• ベストアンサー

和訳お願いします

英語やり直し組です 連投で申し訳ありません。 If we don't want to become like Nazi Germany, and you know, these people want us to become like Nazi Germany, it's time for us to stand up and lay down, and it's time for us to do civil disobedience on a massive scale 訳が全くわかりません。 (1)「もし私たちがナチスドイツのようになりたくないのなら…and you know??」,and you know,これはどういった意味になるのでしょうか? (2)「それらの人々は私たちにナチスドイツのようになってほしい」最初の文となんとなく繋がりはわかるのですが「私たちがなりたくないのならそれらの人々は私たちになってほしい」…何が言いたいのかよくわかりません。。。皮肉?なんでしょうか? (3)最初がわからないからなのかもしれませんが、it's time for のitって何を指しているのでしょうか?かなり意訳ですがその時間は大事、って事が言いたいのだと思いますが何の時間かがわかりません。。。 お願いします。。。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • whoiam
  • ベストアンサー率57% (4/7)
回答No.2

文脈がよくわからないので一部なんとも言えない部分があるのですが、 (1) これは話し言葉です。you knowはニュアンスを汲み取って日本語にすると「えーと」「あのー」「そのー」などになるところで、ほとんど意味はありません。会話をつなぐせりふなので、特に訳出も不要です。もともとは(as) you know(知ってると思うけど)みたいなのが由来と思いますが、ここではそのニュアンスはほとんどないと思います。 (2) want A to do で、Aに~してほしいと思っている という意味です。つまり、 if 【私たちがナチスドイツのようになりたくないと思っていて】and【こうした人たちが、私たちにナチスドイツのようになって欲しいと思っている】, it's time for us to stand ... もっと訳すと 私たちがナチスドイツのようになりたくないと思っているにもかかわらず、こうした人たちが(these peopleが何を指しているのかは文脈的に判断不能)私たちにナチスドイツのようになってほしいと望むのなら、 (3)itに意味はありません(前の文章をさしているわけではない)。文法用語で言うと仮主語というのでしょうか。以下のように覚えて差し支えありません。 it's time to do(…する時だ) 例)it's time to eat.(メシの時間だよ) forというのはto do 以下の主語です。it's time for us to do civil disobedience on a massive scale.でいうと、「私たちが(にとって)」massiveなscaleで、civil disobedienceをやる時なんだということを言ってるわけです。

toitoi1098
質問者

お礼

丁寧な回答ありがとうございました。 ものすごくわかりやすかったです。全く意味がわからなかった文だったのに、完全に理解できました。ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• duckoo
  • ベストアンサー率22% (11/48)
回答No.1

(1)you know は、聞き手に同意を求める表現です。硬く言えば、「あなたもご存知の通り」とかです。具体的には these people...Nazi Germany という内容を、です。 If we don't want to become like Nazi Germany, (and you know, these people want us to become like Nazi Germany), it's time for us to stand up and lay down, and it's time for us to do civil disobedience on a massive scale こんな感じになってます。 (2)上に示した通り、最初の文とつながるのは、it's time 以降です。「あなたも知ってるでしょうけど、these people は私たちにナチのようになってもらいたいと思っています。」 (3)it に特に意味はありません。it's time for us to.... で、今こそ~の時である、くらいの意味です。

toitoi1098
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。 説明をされてようやく文の意味が理解できました。 このような文をヒアリングで即座に意味がわかるようになるにはどれだけ時間が必要なのか考えると泣けてきます。。。。。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします。

・ You know. I would you like me to teach you ? ・ what ever you would like me to learn ・ I think if we were to see each other for the first time and kiss. すみません、そのままコピペしました。。 よろしくお願いいたします。m(__)m

• 和訳お願いいたします

Hmmm you like this hotel? I think you know how to appreciate nice things. ・You know that it's only 1 more week before I get on the plane ... I really can't wait to be with you again. ・And it's going to be really nice to see you in your own country and in Tokyo! . ・And of course I choose only the best things for you.

• 和訳をお願いします

I will like to know more about these knifes like where did you get these and how do you tell it's tamahagane.

• ナチス・ドイツ刑事裁判における有罪率

どなたかナチス・ドイツの刑事裁判における第一審有罪率の正確なデータをご存知の方はいらっしゃいますか? I would like to know the exact conviction rate of the first criminal instance in Nazi Germany. If possible, please tell me about it.

• 和訳をお願いします。

翻訳サイトで調べましたがよく解りませんでした。詳しく教えて頂ける方お願いします。 we'd like to regram and repost this image on Instagram and facebook, with credit to you @●●. please let us know if it's ok.we have an #◆◆ contest and we will reward the best of the month. thank you! よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします

【至急】英語解読得意な方、和訳お願いします…!! I didn't intend to do that stupid things yesterday, but it forces me because every time we had some misunderstanding you always scared me to death...this not the matter of win or loss we just destructing each other., I think it's time to us to be separated, move on without any hatred forgive us each other for what we had done wrong ...since yesterday ,it relief the pain I felt and it's over. I did love you for the best I know , I dedicated most of my time waiting to see you for your free time, . But it still worthless .... Sometimes I kept asking my self why we still fighting., since we love each other.. Did you ever trust me?, or Did I ever trust you?, it's vice versa..we don't know, isn't it ?, because, it can't be us. Thank you for all the love and sacrifices you given me. And when the times come that we're free us together , I will grab that opportunity. Still wishing you the best, good luck!

• 和訳お願いします!!!!!!!

We put you on the waiting list for the first flight leaving on the 7th. In the case that this can get confirmed, you will need to pay a penalty of 30.00Bs by the time you check in due to the change of time. If you can please keep in touch with us and contact us the day before in order to know whether your flight got confirmed for the morning one or not.

• 和訳お願い致します

I know we've spent some time together and I like hanging out with you, but since it's mostly been when we're drunk and after being out with other friends, I have thought of it as us being friends and having fun time together. I hope you are okay with that and you don't feel awkward.

• 和訳してくださいませんか

知り合いと震災の意見を交換し合っています。 回答が来たのですがよく理解出来ません。 どうか和訳にしていただけないでしょうか。 よろしくお願い致します。 you know something very good can come out of this disaster. it is to realize that big business and big government are not there to take care of us, they are there to take care of themselves. so please consider, to talk about how to remove big companies or big government in our lives. small farms, small shops, small governments..... sure we need some big companies for cars, and things like that. but for most things no. you know i am for this, people and freedom. being really free, you don't feel you are working, you feel like you are living.

• 英文の和訳で分からないところがあります。

英文の和訳で分からないところがあります。 Why do we smile when we see a baby? に続く一文で、 Perhaps it's because we see someone without all the defensive layers, someone whose smile for us we know to be fully genuine and innocent. という文が続くのですが、この文の後半部、someone whose smile for us we know to be fully genuine and innocentというところの構造が分かりません。someone who smiles for us ~だったら、who smiles for usとwe know to be fully genuine and innocentがどちらもsomeoneを修飾していると理解できるのですが。 どなたかご教示ください。