The Obligations of For-Profit Health Care Institutions

このQ&Aのポイント
  • For-profit health care institutions may not have a special obligation to subsidize care for the needy.
  • Candidate performance in nationally televised debates greatly influences voter preference in US presidential elections.
  • Media coverage of debates is important for educating the public and enabling informed voting decisions, but availability of coverage is limited by 'pool' situations.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

この英文の意味(訳)を教えてください。

1.下記の和訳もしくは意味を教えてください。 It is crucial to question the assumption that for-profit health care institutions have special obligations to help subsidize care for the needy over and above their general obligation as taxpayers. ----------------------------------------------- *下記の文は、全文の和訳は必要ありません* 質問 1.下記の文はどうしてalsoが入っているのでしょう? 2.また、Whenからの意味を教えてください。特に\'feed\' Various factors influence voter preference in United States presidential elections, but perhaps none is so persuasive as a candidate\'s performance on nationally televised debates just prior to the election. Newspapers and television news programs generally attempt to provide thorough coverage of the debates, further augmenting the effect of good or bad candidate performances. In this way, the news media fulfill the traditional role of educating the public and enabling voters to make better informed decisions about elected officials. However, the same media that bring live debates into millions of living rooms across the nation 【1.ここです→】also limit the availability of debate coverage by use of \'pool\' coverage.【2.ココです→】When typical pool situations arise, one of the major networks covers the event, and a \'feed\' is created so other broadcasters may have access to the same coverage. 何度考えても良く分からないため、 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • longrain
  • ベストアンサー率39% (52/131)
回答No.1

It is crucial to question the assumption that for-profit health care institutions have special obligations to help subsidize care for the needy over and above their general obligation as taxpayers. 税金を支払うという一般的な義務 (税金の一部は貧しい人への補助として使われる) を超えて貧しい人に対し治療援助を助成する特別な義務が営利医療機関にはある、という仮定(が妥当か)を問いかけることは極めて重要である。 1.下記の文はどうしてalsoが入っているのでしょう? the news media ............ ........... ........... ........... → 「ニュースメディアは ..... ということをやっている」 However, the same media ........... also ......... → 「しかし、同じメディアが ..... ということもやっている」 2.また、Whenからの意味を教えてください。特に"feed" When typical pool situations arise, one of the major networks covers the event, and a 'feed' is created so other broadcasters may have access to the same coverage. 典型的な取材情報の共有が行われる場合、(CNN, NBCなどの)主要なネットワークの一つがそのディベートの取材・報道などの一切を取り仕切り、いわゆる「食いつき」(視聴者を引き込むための記事や番組)が作られる。そのため(共有情報を利用している)他の報道機関もそれと同じ記事や番組を利用することになるかも知れないのである。  

mylovelyal
質問者

お礼

longrain様 1.否定がきてもalsoでつなげられるんですよねぇ。。。。こんなことも分からなかったなんて、お恥ずかしいです。 2.食いつきですか!理解できました。 一つの会社がディベートを独占し、他の報道機関が同じ内容しかつかえないと、その一つの意見しかでまわらないため、偏見を起こしてしまう可能性があり問題である、ということなのですかね!?って、最後までここに記載してないのにわかるわけないですよね・・・ すみません(笑) 本当にありがとうございました!!!!!

関連するQ&A

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

イギリスのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。安い買い物なんですが送料が高くて困っています。その事を相手に相談していました。返事がきたんですがちょっと意味がわかりません。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 These prices are without duties and taxes which you will need to pay upon the arrival of your goods there. Also, these prices are approximate because 運送会社require the exact dimensions and the exact weights of each carton and I cannot give it to them now as like I told you we have boxes of different dimensions and also the weight will be different. So these prices will definitely change but I can only tell you the exact amount when your order is packed. The £545 is for sea freight, but you need to have a minimum of 10 cartons to be able to have it shipped by sea. This amount also excludes your taxes which you will have to pay there. I hope this is clearer, let me know please if you have any more questions.

• 英文と訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

It is even more true in the sense that the domains became even more closely integrated in the overall administrative structure as time went on, and at the same time were able to consolidate their (albeit subordinate) position relative to the bakufu. Therefore, to talk of the ‘’Tokugawa system’’ or the ‘’Tokugawa bakufu’’ is useful when discussing the administrative structure and developments of the seventeenth and early eighteenth centuries, but after that these terms reflect progressively less of the actual state of affairs and, in particular, the distribution of power. 和訳 さらに時が経つにつれて、藩が全体的な行政機構の中に組み込まれていき、同時に幕府に対する相対的な地位を固めることが出来たという事実である。よって、17世紀から18世紀初めまでの行政機構およびその発展について議論する場合、「徳川体制」や「徳川幕府」を語ることは有用ではあるが、次第に状況、特に権力の分布という表現を使うものではなくなっていく。

• 以下の英文訳で困っています!!

以下の英文訳で困っています!! どのように訳すのでしょうか? お暇なときで構いません、よろしくお願いします。 Innovation and investment Agrodiversity can be viewed in two ways. One way is to see it as the contribution of skillful but essentially passive adaptation to local diversity in the context of changing conditions. Another is to stress innovations that impose greater control on the farming environment. Both are elements of diversity and sometimes both are present in the same general region, the same community territory, and even on the same farm. Ecological niches are carefully selected, but whereas some are used with little modification of the land surface and biota and others are managed in a uniform manner, still others are used only by the creation of substantial and enduring physical changes. These are the so-called landesque capital, investments with a life expectation well beyond the present crop or crop cycle. Landesque capital is defined by Blaikie and Brookfield (1987:9) as “any investment in land with an anticipated life beyond that of the present crop, or crop cycle. The creation of landesque capital involves substantial saving of labor and other inputs for future production.” The term was developed within agricultural economics, and I cannot recall from where I borrowed it when I first used it in 1984. In the broad field of cultural ecology it is often attributed to me, but unfortunately I cannot claim that credit. Landesque capital includes terraces, irrigation and drainage system, large mounds, and deliberate changes in the mixture of trees grown on land that has been cultivated. Landesque capital also includes soils that are so modified by their users as to be almost manufactured, as will be discussed in chapter 5. 長文で申し訳ないです・・・

• 英文和訳と英文解釈を教えてください。

次の英文の和訳と、できれば文法解釈もお願いします。 Even if the units are fitted with condenser and heaters, level of constraints remain high and this is confirmed by feedback on these units indicating replacement of parts before 5 years and also several events of loss of efficiency detected during controls. So a periodicity of replacement of 5 years is retained for the parts. (1)和訳をお願いします。 (2)できれば文法解釈もお願いします。 宜しくお願いします。

• この英文を、同じ意味でかきかえていただきたいです。

Annibale Carracci’s artwork, The Coronation of the Virgin – 1590-1609, this piece of the soul and the mind. This picture grabbed my attention because it is one of the few paintings in which God, Jesus, and Mary are represented as “equals”, because of their sizes. The arrangement of the figures, and the colors implemented by the artist were other elements that interested me. In the following essay I will discuss the subject matter of the painting, and the technique used, as well as a brief discussion of the features that identify this artwork with the time period when it was painted. In this painting Mary is being crowned by Jesus and God, after her ascension to heaven. This action is taking place in heaven, because angels that are sitting in the background and also clouds closer to the border of the painting surround the three main figures. Jesus, Mary, and God are the main figures. In the center, Mary extends her arms as if welcoming a son/daughter or family member and her face expresses tranquility and acceptance. To her right is Jesus, who lifts His right hand to hold the crown, and His face shows kindness and respect. On Mary’s left, is God, who raises His left hand to hold the other side of the crown that is being placed on Mary’s head. God’s face also shows kindness towards Mary, and as the Father and the Son put the crown on Mary’s head, the Holy Spirit, represented as a dove, descends over her. Crowds of angels sit in order, one on the side of the other, around the semicircular theater in the background of the painting, and others, closer to the viewer’s point of view, are represented playing instruments and holding books, as if they were singing. In the center small human figures are shown, one of them holding a scroll as if they were asking Mary to intercede for them before God. Organization, light, and clothing are important elements of this representation, because they make a reference to the style under which it was created. On “The Coronation of the Virgin,” figures form three triangles. The first and smallest one is formed by Mary’s head and extended arms. Jesus and God’s arms and bellies form the second triangle. The third and biggest triangle starts on the Holy Spirit and extends from both sides to the two low corners of the painting. Triangles may serve as reference to the Holy family and also to the Trinity, which are formed by three figures, the same as triangles have three angles and sides. The organization of the figures in this painting make reference to the High Renaissance where the arrangement of the figures played an important role in the meaning and message that the artist was seeking to convey. This painting is also full of light and color, which bring to this picture a sense of natural appearance, characteristic of the Byzantine and High Renaissance, and also of the Baroque. Clothing is another important element of this painting for it is a reminder of the Classical revival. The colors of the draperies are very basic; blue and pink on Mary’s drapery, white on God and Jesus, and red on two angels in the right corner of the painting, and some green in the center, and a lot of yellow in the background. Another important feature that relates this painting with the style the artist implemented is the body types, especially in Jesus and God. Jesus is shown as having Byzantine facial features, and a classical body type, where muscles and a well shaped body are visible. Also God’s body has been idealized, due to the fact that His body looks as young as His son’s body; giving to this picture a characteristic usually seen during the classical period.

• 英文の邦訳をお願いします。

It is also clear that the problems of congealing diffuse outsider shareholdings, to discipline the management of the largest corporations when the need arises, is not so formidable, because these shareholdings are not so diffusely owned as is often supposed. 上記英文の邦訳をお願いいたします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しました。発送のことでメールが来たんですがいまいちわかりません。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 I am so sorry I was out of the office so I was not able to get back to you. Normally you can expect responses right away so I am sorry about this. We had one AAA that was in production from the popularity of it so it was received yesterday I also asked them to send you some additional purse hooks as a gift for being late. They are a nice gift for your customers I hope, but I wanted to give it to you as a gesture and apology for my late response. I also don’t have the final size of the box since they had to wait to add another bag to the order they have not packaged it, I will let you know once the office is back today and also the tracking. It should get there in about 2 days. Also the address you gave is a remote area for fedex do you have another address, normally it is an additional $25 but I asked them to waive the out of remote fee this time so we will pay for it. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will update you later today.

• 意味がよくわかりません。どなたか訳をお願いします。

* As I'm leaving the country soon and quite busy with my business as well as party schedule for my friend, will it be okay with you if we conclude the transaction when I come back from uk? You can send me the invoice anytime, shipping instructions same as before, and I'll take care of the payment as soon as possible, possibly on the 23rd or latest on the 24th so everything's on track. My housemaid doesn't know how to properly receive precious item shipments so I better be here to personally take care of payment as well as when the item is scheduled to arrive * 以上のような文章なのですが、正確な意味がうまく訳せません。。。 荷物の発送タイミングがいまいち理解できません。 どなたかよろしくお願い致します。

• この英文の意味を教えてください!

この英文の意味を教えてください! "When importing goods, it's also important for a company to know exactly what it can sell in Canada. If a company does insufficient research and the merchandise it imports is not of the quality expected in the Canadian market, importers may be saddled with the cost of the unsaleable merchandise."

• この英文はなぜ名詞が並んでるんですか?

There's no such thing as a general eating habit for ants because there are so many different types of ants,large and small,and also so many different ways ants feed themselves. この英文についてなんですがまず as a general eating habit for ants このasは「ありに関する一般的な食習慣~」このasはなんと訳せばよいでしょうか?辞書で調べたのですが良い答えがございません。 2つ目に and also so many different ways ants feed themselves. のついてなんですが、feed は「えさを与える」という意味から 「自分自身にえさを与える」からどういう風に訳せばよいでしょうか? 何かこういう風に連想して訳せばよいというあんがございましたら教えてください。 あと3つ目に and also so many different ways ants feed themselves. 同じところなんですが、ちょっとおかしいと思うのですそれは also so many different とあるので「それはまた多くの違いがある」 と訳すのはわかるのですが、しかしその後のwaysはその違いに関する補足的な説明文とわかるのですが、ここではおそらくwayは関係副詞howと同じと思うので、ways でなくthe wayと思うのですが、なぜwaysなのでしょうか?また、このときのwaysの役割はなんでしょうか? 仮にdifferent ways antsだと名詞+名詞+名詞となってしまい文法的におかしいではないでしょうか? この疑問をわかりやすく教えていただける方お願いします どうかよろしくお願いします