• 締切済み

訳をお願いします

映画の台詞で、ここだけどうしても理解できない一文がありました。どなたか訳をお願いします。 Don't let your past dictate who you are...but let it be part of who you will become.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)
回答No.1

こんにちは! Don't let your past dictate who you are...but let it be part of who you will become. うぉ!かっこいいセリフですね (^0^)/ 一生に一度くらい言ってみたいような(←無理!) 直訳します。 あなたの過去に、あなたが誰であるかを命令させるな...そうではなくて(=but)、あなたの過去(=it)が、あなたがどんな人間になるかの一部になるようにしなさい。 僕的に意訳すると―― 過去に縛られちゃいかんぜよ...過去を肥しにしてな、それで、自分をつくっていくのさ! ぜんぜん coolじゃないです><;

annasan
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます そうなんです。感動的なシーンで、言われた女性がすっごく感動していたので、是非意味を知りたいと思っていて。すっきりしました!

関連するQ&A

• 英文について

Let the darkness pass through you. But don't let it be with youとはどういう意味ですか? 教えてください。

• 訳について

For those of you who don't exercise regularly, it will probably be extremely difficult to keep running for more than 30 minutes. の最初の those of youの部分が意味はだいたいわかるんですがどうしてこう書くのかわかりません。 教えてください。

• 日本語訳を! 7-(5)

お願いします。 (14) When you arrive at the barracks, the smell of fresh baking bread makes your mouth water. Bakers pull loaves out of ovens large enough for you to stand in. You take some bread for yourself and then some fore your grandfather's Ka. You wander to the west side of the pyramid looking for his tomb. Your mother told you that his tomb is a miniature version of King Khufu's mer, except grandfather's is made from mud brick instead of stone. You pass the tomb of a husband and wife who worked on the Great Pyramid. You are one of the fdw who can read bits and pieces of hieroglyphs. What you read makes you quicken your pace past the tomb. It is cursed. "O all people who enter this tomb who will make evil against this tomb and destroy it; may the crocodile be against them on water, and snakes be against them on land; may the hippopotamus be against them on water, the scorpion against them on land." Even though you would never rob a tomb, the curse gives you the creeps, and you watch the ground ahead for snakes and scorpions. (15) Maybe you had better head back. The Overseer of All the King's Works will have assigned your job and you are anxious to see what you will be doing. Most of the farmers have to do all the heavy lifting, but maybe you will be lucky since you can read a little. Maybe you will be assigned a more skilled job. You hope that you can work on one of the boats in one of the boat pits. Wouldn't it be faaulous to be a boat builder for the afterlife? To help build the boat that King Khufu will use to navigate the stars?

• 翻訳をお願いいたします

以下の文章を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? ここは定型文ではないと思いますが、 抽象的な章かもしれません。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 The Dragon in your chart shows a permanent union. But the crisis when it comes will be dire and connected with money. If you have spent the past in poverty the future will be in comparative wealth, and visa versa. This area of your life will undergo a severe reversal in the years of marriage or living together. If in the past you have been financially inadequate and dependant on others, the role will gradually but harshly be reversed, There is a decline and you will end up the provider, with heavy responsibilities and others not pulling their weight It will in the end or later years seem to be you who is the breadwinner, or who is learning to be self sufficient. The karma of the relationship will gradually force you to be the one who has either to work, or who has to find strength to manage the money and make the husband work harder. It is a relationship for life maybe, but not an income for life.

• 日本語訳お願いします。

Time travel poses, however, all sorts of problems, logical, social, and technical. The most difficult one is the so-called“grandfather paradox”:what happens if we travel back in time and kill our own grandparents or parents before we are born? This is a logical impossibility because it implies that we would not have been born and thus could not have gone back in time to commit the murder. Difficult as it may sound, there are, however, ways to resolve this paradox. First, perhaps, you simply repeat past history when you go back in time, therefore fulfilling the past. In this case, you have absolutely no free will and are forced to complete the past as you know it. Second, you have free will, so you can change the past but within limits. Your free will is not allowed to create a time paradox. Whenever you try to kill your parents before you are born, a mysterious force prevents you from actually doing this. Third, the universe splits into two universes. On one time line, the people whom you killed look just like your parents, but they are different because you are now in a parallel universe. This latter possibility, which is also explored in the famous Hollywood movie Back to the Future, seems to be consistent with the quantum theory.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。発送の事で相手からメールがきました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願い致します。 to have your full order ready to be ship it will take USA 1 more month. XX will be end of August, let me know if that's ok with you. For the photos I will be sending you through wetransfer but please do not advertise it yet since others XXX don't have photos yet.

• これを和訳すると何て書いてありますか?

Let This Go I think I'm need, of a quiet walk home And as we step forward we would rather be alone So, make some noise while you got time Take this poison for your mind Who knows, you could be gone by this time tomorrow And, I don't know where we're going But I take pride in not knowing And you say I will be the one to let this go So, make some noise while you got time Take this poison for your mind Who knows, you could be gone by this time tomorrow And, I don't know where we're going But I take pride in not knowing And you say I will be the one to let this go

• 訳を教えてください

2つの文章の和訳を教えてください。主語とかが省略されている気がするのですが、1つ1つの単語はわかっても何が言いたいのか掴めません。 ★For what really is the future - but hope and dreams the way we wish things would be - not saying it will be that way. Just like the past is our perception of things that have happened in our life. ★Life is more easy and calmer for simpler people, but much more earth shattering, lip trembling, and aggressive for those who don't just take what is given to them...

• 英語訳

Which is better? to find a person who completes you? or the one who complements your completeness? why? thank you for your answers! 完璧な感じの人と、完璧になろうとしている人。。どっちがいいんでしょうか・・ な質問に対し、 in my opion it would be one who completes you becasue be they would compliment you ..being complete means you are well rounded and what ever relationship you are in you work together thru the cycle and compliment each other... 完璧な人の方がいいと思います。なぜなら彼らは、あなたを励ますし コンプリートの意味は、いい物に囲まれていて、二人でいる関係のサイクルをきにせず、それが互いを補うと。。 頭の中では、書いたのと違います。がどう訳を与えるのがいいですか?

• 英語の訳

こんばんは。 下記の英訳をぜひお願いします。 映画「FELON」の中のフレーズらしいです。。 なんとなくは、、わかるんですけど。。最初の方がイマイチわかりません。。 Don't run from who you've become. Embrace it, grow from it. And you'll never lose sight of what really matters..