• ベストアンサー

これで合ってるでしょうか?

In a letter to his father two years before his death in 1977 Elvis wrote , “I have pursued my vision and reached the mountain-top. (1977年、エルビスは手紙に二年前死んだ彼の父親のことを書いた。「私は、わたしのビジョンと山頂に着くことをおいもとめた。」) たびたびすいません。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.3

plase はplace ですね? ところでエルビスの経歴はご存じですか?晩年はドラッグのせいか奇行も目立つようになり、食欲が抑えられなくなって激太り、当然ステージもまともに勤められなくなって音楽的質も落ち、友人達も彼から離れるようになって孤独な最後を迎えたのです。 ということをふまえて補足でお書きになった文を読みますと、先ほど私は訳で意訳して「極めた」と書きましたが、正確には「山頂に登り詰めた」ということですね。自分の人生というか夢を山にたとえて、山の頂上に達したと書いたわけです。その後にこの文が続くんですね。 「しかし山にある公園は寂しいところかも」 このcan は「~でありうる、~の場合が考えられる」という意味でしょう。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.4

No2です。 うっかりしてました、訂正です。 But the peak of a mountain can be a lonely place. しかし、その山の頂上は、孤独な場所になりかねなかった。

dondondan
質問者

お礼

たびたび、ありがとうございました。 とてもわかりやすく解説していただき、ホントにわかりやすかったです。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.2

エルビスは、1977年に死ぬその2年前に父に便りを書いた「私は、素晴らしい光景を追い求め、山の頂上にたどり着いた。 X:But the park of a mountain can be a lonely plase. ○:But the peak of a mountain can be a lonely place.  しかし、山の頂上は寂しい場所だった。  アドバイス:文章の途中で区切って投稿質問をすると、誤解が生まれます。  もう一つアドバイス:ありがとうの一言は大切ですよ。 

参考URL:
http://www.elvis.com/elvisology/writings/elvis_todad.asp
dondondan
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.1

エルビスは、1977年に死ぬその2年前に父に宛てた手紙に、このように書いた。「私は自分の理想像を追い求めて極めた」

dondondan
質問者

補足

そのあとに、 But the park of a mountain can be a lonely plase. こうやって続くんですが? どうやって訳すのでしょうか?

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

My husband’s father died just before we got married, 17 years ago. He had been married to a woman with three daughters of her own, and the two had just had another baby girl at the time of his death. My husband and his brothers had a contentious relationship with their stepmother and stepsisters, and cut them out of their lives entirely after their father’s estate was settled. their father’s estate was settledはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• これでいいのでしょうか?

Elvis was the King and Graceland his palace. (エルビスは、彼の宮殿グレースランドと〔ロック〕キングです。) In its way it was also a Heartbreak Hotel. (その、使用方法は、それは、悲痛を治すホテルでもある場所。) まったく違うと思うんですが、どのように訳せばいいのでしょうか? 教えてください。

• 和訳

The Leales were very worried about Soseki’s mental problems. They recommended him to try bike-riding,a popular hobby in Britain at the time. Soseki followed their advice and began bike-riding. His cycling trips through the parks let him get back in touch with the world around him. This may have helped his mental condition. He even wrote about his poor cycling skills in a comical essay,”A Bike-riding Journal.” Thanks to the kindness of the people around him,Soseki recovered. In October 1902,he took a trip to Scotland for a week. It was his only sightseeing trip while in Britain,and he had a wonderful time. He finally felt some joy come back to his life. In December of that year,with 400 books he had bought,he left for Japan,returning in late January 1903. In one essay Soseki wrote: “My two years in London were the most unhappy two years of my life.” Soseki suffered a lot,but out of his suffering he learned many precious things that were later reflected in his writing. 以下の質問に英語で答えなさい。 1, Why did he start bike-riding? 2, When and where did he go sightseeing in Britain? 3, As he himself wrote,do you think his two years in London meant nothing to him? 和訳と問題をお願いします。

• 穴埋めの添削をお願いします!

1)My grandmother is still alive, but she (had been) in hospital for two years. 2)David (had been) natto before he came to Japan. 3)The police (has been chasing) the criminal for many years when they finally caught him. 4)Next month I (will have known) Alice for 20 years. 5)The plane had departed (before) we reached the airport. 6)"Where's Linda?" "(She's gone) to bed." 7)By next April Jane (will have been learning) the guitar for seven years. 8)My father (had given) up smoking three years ago. 9)Your Chinese is very good. How long (have you been learning) Chinese? 英文が多く申し訳ないです。 ()の中の穴埋めです。一通り考えてみましたがいまいちわかりません・・・ ()内の訂正と、英訳も加えてくださると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いします!

• retirement portfolio

My wife and I are in our early 50s and my mother-in-law died almost two years ago. My wife’s parents were married for 55 years, and as an only child she was close to both of them. The death was devastating for everyone. My father-in-law is a healthy and energetic 84-year-old with a comfortable retirement portfolio. retirement portfolioはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• in early days[years]の使い方

Forest Intensive English Grammar in 27 Lessons [4th Edition] (2005)石黒昭博監修 (質問1) A: ( ) this picture? [you ever see] B: Yes, it's by Picasso. ( ) it in his early years. [he paint] 過去形か現在完了形、現在完了進行形のいずれかにして対話文を完成させなさい。 ☆わたくしは、 A: (Have you ever seen) this picture? B: ...(He painted) it in his early years. だと思いました。正しい答えは分かりませんが、Picassoは死んでいるし、in his early yearsは「過去形」で使でしょうし、更に次の文章が理由です。 ライトハウス英和辞典 (1997)竹林滋氏など編集 In his early days[years] he was known as a great pianist. ここでも「過去形」が使われています。 しかし、次の文章が疑問です。 The publishing company published the book which the author had written in her younger days. earlyではなく、youngerとなっておりますが、自分はこのin her younger daysは「過去」を表すものだと思い、had writtenではなく、wroteがよいとおもったのですが如何でしょうか?ここは所謂「大過去」だからhad+p.p.を使ってもよいのでしょうか?(時の前後関係が明白な場合は、had+p.p.を使わなくてもよいというルールがあると思いますが、それによるとhad writtenでもwroteでもどちらでもよいということでしょうか?それともwroteだけが正しいのでしょうか?) (質問2) [Have you visited/ Did you visit] a foreign country in your life? ☆適当な語句を選べという問題ですが、自分には選べません。どちらが正しいのでしょうか?(普通は、Have you visitedなのでしょうが、「過去形」でも過去の経験を表すのでそれでもいいと思うのですが)

• 和訳

Natsume Soseki went to Britain about 100 years ago as a student sent by the Ministry of Education. He was 33 years old and a professor at the Fifth High School in Kumamoto then. He left Yokohama by ship in September 1900,and reached London two months later. Britain was more developed than other countries in those days. There was already a web of underground in London―30 years before the first underground in Tokyo. Everything Soseki saw and heard was a wonder. He enjoyed buying used books,walking in the parks and going to the theaters. He wrote this to his wife: “I wish you could see the wonderful theater shows. In one show,I saw about sixty women dancing on the stage in gorgeous costumes.” Soseki’s life in London,however,was difficult sometimes. The prices were very high for him. He stopped going to college because he felt the tuition was too expensive and the classes were not useful. And being unfamiliar with the city,he often lost his way or took the wrong train when he want out to see the sights. 和訳していただけてたら光栄です。 打ち間違いをしていたらすいません。

• 1~10の()内をたずねる疑問文を作ってください

1.It's (eight o'clock) now 2.(Naoya and his father) made this table. 3.His father is (forty years old.) 4.Her sister is (a nurse.) 5.It takes (an hour) to go to the park. 6.They went to Vienna (to study music.) 7.That watch is (fifty thousand yen.) 8.They enjoy skating (in winter.) 9.This is (John's) guiter. 10.His brother lives (in Kanazawa.)

• 質問No.8414493の立て直し。

質問No.8414493 にて evenの使い方で  1-a) I can't remember anything about him.--not even his name. で このようなコメントをいただきました。   1. I can't remember anything about him, even his name. と not をカンマ後繰り返す必要はない。 そして 参考書でも   3 His Spanish isn't very good----- even after two years in Mexico. という文がありました。                               4 Nobody would help her. ----not even her best friend. という文もありました。    3 -----not even after two years in Mexico. 4 ----- even her best friend. (←Nobody で notが入っているものとして) でも 意味は同じになるのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Sex Pistols Guitarist Reveals Why ‘No One Gave A Fuck’ About Scott Weiland During Final Days In his new book “Lonely Boy,” Sex Pistols guitarist Steve Jones touched on late Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland, saying how no one cared for him shortly before his death in December 2015.Steve noted “I went to a few 12-step meetings where Scott Weiland was there. But I could tell from the start just by sensing his vibe that he simply didn’t get it and never would. “The day before his death, no one gave a fuck about him, and just wrote him off. The next day, all the radio stations were milking him for all he was worth.”

このQ&Aのポイント
  • グアテマラで日本のAndroidスマホを使うためには、GSMバンドの対応状況を確認する必要があります。
  • 現地キャリアのclaroと提携している日本の大手キャリアを利用することができます。
  • デュアルSIMのスマホを使うことで、現地シムと日本のシムを同時に使用することが可能です。
回答を見る