• ベストアンサー

simply の意味、ここでは only?

sukinyanの回答

• ベストアンサー
  • sukinyan
  • ベストアンサー率38% (119/313)
回答No.1

僭越ながら英国人(大卒)としてお答え致しますと、これって、ブレアの後継者として自他ともに認めるところのDavid Cameron MPのスピーチを報道したものでしょうね。 :) 質問者さまも御存知のとおり、simply - onlyではありませんが、ここでは質問者さまの正しい御解釈通り、ブレア政権の銃犯罪対策が完全な失敗だった、と言い切っていますね。とにかく、失敗以外のなにものでもない、「単に」失敗した、ということですね。ご不明な点は、ご面倒ですが補足質問を御投稿くださいますようお願い申し上げます。

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

My boss loves me and has really helped with my career. One little issue: She can't say my name correctly. It's a common name but she butchers it; think pronouncing Nina like Ny-nah instead of Nee-nah. She has heard me and others pronounce my name Nee-nah hundreds of times, but she still says Ny-nah. Sometimes, she'll get the link and say Nee-nah once but then goes back to Ny-nah. ここでのget the linkはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳 get away with

外国人です。。。私の和訳はあっているでしょうか。添削をお願いいたします。 Defendants’ conduct has allowed criminals to get away. 被告の行動は、犯罪者が処罰を免れるのを可能にした。 上記の翻訳は正しくないと思います。 get awayは get away with crimeという意味です。 get away with = no punishment + no blame

• 英文についての質問

This is in in contrast to a confederal system, as the states had under the Articles, where the regional governments are sovereign, and the central government has only as much authority as the regional governments allow it, and a unitary system where the central government is sovereign, and the state or provincial governments have only as much power as the central government allows them. *はじめのThis is in in contrast のin が2回続きますが、おそらくミスだと思います。 このような文章があるのですが、 つまりconfederal systemに焦点を置くと、 「confederal systemは州や地方の政府が主権国家であり、中央政府は地方政府が許すほどの権限しか持たない。」 ということでしょうか? 例えばconfederal governmentについて上の文からまとめなさい、という問題があった場合(特にそんな問題はないです)、このような回答でいいでしょうか? Confederal system were the regional governments are sovereign, and the central government has only as much authority as the regional governments allow it. よろしくお願いします。

• directedの用法とこの文での意味

He has written a depressing record of destruction, DIRECTED not only against the earth he inhabit but against the life that shares it with him. SILENT SPRING の中の一文です。 DIRECTED は destruction にかかっていますか? また、direct の数ある意味のなかでここではどういう意味で使われて いるのでしょうか?

• 和訳教えてください

Man has always been engaged in a two-fold struggle, with his physical enviroment and with mankind. In general, he has been winning the former and losing the latter. He has gained comfort, convenience and a reasonable degree of physical safety, but he has failed to achieve a peaceful world. He has conquered the elements and created scientific miracles, but he has not learned how to live with his fellow man. 和訳よろしくお願いします!!

• 意味を教えてください

I just started dating a great guy. We’ve been out only a couple of times, but the spark is there. The trouble is that he has a bad background. His mom was an addict and his dad is in prison, and he bounced around from various troubled relatives until CPS intervened and put him in foster care. He was bounced from place to place and never bonded with anybody. He had a few brushes with drugs and the law, but nothing serious, had a few brushes with drugs and the lawの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英文の不明な点についてご教示ください 3

英文を読んでいて、わからない部分があったので、ご教示お願いします。英保守党の議員が教育について語った文章です。 The Education Secretary can hand out all the goody bags with all the books W H Smith can muster, but it's no use if large numbers of children aren't taught to read properly. Where the Government needs to let go, it simply cannot bring itself to do it. Where the Government...to do itまでが、どのような文型になって、どのような意味になるのかがわかりません。政府が手放す必要のあるところを、単にそうする気持ちにはなれない・・?という意味不明な文章になってしまいます。これは、どのような意味なのでしょうか?

• 竹内まりやの~人生の扉~の英文の訳

お世話になります。 竹内まりやの「人生の扉」が大好きなのですが、 間に入っている英文の意味がどうしても知りたいのです。 日本語に訳していただけませんでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。 I say it's fun to be 20 You say it's great to be 30 And they say it's lovely to be 40 But I feel it's nice to be 50 I say it's fine to be 60 You say it's alright to be 70 And they say still good to be 80 But I'll maybe live over 90 I say it's sad to get weak You say it's hard to get older And they say that life has no meaning But I still believe it's worth living But I still believe it's worth living

• 次の英文解釈について教えてください

出所はEconomist, Jul 19th 2008, p11です。 Mr Paulson was still right to intervene: the collapse of Fannie and Freddie would have been a catastrophe. But by not formally nationalising them, he has let down taxpayers and made the same deeply uncapitalist mistake the British government initially made with Northern Rock, a failed mortgage bank it tried to promp up. 私の解釈と疑問点: ポールソン財務長官はその時点でも市場介入の正当性をもっていた。(市場介入をしなければ)FannieとFreddieの破綻は大災害をもたらしていただろう。しかし、FannieとFreddieを正式なやり方で国有化しなかったため、ポールソンは納税者を失望させたし、<<次からがよく理解できません>>非資本主義者(共産主義者?)と同じくらい深刻な失敗をした。その失敗は、イギリス政府が当初てこ入れをしようとして失敗したNorthern Rock(破綻したモーゲージ銀行)と同じ失敗である。

• 英文の和訳あっていますでしょうか?

英文の和訳あっていますでしょうか?よろしくお願いしますm--m By not trying to figure them out but simply by engaging them. Just get los and become intertwined with the movie. [映画を理解しようと試みるのではなく、単に映画に従事しなさい。ただ迷いそして映画と絡みあいなさい。]