• ベストアンサー

英文の添削お願いします。

以下の英作文の添削をお願いできますでしょうか。 1.「彼は大学は法学部に進学した」 He proceeded to law faculty at University 2.「友人たちの具体的な情報に接して、この頃から何か科学技術に関わる仕事をしたいと考えるようになった。」 Touching live and concrete information brought by my friends, I began to think that I would like to work at something related to science technology from that time.

• daipot
  • お礼率74% (185/247)
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • akijake
  • ベストアンサー率43% (431/992)
回答No.2

こんにちは。 1.「彼は大学は法学部に進学した」 「進学した」ですが、proceedを使えますが、多少堅い表現になります。 go on to, go to, get into, などが普通の会話だと自然に聞こえる気がします。 He went on to the Law Faculty of xxxx university.または He got into the Law Faculty of xxxx university. とかでしょうか? 2.「友人たちの具体的な情報に接して、この頃から何か科学技術に関わる仕事をしたいと考えるようになった。」 「接する」はもう少し砕けて、「hearing」「getting」などを使ってみてはいかがでしょうか? After getting specific information from my friends(一例) 「具体的な情報」いうのは、友人たちが経験したことか何かですか? もうちょっと具体的に記した方がよいと思います。 After/By hearing my friends experienced/studied, など。 at something related がちょっと違和感を感じますので、 to work in the field of science and technology や to find a job related to などが良いかなぁと思います。 最初に「~して」という文があるので、from that timeが何かくどい気がするのですが・・・。特に最初の文にafterをつけた場合、必要ないと思います。 I have been interested in working/finding a job in the field of science and technology since the time my friends told me specific things about it. のように文を変えてみてもいいと思います。 ちょっと「具体的な」の意味が取りにくくてイメージが違うかもしれませんが・・・。

daipot
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。具体的な情報をいうのは経験をいとしてました。違和感があるというふうに英語のセンスを上達させたいです。

その他の回答 (3)

noname#18509
noname#18509
回答No.4

NO3です。よけいなTOが付いていたようでした。

noname#18509
noname#18509
回答No.3

1.「彼は大学は法学部に進学した」ですが、これって何を言いたいのかが不明ですよね。 卒業したことを言いたいのであれば、 He graduated to University of ●● Faculty of Law. とかではないでしょうか? 進学しただけなら、wentとかでよいのでは? 2.「友人たちの具体的な情報に接して、この頃から何か科学技術に関わる仕事をしたいと考えるようになった。」 これについても、Touching live and concrete information brought by my friends, がはじめに来るのは重すぎる気がします・・・。 「私が科学技術に関わる仕事をしたいと考えるようになったのは、友人たちの具体的な情報に接したのがきっかけでした。」 という感覚での日本語を英語にして It構文または I から始まるようにしてはいかがでしょうか?

daipot
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。最初に動名詞を持ってくるのは文語的だといわれたことがありますが、荘なのでしょうか。参考になりました。

• Hideto123
  • ベストアンサー率30% (126/420)
回答No.1

自信がないので、ちょっとだけ・・・ 1.「彼は大学は法学部に進学した」 He majored in law as an undergraduate. という言い方もあります。 2.「友人たちの具体的な情報に接して、この頃から何か科学技術に関わる仕事をしたいと考えるようになった。」 After hearing some specific and positive information from my friends, I began to think about a job of something related science technology from then. 参考にもならないレスで申し訳ないです。

daipot
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 1のような言い方がぱっと思いつくようになりたいです。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の邦訳

Still, I think I was not unusual among historians of science of my generation in thinking that the widespread linking of science and technology or of science and administrative expertise involved something fundamentally spurious, that these supposed connections brought undeserved credit to each enterprise by making science seem more practical and its “applications” more intellectual than either really is. 上記英文を御訳し願います。

• 英文添削おねがいします。

自分が今の仕事を選んだ理由を英文で書きました。 添削よろしくお願いします。 I was working as a guide helper when I was a university student. I chose the work related with the person with autisms because of that. I was mental disabilities person's guide helper. However, there were person with autisms in that, too. I had gone out to various places with them on the weekend. But there were a lot of people who have taken a turn in the park during a day. And some people went to the same place every time. When I went out with the person, who lives in group home, She said "I don’t know why I am here, and I want to go home.” And she cried. At that time, I was working as a part-time job. Therefore, I did not neatly know their detailed situations. But I doubted that "Is their life good as today?" in many times. Of course, there were a lot of happiness and goodness, too. However, doubted things very strongly impression in me. So I thought that I want to help the individuals diagnosed with autism to be able to spend the full life happier than now. Therefore, I have chosen the current job that was able to be more deeply related with the person with autism.

• この英文を添削して下さい。

高校生に英語を教えているのですが、自作の英文が妥当なものかを知りたいので、添削をお願いできますか? 日本文:家に着くやいなや、雨が降った。 英作文: (1)It was not until I got home that it began to rain. (2)Not until I got home did it begin to rain.

• 添削して下さい><お願いします。

I have been studying for two years at university in Hyogo Prefecture. I major overall policy there,and that study the various learning such as internatinal relatins,enviromental,and law. I'm happy to go to school,because I fortunate to have a lot of friends like best friends and study there. I study hard to achive my dream from now on for becoming a lawyer and speaking English fluently. But I often change of pace at times. All one can say is that ,as I am, I have to do my best in any case for the porpose of getting my priorities. あんまり良い表現使ってないような気がします。出来たらどう直したいいかとアドバイスなんかあったらお願いします。

• 英文添削お願いします。

英文添削お願いします。 On October Second ‘10 I had a holiday and went to car dealer. First, I went to Toyota to see Estima. As soon as I went there, I did test-drive one. It was comfortable, but it wasn’t more comfortable Alfard and Velfire. When all of salesman find I decided to buy a car, they surve me with the greatest survice. After Toyota, I went to Honda. But there was not a car I wanted. When I was about to leave the shop, the salesman tried to prevent me from leaving there by this way and that. When I was feeling an awkward situation, my mobile phone rang at a good timing. It called from Toyota and told me to leave my bag. I left there at once and came back Toyota to receive it. As soon as I arrived at there, the salesman brought my bag to me. I felt I was lucky, as I left the shop. If I left it another place, it wouldn’t come back me.

• 英文を添削してください

アメリカの1950年の消費文化(consumer culture)についての文です。 The American manufacturing economy switched from producing war-related items to consumer goods such as appliances and automobiles at the end of World War II. To help create jobs for the tens of thousands of soldiers returning to the workforce from the war and build on the country's newfound economic prosperity, the government, along with businesses and marketing firms, began a campaign to stir up consumer activity. U.S. politicians argued that widespread ownership of more possessions would create greater social equality, thereby proving the superiority of the market system. Consumerism, therefore, acted as a function of the drive to defeat communism. ⇨The American manufacturing economy switched from producing war-related items to consumer goods such as appliances and automobiles at the end of World War II. To help create jobs for the soldiers returned from the war and build on the country's newfound economic prosperity, the government began a campaign. U.S. politicians argued that more possessions would create greater social equality, thereby proving the superiority of the market system. Consumerism acted as a function of the drive to defeat communism. ⇨以降は私が短くした文です。こちらの文を添削して欲しいです。 あと、もしこの情報はいらない、ここは省いてもいい、もっと短くできる、などあればそちらも教えて欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• どれが正しいですか?

僕はあの店で母にあげる物を何か買うつもりだ。 1.I / am going to buy / something to give to my mother / for her / at that store. 2.I / am going to buy / something to give my mother / for her / at that store. 3.I / am going to buy / my mother something to give / for her /at that store. 4.I / am going to buy / something to give / for my mother / at that store. 5.I / am going to buy / something to give / to my mother / at that store. 6.I / am going to buy / something to give to my mother / at that store. どれが正しいですか?

• この英文について教えてください

He was educated at local high school , after which he went on to Harvard University. の英文を2文に分けると He was educated at local high school. After that he went on to Harvard University.になるとあったんですがこのthatは何を表しているのですか?(指示代名詞の「あの」とか関係代名詞とかで答えて貰えると嬉しいです) もし指示代名詞なら He was educated at local high school , after which he went on to Harvard University.の文は that=whichとなりwhichが非制限用法となっているということでしょうか?

• 英文添削をお願いします

下の文章の添削をお願いできますか? You may already forget when you said to me this but they are enough words for insult me. But even I feel so I still tried to behave nicely at that time. あなたはいつどんなふうにそれを言ったかも覚えてないかもしれなけれど、でもあの言葉の数々は私が屈辱を感じるのに充分だった。それでも、私はあのとききちんとあなたに接しようと努力した。 I wanted to believe that you are not the kind of person who can easily cheat one's wife and daughter. I wanted to believe that it is not possible that you are like that.... 私はあなたが簡単に奥さんや娘さんを裏切るような人だと信じたくなかった。そんな人であるはずないと思いたかった。 以上です。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• この英文を添削していただけますか(すみません。至急です・・・)

中国人留学生の友人と一緒に彼女が日本の大学に提出するために必要な文章を考えていますが、自信がありません。 以下の文章を添削していただけますか? 「どうしてこの大学を選んだのですか?」に対する文章です。 *彼女の作った文章を少し私が直しました。 I have a dream that I would like to work in Japan after I graduate from University. I am interested in (企業経営)and accounting. I think it is very important. I attended to (進学説明会)and I got lots of useful and important information from professor about your (this?) university. I also went to open campus day and I found out this university is very beautiful, and there are many wonderful professors and various program (cullicuram). I think it would be good for my future, therefore, I decided to apply. I like this university and when I have a chance to study this university, I would study very hard and do my best. I hope I spend fruitful four years so that I won't regret later. 彼女がいいたいことは: 私には夢があります。大学を卒業して日本で働くことです。私は企業経営や会計に興味があります。それはとても大切だと思うからです。 私は進学説明会に行って貴大学の教授よりたくさんの有意義な情報を得ることができました。そしてオープンキャンパスにも参加しました。 そして大学の美しさに感動し、またたくさんの優秀な教授陣やカリキュラムのすばらしさを知る事ができました。私の将来にとっても大変ためになると思ったので応募することにしたいと思いました。 この大学が大好きです。 もし大学に入ることができたら一生懸命がんばって勉強したいと思います。そして悔いのない四年間を過ごしたいと思います。 ーーーーーー 以上です。 他に頼れる人もいなくて困っています。 どうかアドバイスをお願いします。