• 締切済み

簡単な英文なんですが・・・。

下記の英文を翻訳してみたのですが、合っているかどうか見てください。また、わからないものは×と表記しましたので意味を教えてください。 ちなみにAは地図上の場所と考えてください。 また、訳が似たものやわかりにくいものは図説していただけるとありがたいです。例えば2,3,6の違いなど・・・。 1. It's next to A. それはAの隣にある。 2. It's across from A. それはAの向かいにある。 3. It's facing A. それはAに面している。 4. It's between A and B. それはAとBの間にある。 5. It's in-between A and B. それはAとBの間にある。 6. It's in front of A. それはAの正面にある。 7.It's behind A. それはAの裏にある。 8. It's close to A. それはAの近くにある。 9. It's past A. それはAを過ぎたところにある。 10. It's before A. それはAの手前にある。 11. It's near A. それはAの近くにある。 12. It's right beside A. × 13. It's not far from A. それはAからそれほど遠くは無い。 14. It's around the corner from A. × 15. It's Carhie corner from A. × 16. It's kitty corner from A. × 17. It's opposite the corner with A. × 18. It's diagonal from A. × 19. It's the first building on your right. × 20. It's the last building on your right. ×

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

回答No.1

本当の回答からは、ずれてしまいますが、辞書をよみましたか?その前置詞のところをすべてよみましたか?このような基本的な用法ならば、間違いなく辞書にでているはずです。辞書を本当に活用できるようになるまでには、おおきな努力を要しますが、辞書が本当の意味で活用できるようになれば、まさに    鬼に金棒    です。がんばってください!!

ishikawaken
質問者

補足

なんとか調べたのですが、 14,15,16がどうしてもわかりません。 教えていただけないでしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• 英文を訳して下さい。

In 1908 Moltke began to alter the plans for operations on the left wing of the German armies to face France and allocated the XIV Corps for the protection of Upper Alsace and several Landwehr brigades for the security of the Upper Rhine. Subsequent plans added forces to the region and by 1909 the 7th Army had three corps and a reserve corps, with two corps from Wissembourg to Saverne and Strasbourg, one corps on the left of the Rhine from Colmar to Mulhouse and the reserve corps on the right bank of the Rhine. The 6th Army was to assemble between Metz and Sarrebourg in Lorraine, which massed eight corps on the left wing, which with fortress garrisons and Landwehr troops, changed the ratio of forces between the left and right wings from 7:1 to 3:1. Moltke added forces to the left wing after concluding that a French offensive into Alsace and Lorraine and particularly from Belfort had become certain. The 7th Army was to defeat an offensive in Alsace and cooperate with the 6th Army to defeat an offensive in Lorraine. After 1910, the 7th Army was to attack with the 6th Army, towards the Moselle below Frouard and the Meurthe; provision was also made for the movement of troops to the right wing of the German armies, by reserving trains and wagons in the region.

• 英文を訳して下さい。

On the western side of Gaza in the coastal sector, from their position across the Wadi Ghuzze at Tel el Ujul, the 53rd (Welsh) Division was to attack and capture Samson Ridge, a great sand dune halfway between the Wadi Ghuzzee and Gaza. Then they were to advance and capture the western Ottoman defences between Gaza and the Mediterranean Sea. Meanwhile, on the eastern side of Gaza, Eastern Attack's 52nd (Lowland) Division on the left was to attack Ali Muntar, including the Labyrinth and Green Hill. On their right the 54th (East Anglian) Division, with the Imperial Camel Brigade attached to broaden the infantry attack, was to advance north from Sheikh Abbas towards Kh Sihan and Kh. el Bir. Brigadier General S. F. Mott's 53rd (Welsh) Division began their advance from Tel el Ujul between the Mediterranean coast and the Rafa to Gaza road at 07:15 in extended order, moving across the sand hills fifteen minutes before the 52nd (Lowland) Division began to advance on their right. The 159th (Cheshire) Brigade on the left was to capture Sheikh Ajlin on the sea shore, while the 160th (Wales) Brigade on the right was to capture Sampson Ridge, each supported by one tank. They were to subsequently make contact with the 52nd (Lowland) Division on Ali Muntar in order to launch a joint attack from the Zowaiid trench in the west to the Romani trench on the Rafa to Gaza road. The 159th Brigade on the left advanced fairly well until it reached about 800 yards (730 m) from Sheikh Ajlin, where orders required it to wait for the capture of Samson Ridge, due to the possibility of exposing their right flank.

• 英文を訳して下さい。

The strong counterattacks suffered by Eastern Attack extended eastwards and, at 14:00, a large Ottoman force supported by artillery was attacking along the whole front held by the Imperial Mounted Division. The 3rd and 4th Light Horse Brigades were pushed back some distance, suffering numerous casualties, while the 6th Mounted Brigade in reserve was sent to reinforce the line. One regiment filled a gap which had developed between the 3rd and 4th Light Horse Brigades, while two regiments reinforced the 5th Mounted Brigade, supported by fire from the 263rd Brigade RFA. Together they held the Ottoman counterattack and no further ground was lost before nightfall put an end to the fighting. While the 22nd Mounted Brigade (Anzac Mounted Division) in reserve moved to Tel el Fara on the Wadi Ghuzzee, 4 miles (6.4 km) south of Hiseia, to cover the right of the Imperial Mounted Division and guard engineers developing water wells in the area, the 1st Light Horse Brigade was ordered to make a dismounted attack towards Hareira on the extreme right of the battle line. Before noon, the 1st Light Horse Brigade had advanced to occupy Baiket es Sana. In the afternoon, while the Ottoman counterattacked the Eastern Force and the Imperial Mounted Division, on their left a hostile force marched out from Hareira to counterattack the 1st Light Horse Brigade. The light horsemen were also attacked on their flank by a regiment of the Ottoman 3rd Cavalry Division from Tel esh Sheria. They advanced to the attack between the Wadis esh Sheria and Imleih.

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

Lukin ordered an attack from the south-west corner of the wood on a battalion front, with the 2nd Battalion forward, the 3rd Battalion in support and the 4th Battalion in reserve. The three battalions moved forward from Montauban before first light, under command of Lieutenant–Colonel W. E. C. Tanner of the 2nd Battalion. On the approach, Tanner received instructions to detach two companies to the 26th Brigade in Longueval and sent B and C companies of the 4th Battalion. The 2nd Battalion reached a trench occupied by the 5th Camerons, which ran parallel to the wood and used this as a jumping-off line for the attack at 6:00 a.m.

• 英文を添削してください

1. It's interesting that pizza is different between in Japan and in the US. I wonder if McDonalds' menu is somehow different as well between the two. 言いたい事は、 「アメリカと日本でpizzaがこうも違うなんて面白いなぁ。もしかしたらアメリカと日本ではマクドナルドのメニューもいくらか違うのかな。」 ※ is different between in っていうところと、最後の between the two が何か不自然じゃないかと思うのですが、どうでしょうか? 2. I'm hooked on Antquarium recently. It's kind of an aquarium of a glass box stuffed with blue gel in which a couple of ants live and build a nest by digging into it. It's an Italian-made. Do you have something like that in the US? 言いたい事は、 「最近 antquarium っていうのにハマってます。glass boxの中にblue gelがつまったもので、そのgelの上に蟻を数匹放して彼らが巣を堀り進む様子を見るものです。これイタリア製なんだけど、アメリカにもあるのかな?」 ※ I'm hooked on ~ recently って不自然じゃないですか? どなたか、添削よろしくお願いいたします m(_ _)m

• 英文の邦訳をお願いします。

As one executive told Useem (1984:47–48): You’re damn right it’s helpful to be on several boards. It extends the range of your network and acquaintances, and your experience. That’s why you go on a board, to get something as well as give… It just broadens your experience, the memory bank that you have to test things against. 上記英文の邦訳をお願い致します。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

These two divisions, with the 74th (Yeomanry) Division in reserve, would advance east of the Es Sire Ridge with the 53rd (Welsh) Division, advancing between the Rafa to Gaza road and the Mediterranean coast. They would subsequently entrench and wire their new forward line, stretching from Tel el Ujul on the Mediterranean shore to Es Sir Ridge, along the Manusra Ridge to Sheikh Abbas, where an infantry brigade would strengthen the defences. This attack was to be covered by the Desert Column, operating to the east and southeast to stop reinforcements, moving from Hareira and Tel esh Sheria, from reinforcing Gaza. Secondly, as soon as preparations were complete and allowing at least one clear day between the two stages, the 52nd (Lowland), the 53rd (Welsh), and the 54th (East Anglian) Divisions, supported by the Imperial Camel Brigade, were to launch the main attack on Gaza from the south, southwest, and southeast. The 74th (Yeomanry) Division would form the reserve, while their right flank was protected by Desert Column. The Column was to "protect the right of the infantry from an advance by the enemy in and beyond the entrenchments at Atawineh and Hareira on the Gaza to Beersheba road." They also had orders to exploit an infantry breakthrough and attack Hareira on the extreme right, and they carried rations for the next day along with an iron ration. According to Falls, "Some subordinate commanders" suggested a concentrated infantry attack in depth on the coastal side of Gaza, "offered far more favourable opportunities" for an infantry attack.

• つたない英文ですが....

以下の内容を手紙で送ろうと思います。 お恥ずかしながら英語は苦手です^^; 添削、助言をお願い致します。 +++++++++++++++ おかえりなさい! 私も暑い東京を抜け出してあなたの家に行きたいです。 あなたにプレゼントがあります。 近所のオルゴール博物館で買いました。 あなたの故郷の曲ですね。 昔から好きな曲です。 でも初めて歌詞を見ましたが、切ない歌詞ですね。 そしてとっても古い曲です。 気に入ってくれると嬉しいな。 -------------------------- Dear** Welcome back to your sweet home! I get away from Tokyo and want to go to your home! I have a present for you. I bought it in a neighboring music box Museum. It's the music of your hometown. It's favorite music since I was young. But I watched a text for the first time,It's feel sad. And very old song!! I hope you'll like it. ****************************************** 暑い東京からはHot Tokyoでは変ですか? IとかIt'sばかりが続いてしまい、見づらい気がしています。 ちなみに病気をして家に帰ってくるらしいので 大げさにWelcome back to your sweet home!にしてみましたが 通じますか.....? よろしくお願い致します。

• この英文を和訳してください。

アメリカの友人からメールが届きました。 すみませんが、和訳をお願いします。 ah my friend. a time that is bitter / sweet. bitter for your country / sweet for you to be passing from one time in your life to another. I pray that your time of celebration goes well and that you are able to enjoy yourself. I chear you on for your desire to help in relief work by volunteering. I will pray for your safety and that you might be a big help and comfort to many of the people. Please keep me up to date on your activities.

• 英文和訳を手伝ってください

There's a big difference between knowing your way round Facebook and being a computer science hotshot. (Bear in mind that the lowest age-groups here shouldn't even have a Facebook account.) And it's another big leap to being at home in the world of backdoor Trojans and buffer overflows とくにうしろの一文がちょっとよくわかりません。homeは誰のホームでしょう? ウィルスのホームグラウンドに身を置くということでしょうか?訳文お願いします。。.