• ベストアンサー

英文を添削してください

1. It's interesting that pizza is different between in Japan and in the US. I wonder if McDonalds' menu is somehow different as well between the two. 言いたい事は、 「アメリカと日本でpizzaがこうも違うなんて面白いなぁ。もしかしたらアメリカと日本ではマクドナルドのメニューもいくらか違うのかな。」 ※ is different between in っていうところと、最後の between the two が何か不自然じゃないかと思うのですが、どうでしょうか? 2. I'm hooked on Antquarium recently. It's kind of an aquarium of a glass box stuffed with blue gel in which a couple of ants live and build a nest by digging into it. It's an Italian-made. Do you have something like that in the US? 言いたい事は、 「最近 antquarium っていうのにハマってます。glass boxの中にblue gelがつまったもので、そのgelの上に蟻を数匹放して彼らが巣を堀り進む様子を見るものです。これイタリア製なんだけど、アメリカにもあるのかな?」 ※ I'm hooked on ~ recently って不自然じゃないですか? どなたか、添削よろしくお願いいたします m(_ _)m

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

1)何も不自然ではありません。in Japanとin the USの2つのことを比べているのですから。またbetween the twoのthe twoはpizza in Japanとpizza in the USと考えれば良いのではないでしょうか。 2)確かにrecently「最近」というのと現在形は合いにくいと言われることも多いです。I've been hookedのほうが良いかと思われます。

suigin27
質問者

お礼

1)そうですか、安心いたしました! 2)なるほど、I've been hookedですね、ぜひこれを使わせていただきます。 どうもありがとうございました (^^)

その他の回答 (1)

• hakkoichiu
  • ベストアンサー率21% (250/1139)
回答No.2

少し主旨が外れていますが、 日本でハンバーガーと言いますが米国では日本で言うホットドッグのことと聞いたことがあります。

suigin27
質問者

お礼

え、そうなんですか、それは初めて聞きました。こういうのを知らないと向こうの方との会話が混乱するんですよね~ (^^;) 教えてくださってどうもありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 英文の添削をお願いします!

1)The typhoon blew the roof off the house. =The house had the roof (b ) off ( ) the typhoon. 2)You must show us all the tickets. =All the tickets ( ) ( ) ( ) to us. 3)He has recently been laid off by the company. =The company ( ) recently ( ) ( ) off. 4)People think that Ichiro is a great baseball player. =(It) (is) (said) that Ichiro is a great baseball player. =Ichiro (is) (thought) (to) be a great baseball player. 5)Everybody in this community knows her name. =Her name (is) (known) (in) everybody in this community. ()内の添削をお願いします。 英訳や解説を加えてくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

The cycle ends Other things equal, the death of an old person disturbs us less than the death of a young person, apparently because early death is considered somehow unfair (Kastenbaum, 1975; Roth, 1977). The word death refers to both an event-dying-and the result of this event. It is difficult to distinguish between clinical death and biological death. Clinical death is defined by the absence of vital sings, but after the disappearance of vital sings some biological structures continue to function for an appreciable length of time, and different structures continue to “live” for different lengths of time. Biological death varies, in other words, for different structures in the body. Brain cells are among the first to die when oxygen in the blood is depleted, either because the blood is not oxygenated (as in drowning) or because the blood is not circulated (as in heart failure). Presumably, the mind ceases to function when the brain cells die, although this presumption is challenged in some religions. お願いします。

• 英文の添削をお願いします

日本語にあわせて英文を作成したのですが、添削をお願いしたいです。 1.予想範囲はどれくらいですか? How is sphere in specification? 2.保険をかける take out insurance 3.1週間のうち、2~3日はお酒を飲みます I drink a cup of alchol two or three days in an week. 4.あなたが嫌がらせをうけるのはかなりの要因があります You are harrasment from they is a number of factors. よろしくお願いします。

• 下記の英文について教えてください

I am, actually. The essence of the African American experience is we’re hybrid people, because the concept of race in America is not just genetic; it’s cultural. It’s this notion of a people who look different than the mainstream, suffering discrimination and for many decades terrible oppression, but somehow being able to make out of that a music and a language and a faith and a patriotism and a belief in this project we call America that is unique. It’s this notion からの意味を教えてください。また、最後の関係代名詞の先行詞は何になりますか? オバマ元大統領のインタビューでの発言です。半分白人であるオバマ氏がアフリカ系アメリカ人と描写されることに納得はいきますか、という質問への答えです。よろしくお願いします。

• 英文添削をお願いします!

英文添削をお願いします!教えて頂きたく、またお邪魔します。  このカードは順番に並んでいる。 These cards are put in order. 私はその学校でただ1人の英語を話す生徒だった。 I was the student who speaks only one person's English in the school. 私はぜんぜん違う所を予習していた。 I've prepared entirely other subject. // I've prepared my lesson about completely different part. あなたの教え方が好きです。 I like your method of teaching.// I like your teaching style. 血液型で性格を判断するのは日本独特のことだと思う I think that it's distinctive[unique] to Japan to judge character in a blood type.

• 英文添削をお願いします。

英文添削をお願いします。 28th September ‘10 I considered to make good use of an unused ground today. This work is enjoyable for me, but I think whether it is necessary for our project or not. And I have a question whether all of my bosses have same aim or not. I think it’s not important for me whether the plan will be used or not, it’s important to make my bosses understand my aim. But I am worried whether it makes them change their though or not.

• 添削

添削をお願いします。 よろしくお願いします。 日本とアメリカの考え方や習慣は違うように見えるが、実は、それ程大きな差はない。 Ways of thinking and customs of American and Japanese seem to be very different ,but in fact,there is less difference between the two than we expected. バイオテクノロジーは生命の根幹に関わる科学であり、次世代に与える影響は計り知れない。 どんな優れたものもそうであるように、その社会への是非を決めるのは利用の仕方にかかっている。 Biotechnology is science which has something to do with a basis of life,having a tremendous impact on the next generation. As of other good things,it is the way of using it that determines between right and wrong for society. 英語のエッセイの授業で身近な題材に対して論文を書くように学生に求めたら、蚊をつつましやかな生き物である、と展開して見せた学生がかつていた。 みんなに嫌がられているものを逆から記述して見せたのである。 文章を書くときはユーモア、つまり、対象に対する視点が大切であることを教えている。 When I asked my students to write an English essay about familiar subject once ,there was one of them who wrote an idea that the mosquit is a very humble insect. He interpreted its disadvantages as its advantages. I taught them what matters when writing a sentence is a sense of humor,that is,the way of interpretation on a subject.

• 英文の添削をお願いします。よろしくお願いします。

Unfortunately,I was robbed of my pleasure recently. I had my favorite view that was precious thing to me. The view is the sea that was able to see from the road in front of my house. I arrived at my house while always seeing the sea in the front. But a new house is built there pretty soon. I'm sure they will be enjoy the view and I'll be worry about scenery disappear little by little. 残念なことに私の楽しみが奪われました。 私には大切な景色があります。その景色は私の家の前の道から見える海です。 私はいつも正面に海を見ながら家に辿り着きます。しかし、まもなくそこには家が建ちます。 きっと彼らはその景色を楽しむでしょう、そして私は少しずつ消えていく風景に悩まされるでしょう。

• シカゴの感想を添削

お願いいたします I visited to Chicago. It's a sister city Osaka. There are a lot of museum I like it. I went for sightseeing to Frank Lloyd Wright House in Okupeak. Also,I went Museum of Sciene and Industry where we watch Apollo 8 and take the U -505 submarine on board tour. There is Sue in Field Museum of Natural HIstory is very famous. It's Tyranno saurus rex fossil remains that is biggest and complete in the world. I took part in guided tour there it was intersting but I listened it difficult becouse it's English. I alway go to the are museum. Of coures visited the art of Institue of Chicago. It's 3 biggest Museum if US. I had enjoying a long time there. There are a lot of events in Chicago becouse many country people live in . Oh , I love most pake is lincoln park. Zoo in there is free therefor many animals so enjoying. I recomed there and tell me what you think if you go there.

• betweenとamong

We shared the pizza between the four of us. この文は何故amongではなく、betweenを用いているのでしょうか?