• ベストアンサー

聖書の動詞の用法について

He said to them, How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him 'Lord'? イエスは言われた、「それではどうして、ダビデが御霊に感じてキリストを主と呼んでいるのか。 For he says, 'The Lord said to my Lord: Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet. ' すなわち『主はわが主に仰せになった、あなたの敵をあなたの足もとに置くときまでは、わたしの右に座していなさい』。 If then David calls him 'Lord,' how can he be his son?" このように、ダビデ自身がキリストを主と呼んでいるなら、キリストはどうしてダビデの子であろうか」。 以上はNew International Versionマタイ伝22章43-45節の記述ですが、43節の「calls him 'Lord'?」、44節の「For he says」、45節の「If then David calls him」の3動詞は何故過去形ではなく現在形が使われているのでしょうか。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#122289
noname#122289
回答No.1

新約聖書の原典のギリシャ語から翻訳する際、元の文のニュアンスを残そうとした結果だと考えられます。 ギリシャ語では、意味上は過去のところに現在形を使う場合があります。英訳で現在形になっているのは、翻訳に際して元の現在形を直訳したためです。 ギリシャ語文法の用語で「歴史的現在(historical present)」と呼ばれる用法です。過去のことを表すのに動詞のアオリストや未完了過去を用いる代わりに現在形を使用して、描写を生き生きとした劇的なものにする効果があるとされています。

fanzhao
質問者

お礼

nakanonanako様、Kogomi様 分かりやすい、明解な説明有り難うございました。納得いたしました。 また宜しくお願い致します。

その他の回答 (1)

• kogomi
  • ベストアンサー率38% (31/80)
回答No.2

英語の直接的な答えになっていないのですが、ギリシャ語が現在形になっているからです。なので、言語から忠実に訳されるなら現在形になります。でも過去形のほうが正しいのではないのか?と思われるかも知れませんが、聖書は訳者の私的解釈によって訳されていないからです。

関連するQ&A

• 使役動詞

For instance, we were with his friend, and the friend said he hasn't done laundry since the day he got married. My boyfriend then announced that he never did laundry until he got divorced. I said, "Well, aren't you doing your own laundry now?" His reply was, "I've got my daughter doing it." I've got my daughter doing it.はI've gotの代わりにI haveと言うとdoingではなくdoですよね?なぜなのでしょうか?I get my daughter to do it.はより口語的、という理解で良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 訳お願いします

He's mad, but he's not stupid. I'll leave him now, and send my daughter to him. My Lord, I must go now. Goodbay. Stupid old man! My dearest Lord! My dear friends, how are you both? What brings you to Elsinore? We came to visit you, my Lord. Was this your idea, or did someone ask you to come? What do you mean, my Lord? The King and Queen wrote to you, didn't they? Yes, my Lord. And I can tell you why. During the last few days, I've felt very strange. The world has lost all meaning. Nothing seems beautiful. Men can't please me and women can't either. My Lord, we didn't know. お願いいたします。

• 和訳お願い致します;

You were wrong to believe me.I didn't love you. Then I was wrong. Give your life to God. You mustn't mix with men or be the mother of their children. Men lie. Believe none of us. Give your life to Gnd and work for the Church. Where's your father? At home,my Lord. Look him in. Then no one will see how stupid he is Goodbye. Oh,help him,dear,sweet Heaven!Go to a church!Go now! Or if you have to marry, marry a stupi man. Wise men understand too well how women can lie to them.To the churchーgo now! Please,God,make him well! お願い致します

• よろしくお願いします

I'm dating a guy who works out of town and is home every four weeks. "Jake" calls and texts often and says he misses me all the time. Here's what bothers me: Jake always asks me how I feel about him. He says, "Do you even like me?" I think it's because I don't drop everything when he calls like the other women he has dated. drop everythingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• What節の用法について

What節の用法について what節を勉強しているのですが、 what節が名詞節において、主語・目的語・補語になる例文が 教材に記載されていました。 whatが代わりに担当する箇所が☆印になっていたのですが、 実際にはどんな単語が入るか教えていただきたいです。 whatが主語になる例 what (☆) made the scenery second to none were the paddy field. (風景を比類なきものにしたのは水田であった) whatが目的語になる例 Tring to impressothers with what he calls (☆) him extensive knowledge of oriental cuisine. (東洋料理についての博学ぶりで人を感心させようとしている) whatが補語になる例 I owe what I am (☆) today to my wonderfull staff. (今日の私があるのは、すばらしいスタッフのおかげです) 主語になる例は、it じゃないかと思うのですが、 目的語と補語は全くわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• Like we care.

I just found out that my brother, who I thought was in graduate school studying to be a teacher, is actually working as a prison guard. I'm the only one in the family who knows. When I phoned him to get the details, he told me that he'd quit school after one semester because he never really wanted to be a teacher. He said our parents bullied him into graduate school when he had trouble finding work after his college graduation. Prison guard was the first job he could get. I asked him why he is leading this double life. He said our parents told him that graduate school was "not negotiable." So he figures they can live with their delusions. At family dinners, Mom and Dad ask him about school, and he says, "Fine, but dull." Then they drone on and on about the importance of attending school since he couldn't find a job, and our grandfather makes a point of telling him how easy he has it compared to serving in Korea. Like we care. If they don't want to hear what my brother says, they shouldn't ask. Like we care.はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英訳聖書の一節について

聖書に次の一文があります。 (Exodus 19:5) And now if YOU will strictly obey my voice and will indeed keep my covenant, then YOU will certainly become my special property out of all [other] peoples, because the whole earth belongs to me. 文法一般はそれなりには理解しているつもりです。 ここで用いられている、条件を表わす副詞節if~willについて文法的説明をお願いいたします。

• 話法の問題教えてください

話法の問題教えてください 1 話法を書き換え   She asked me if I was sure I would get a letter from judy.    → She said to him , " Why (              ) me the truth?" 2 (1)直接話法(2)間接話法  2-1彼は私に「どれが一番良いプランだと思いますか。と言った    (1) He said to me,"Which (               )?"    (2) He asked to me (                  ). 2-2私は彼に「バスで行くのですか、それともタクシーで行くのですか。」と言った    (1) I said to him,"(    )you go by bus or by taxi?"    (2) I asked him if he (         )by busor by taxi.  2-3「どこで髪を切ってもらったの?」とミキは私に尋ねた    (2) Miki asked me where (             ) my hair cut. よろしくお願いします

• 動詞のguilt

My ex and I broke up almost a year ago and I’m still hurting from it, because I caused it. I would guilt him over everything—bringing up things he said or did years ago that still hurt me, getting jealous when he had something I didn’t—anything and everything. When I didn’t guilt him, he would guilt himself, and this went on for five years straight. 動詞のguiltはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 書き換えの問題で

各組の文が同じ意味になるように英語を完成させよ (1) I said to him, "Are you leaving now?" ↓ I asked him is he was leaving then. という書き換えの問題なのですがなぜsaidがaskedに変わっていて him以下がisから始まっているのかわからないのですがどうしてでしょうか?