• ベストアンサー

英訳聖書の一節について

聖書に次の一文があります。 (Exodus 19:5) And now if YOU will strictly obey my voice and will indeed keep my covenant, then YOU will certainly become my special property out of all [other] peoples, because the whole earth belongs to me. 文法一般はそれなりには理解しているつもりです。 ここで用いられている、条件を表わす副詞節if~willについて文法的説明をお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

なぜ if YOU strictly obey my voice ... ではないのか、ということが疑問である、という趣旨のご質問でしょうか? この文は条件文ですが、if 節になぜ will が用いられているのか? これは 「主語の意志」 を表しているからだと思います。 手元の辞書の例文を示しますと、  If he'll listen to me, I'll give him some advice. (彼に聞く気があるのならば忠告しよう)  If you will just wait here, I'll be with you in a minute. (ここで少し待っていただけるのであれば、すぐに戻りますが) この will は will (意志) を表していると見ることが出来ると思います。

politeness
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 このような形の文に何度か接したことがありますが、ご説明で納得できました。 日本人ですので、文法的にも納得したいと思って質問させていただきました。 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 至急です(>_<)翻訳してくださいm(_)m

Hehe you will become likening it cus if not I will be sad;( just think of my child picture and think how sad little me will be if you don't:(←翻訳してくださいm(__)m

• 先行詞や指示語がちょっとこの文ではわかりません・・。

こんにちは。比較的優しい英語で書かれたラブコメ小説を読んでいます。ここで質問です: 男性が、ガールフレンドへ、「今度の旅行で、マッサージしてあげるよ」という内容のちょっとエッチなeメールを書いています。 "As I massage you I will kiss you and lick you and put my fingers gently in places it belongs and maybe even doesn't belong." とあります。1)in places以降の文法は正しいのですか?2)placesの後ろのitはなんなんだろう。 3)maybe以降の文法は正しいのですか? 以上三点です。英語を真に理解している人から見たら何を言っているのじゃと思われるかもしれませんが・・・どうぞやさしく教えてくださると助かります!

• 英訳をお願いします

What you have to learn, if you are to be a good citizen of the world, is that though you will certainly dislike many of your neighbours , and differ from some of them so strongly that you could not possibly live in the same house with them, that does not give you the smallest right to injure them or even to be personally uncivil to them.

• 英訳お願いいたします!

英訳お願いいたします! Did I wake you up on your free day? I hope not :) I'm almost back to my old self again. The 5th of December? Oh that's nice to know. Now I can start thinking and planning what we can do. Thank you for making such a big effort take a long holiday and to come all the way here to Belgium. Maybe if you tell them you will be in good hands ... they will really get worried ... hahaha No seriously I will try to make a big effort as well to make this a very nice and special holiday ... you. A special holiday for a special person. You will have the chance to eat everything my country has to offer. I am a little bit concerned about your weight though ... please don't think about that when you're here ... if you need to go on a diet please wait until you're back in Japan :) If possible I would like to see a happy 〇〇 ... and I will try very hard to make that happen ... Oh I took the liberty of looking for some flight for you.

• if you tickle me I will l

if you tickle me I will lose control of my body and my body will make you paypic. paypicってどういう意味ですか?

• 英訳をお願いします。

以下の分の英訳をお願いします。 I have bought a lot of times items from China.. but it never took so much time. The shipping cannot takes more than 5 weeks. It's really strange and the problem it is also that in april I cannot give you a feedback, because in ebay if you don't give a feedback in 2months and a half, the item is took away from the account. So I will give you a feedback at the beginning of March. And if the item will arrive it will be ok, if not we will discuss for the refund. I hope you understand.

• if you like について

I think this problem of holding on to valuable employees and keeping the headhunters at bay, if you like, I think the problem will undoubtedly become more serious in the future in Japan. ここでの "if you like" は "if you please" や "if you will"に言い換え可能でしょうか。

• 英訳お願いします

I'm currently learning about words like これ、それ、あれ、どれ to make my own sentences but I need practice :). Maybe you can tell me to say something and I will try my best to and you can fix my mistakes? 友人からのメールです。 Maybe以下の文意がいまいち分からないのですが、これは友人が書いた日本語を添削してほしいと言っているだけなのでしょうか?それとも、私も何か書いてほしいのでしょうか、、、、どなたかお願いします。

• 英訳がわかりません。

海外のサイトから商品を購入しているのですが、以下の英訳が分かりません。 「  以下の条件からwigを作成していただけないでしょうか。  もしテンプレートが作れないほどアンバランスでしたら、もう一度作り直して郵送します。  商品に関して、責任は私が持ちます。 」 ちなみに、以下のような英訳を自分でつくりました。 「  Could you make the wig as this specific? If my template is too unbalanced for you to make the wig , Again I will make it and send it. About your product that you will send I have responsibility. 」

• 英訳 あなたは太陽

いつもありがとうございます。 下記の英訳をお願いできますでしょうか。かなりレベルの低い英作文を作り、わからない表現を日本語にしてみました。添削、もしくは一から作成などご教授いただけると助かります。 和文; あなたは、太陽 私は、ひまわり🌻 キラキラ輝く あなただけを見て 一生懸命咲いてるの。 あなたが悲しくて曇ったら、きっと私は 冴えない花になってしまう。 いつもキラキラ輝く笑顔でいてね。 私も あなたのために 背筋伸ばして、ニコニコ笑って咲いているから🌻 英訳; You're sun. I'm sunflower. Seeing only you are shining, I'm blossoming 一生懸命. If you are sad and cloudy, きっとI would become 冴えないflower. Please keep your shining smile always. Because I'm also straight my backbone for you and I'm smiling and blossoming. 以上 よろしくお願いいたします(._.)