• 締切済み

if you like について

I think this problem of holding on to valuable employees and keeping the headhunters at bay, if you like, I think the problem will undoubtedly become more serious in the future in Japan. ここでの "if you like" は "if you please" や "if you will"に言い換え可能でしょうか。

noname#17724
noname#17724
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• akdawn
  • ベストアンサー率48% (37/77)
回答No.1

if you willなら同じ意味で言い換えられると思います。 「いうなれば」とか「いってみれば」の意味です。 if you pleaseはなにか頼みごとを丁寧にするときに使われる表現だと思います。

関連するQ&A

• I'm intersted in youと、I like you

外国人の友達から、you are very sweet girl. I hope you will like me some day と言われました。これは 俺のことをこのんでくれたらいいなぁという感じでしょうか? あと、I'm intersted in youと、I like youはどちらが相手にひかれてる感じですか? 

• 英語 if you will be ?

8月1から10は日本にいる? もしいるんだったら、一緒に遊びたい。 Will you be in Japan from August 1 to 10? I hope I can hang out with you, if you are there. if you are there. か if you will be there. のどちらが正しいのでしょか? もしくは、両方可能なのでしょうか?

• Do you think if …

Do you think if … 今月の終わりまでに(私が)その仕事を終えることができると思いますか?を英訳すると Do you think I can finish the work by the end of this month? ですが、 Do you think if I can finish … と if を入れても可能でしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• if you will ってどんな意味?

アメリカ人が、頻繁に if you will と言う表現を会話の中で話します。今一、意味がわかりません。どなたか教えていただけませんでしょうか? http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/if+you+will.html には、 'If you will' is used as a way of making a concession in a sentence: He wasn't a very honest person, a liar if you will. Here, it is used a way of accepting that the reader or listener might think of the person as a liar, but without commit the writer or speaker to that position fully. と説明されています。 そうすると「君たちもそう思うんじゃないかと思うけど」みたいなニュアンスになるかと思うのですが、 その他の説明として、 1. If you will February 11, 2011 Urban Word of the Day 1. An phrase overused by those trying to sound sophisticated and/or intelligent. 2. A phrase used frequently by Tobias Bluth from Arrested Development. Tobias: You could say I'm, if you will, 'buy curious' Man: I can "sprinkle the pudding" if you will. これは、「あなたが望むなら」に聞こえます。 2. if you will an overused saying, that asks for your permission to say something differently than expected, usually because the person speaking is illiterate and can't think of the correct way of saying it. The weatherman said that a catagory 5 hurricane named Debbie, a big ass storm, if you will, would be hitting New York City this week. これは、if you will forgive meって感じですね。「こんな言い方してごめんなさい。」と補足している感じですね。 3. if you will A phrase used to excuse the lack for a better word and/or kill any awkward tension in the air after mentioning something mildly aggressive or sexual. She used... a gargantuan amount of force on him, if you will. これも、if you will forgive meって感じですね。「こんな言い方してごめんなさい。」と補足している感じですね。 結局、willの使い方がよくわかりません。後ろに何か省略されているのか、意志としての意味が強いのか、もやもやしています。 どなたか教えていただけませんでしょうか?

• if 節

英語学習初級レベルの為詳しい解説頂けますと 助かります。 宜しくお願いします。 Ifで混乱しています・・・。 2.3.4のifの使い方は理解できるのですが 1のifがcoludやcan,willこれは もしすることができたらあなたのしたいことを知れると思いますか? 1.Do you think if you could see all choices you can make, you will know what you want to do? 2.If it is fine tomorrow, we will go a picnic. 3.If I had studied English properly in high school, I would've been fluent by now. 4.If I had enough money, I would buy a new car. 1なのですが 文章の言いたいことは理解できるのですが 2.3.4のような作りとは違い、1つの文章にcould、can、willがでてきており 混乱してしまいました。 1の解説お願いします。

• If...wouldについての考察

ある文法書に If you go,I'll go. 「(君が行く意思があるかどうかわからないが)君が行くなら僕も行くよ」 に対比させて If you will go,I'll go.「君が行くつもり(行く[意思]があるなら)なら僕も行くよ」 willを強く読めば「どうしても行くと言うなら」という[固執]の意味になる。 If...willは相手の意思に気を使うので「ていねい」な依頼の表現になり、wouldを使えばさらにていねいになる。 例)If you would come this way,I'll take you to the restaurant.(=Please come this way.) 「こちらにいらしてくださればレストランまでお供します」(=こちらにいらしてください) ある英英文法書にも 一般的にif...wouldは使わないとあり But you can use "if ...would" when you ask somebody to do something:(from a formal letter) I would be grateful if you would let me know your decision as soon as possible. 他書籍にも、I would like some coffee.=If it wouldn't be a problem,I would like some coffee. とありIf... wouldは丁寧表現なんだとわかりましたが、willの「固執」の意味を残してif...wouldを「どうしても~されるというなら」という意味合いは出せないのでしょうか??

• I do not like to lose you

タイトルの I do not like to lose you. と I do not think that I would like to lose you. は似たような意味だとは思うのですが、違うとしたら、どう違うのでしょう? 後者は何故 think を使ったのでしょう? 失いたくない気持ちはどちらが強いのか、差があるのでしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。

• 至急です(>_<)翻訳してくださいm(_)m

Hehe you will become likening it cus if not I will be sad;( just think of my child picture and think how sad little me will be if you don't:(←翻訳してくださいm(__)m

• if構文について

if 構文の使い方に悩まされています。基本的な文法は一応知っているつもりなんですが、いざ使ってみる(特にmix condition)といろいろと迷ってしまいます。 condition 0 when (if) i get to Japane, i go shopping condition1 if it rains tomorrow, i will stay at home condition2 if i were you, i would breake up with your girlfriend condition3 if i had have a lot of money, i would not have work hard. mix condition if i had been bone in America, i would be able to speak Eng like netives. if がwhenに置き換えられる時は"will"は必要ないと教わりましたが、when i get to japan, i will go shoppingというふにwillを使うことはできないのでしょうか?またif it rains, I would stay at homeとか、if i had been bone in America, i would be able to speak Eng like netivesも"i would be able to speak Eng like netives"の部分をi would have been able to speak ...と置き換えてもいいんでしょうか?また、このif 構文のうまい理解の仕方はありますか?if の持つニュアンスが掴めればいいのですが,,,

• if that will do.

Miss Finch, crowded though my calendar is with appointments, I think I can fit you in right now for fifteen or twenty minutes, if that will do. この一文の後半のif that will doのthatは何を指しているのでしょうか。もしくは、if that will do.で一種の成句表現でしょうか。