• ベストアンサー

英訳を助けてください

以下のような事を英語で言いたいのですが… はい、今までたくさんの物語を書いてきました、映画脚本家になるのが私の夢なので。私の弱点は恋愛ものを書けないところです。求められればたいてい何でも書いてしまうんですが、恋愛ものだけはいくらがんばっても駄目、恥ずかしくて書けないです。 あなたが今どんな本を書くつもりでいるのかとても興味があります。フィクション? それともノンフィクション? Yes, I have written many stories, as it is my dream to become a film script writer. My weak point is that I can't write love stories. I can write almost anything required, (でも恋愛ものだけはいくらがんばっても駄目、恥ずかしくて書けないです). I'm really interested in what kind of book you are going to write. Is it a fiction, or a nonfiction? カッコ内の日本語は、がんばってみたんですがどうしてもまともに訳せませんでした。どなたか、添削も含め、知恵を貸していただけないでしょうか、どうかお願いいたします!

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • fry3000
  • ベストアンサー率55% (41/74)
回答No.2

My only weakness is love stories. I can write almost anything anyone asks of me, but no matter how hard I try, I can't write love stories. I just find it too embarrassing. でどうでしょうか。 (「求められれば」がrequiredと訳されていましたが、もし仕事などで必要であるということであればrequiredといえますがもしかしてただ要望に応じて、という意味かもしれないと思って変えてみました。 もし仕事で必要であるということであればrequiredより I can write any type of story that is needed I can write anything that's demanded of me などの方が英語としては自然かなと思います。

no9tm
質問者

お礼

only weaknessという言い方もあるんですね、これは使えますね。requiredの部分、実は自信がなかったんです。良い訳を三通りも教えてくださりありがとうございました、状況に応じて使い分けさせていただきます! 問題の空白部分も原文に近くかつ自然な言い回しにしてくださりありがとうございます、本当に助かりました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (3)

• enna2005
  • ベストアンサー率40% (333/819)
回答No.4

他の方たちとはちょっと違う感じですが・・・ but when it comes to love stories, my(またはthe) shyness gets the best of me. 「でも恋愛モノとなると羞恥心に負けてしまって・・・」 のような感じになります。あまり否定的にしたくないならら"NO”の文字を入れずに、と思ったので。

no9tm
質問者

お礼

この訳はとてもありがたいです! というのも、相手の作家さん(作家なんです)はもしかしたら次に恋愛ものを書こうとしているかもしれないですからね、、もしそうなら、恋愛ものを否定してしまうような言い方は失礼に聞こえるかもしれないですもんね。enna2005さんの訳なら相手の気分を害することは絶対にないですね。 ぜひ使わせていただきます、どうもありがとうございました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • ohboy729
  • ベストアンサー率41% (244/589)
回答No.3

似た表現でこういうのもあると思います。 But I can't handle love stories well no matter how hard I try , because I become oversensitive( when writing that kind ) . handle : 取り扱う、何とかこなす oversensitive : 過敏な、意識過剰な love stories を boy-meets-girl stories としても面白いかも。

no9tm
質問者

お礼

handleもoversensitiveもまったく思い浮かびませんでした。こういう場面で使えるんですね、勉強になります!! boy-meets-girl storiesもよいですね、この方が「恋愛もの」って感じがしますね。ありがとうございました!!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • Ryou29
  • ベストアンサー率11% (28/238)
回答No.1

However I can hardly writte love stories because it is shameful for me. 参考になりますか。。

no9tm
質問者

お礼

はい、参考にさせていただきます、どうもありがとうございました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I’ve been publishing my writing for some time now, and lately my words have caught the attention of a writing/editing mentor (15 years my senior) who is very interested in my “story” and wants to help me write a book. Small problem: I had a yearlong affair with her husband, and I’m afraid she’s going to figure me out. Is it possible to entertain her interest without outing myself? 最後のセンテンスの和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英語について。

次の問題を正しい順序に並べかえる。 (1)(my/famous/soccer/become/to/a/player/is/dream) (2)(drink/have/I/to/something/can) [1]My dream is to become a famous soccer player. [2]I can have something to drink. これでいいのか回答お願いします。

• 英訳お願いします。

You're going to be proud of me, Marcie. Guess what I have in my lunch...an apple! Where is it? I know I put it in here this morning.. Here it is..underneath all the doughnuts. この訳がうまく出来ないのでお願いします。 あと、 This is perfect. I'll just lie here just in front of our mailbox and watch all of my valentines come in.. I'm surprised that no one else has thought of doing this.. このストーリーの訳もお願いします。

• 外国人の友達に英語で日本語について聞かれました!なんて訳し、なんて英語

外国人の友達に英語で日本語について聞かれました!なんて訳し、なんて英語で返答すればいいのでしょうか?みなさんのお知恵をおかしくださいm(_ _)m When is it right to use "boku" and when is it right to use "watashi"? Is is true that watashi is more formal? Or is watashi is to be used my females? I tried to look up the answer online

• 日本語訳

神のみぞ知る世界のopの歌詞を日本語訳にしてください! What I'm seeing......Is it real? What I'm feeling......Is it real? What I'm doing......Is it real? There is no regrets, satisfy my curiosities There is a new world waiting, explore my possibilities There is no guarantee, just improve my abilities <Go ahead with your own life Is there any hope in your sight?> There is a choice to make, setting the right priorities <You will always be the one, so feel the power And you should know the sun comes up - For you> There is no regrets, satisfy my curiosities There is a new world waiting, explore my possibilities There is no guarantee, just improve my abilities There is a choice to make, setting the right priorities

• 明日テストなので、早急にお願いします!

明日テストなので、早急にお願いします! 英文の意味が通るように( )に適語をいれて下さい 1、Billy is interested( )science-fiction movies. 2, The chair are made( )pinewood. 3, I was cought( )the rain while jogging. 4, My aunt is married( )an astronaut.

• 英訳お願いします

どなたか英訳お願いいたします。 I can actually fully understand the second one too! But am I right in thinking that the way you wrote it would be closer to "where is my wallet?" than "I'm looking for my wallet"?

• 英訳お願いします。

次の文章の英訳をお願いします。辞書を広げて一応一通り調べたのですが、読み違えがありそうで怖いので正確な訳をお願いします。 It was waking from a dream:my producer showed me a suggestion for a poster."What is that?" I ask.It's a film you've made!"She replies."I hope not."I stammer.T railers are shown...stills...it looks like shit.I'm shaken. Don't get me wrong...I've worked on the film for two years.With great pleasure.But perhaps I've decieved myself.Let myself be tempted.Not that anyone has done anything wrong...on the contrary, everybody has worked loyally and with talent toward the goal defined by me alone.But when my producer presents me with the cold facts,a shiver runs down my spine. This is cream on cream.A woman's film! I feel ready to reject the film like a wrongly transplanted organ. But what was it I wanted? With a state of mind as my starting point, I desired to dive headlong into the abyss of German romanticism. Wagner in spades. That much I know. But is that not just another way of expressing defeat? Defeat to the lowest cinematic common dinominators? Romance is abused in all sorts of endlessly dull ways in mainstream products. And then, I must admit, I have had happy love relationships with romantic cinema...to name the obvious:Visconti! German romance that leaves you breathless. But in Visconti,there was always something to elevate matters beyond the trivial...elevate it to masterpieces! I am confused now and feel guilty . What have I done? Is it' exit Trier?' I cling to the hope that there may be a bone splinter amid all the cream that may, after all, crack a fragile tooth...I close my eyes and hope! 長文失礼しました。よろしくお願いします。

• 至急!英訳お願いします!

英訳お願いします。 My name is Jim and I come from the United States. I have enjoyed reading fiction since I was a child. Since moving to Japan,where I am surrounded by a foreign language every day,I enjoy reading novels in my own language even more. I really find it relaxing. I also feel more confident than when I'm speaking or reading Japanese. It is fun to imagine that I am one of the characters in the novel I'm reading,particularly when I read fantasy stories. When I read Harry Potter,for example,I felt as if I had become a wizard like him. When I read Lord of the Rings,I became Strider. It made me feel so strong and brave! When I told my friend Sue about my imaginary lives,she agreed. "I know what you mean ,"she said. "The same thing happens to me.When I read Little Women,I wanted to help my family like the heroine did." I also enjoy reading science fiction. I like to imagine that I am flying with the other characters in a super fast spacecraft and that we save the earth from terrible crises. When I read I become a different person,even if only for a little while. 何卒よろしくお願いします。

• 添削と英訳おねがいします

「前職は○でした。わたしは以前から▲に興味がありましたので、今回応募させてもらいました。未経験ですが、よろしくおねがいします。」 The former employment was ○.I was interested in the ▲ since before.Therefore,I was going to apply this time.Though it is inexperienced,I'll do my best.Thank you. こんな感じでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。