• ベストアンサー

ol' とは?

sillywalkの回答

• ベストアンサー
  • sillywalk
  • ベストアンサー率46% (145/314)
回答No.2

ol'はoldを方言の発音どおりに書いた形で、こういうのをeye dialectと言います。 ちなみにthemの意味で'emと書くのはthが省略されたのではなく、古い代名詞hemのhが落ちた形です。 ついでながら、-ingを-in'と書くのも、ngの子音の発音が[n]の発音になっていることを示しているのであって、-gを省略したわけではありません。(そもそも発音上は[g]の音はない) 歌の歌詞では音の数を揃えるために、aboutを'boutと一音節にしたり、becauseを'causeと一音節にしたりするのをよく見かけます。

positivebuffalo
質問者

お礼

今"eye dialect"で検索したら、南部なまりでhair oil⇔har olと書いてあるページが出てきました。 いろいろあるんですね。eye dialectを知らなかったので参考になりました。 'emもずっと略だと思ってたので、恥ずかしいです。 どうもありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 再度添削お願いします。

There was not a sound anywhere, not even a breath of wind, and overhead the sun blazed down upon them out of a deep blue sky. どこにも音は無く、そよ風さえも無く、そして頭上の上の激しく照りつける太陽は、深く青い空に、落ちて行きました。 and overhead からが微妙です。よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳 butの用法

ある漁師が魚のますをペットにし、やがてますが水の外でも生きられるようになったというわけのわからないお話の一節です。 When Henly did not need water at all,but could go anywhere down the dry dusty road and stay all day out in the hot sun, you never saw the fisherman without his trout. Henlyとはますのことです。butがfurtherとかmoreoverなら理解できます。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳を見ていただけないでしょうか?

英訳を頼まれてしまいました。自分なりにやってみましたが、自信がありません。おわかりになる方、添削をしていただけないでしょうか? (1)風が舞う空にその身を投げることができますか? Can you throw yourself to the sky where wind blows? (2)大きな悲しみを前に耐えることができますか? Can you stand it when you faced big sarrow? (3)固く握り締めた拳を振り下ろさずにいれますか? Can you keep your fist which you clenched firmly without swinging down? (どうしても上手く表現できませんでした・・・) (4)そしてそれが生きることだと胸を張って言えますか? And can you say that it is to live with confidence? 以上です。どうぞ宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英語歌詞の訳について

「And the fears that once controlled me, can't get me at all」 「let it go」の歌詞を自分なりに訳しているのですが、どう訳したらよいのか分かりません。 文法や単語の意味を詳しく教えて頂けるとありがたいです。 あと、なぜコンマが付いているのでしょうか?andが文頭にあるのが関係しているのでしょうか? それも教えて頂けるとありがたいです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 歌詞の和訳

"Let me bleed out the words that I've been fed" They say if you love somebody you gotta let them go Yeah well that rule doesn't apply to me no more. この部分の歌詞の和訳について教えてください。 Let me bleed out the words that I've been fed. これがどうしても分からなくて困ってます。 うんざりしたこと(ムカついたこと?)を吐き出させてくれ(愚痴らせて)的な感じですか? fedの訳し方がいまいち分からなくて。。 fedって「食わせる」みたいな意味もありますよね? 分からなすぎて頭痛いです(;-;) 助けてください。。

• (2)長文読解

(1)の続きです。 Like all really primitive people, women will go on refusing to believe in or bow down to the laws of Nature. Nature may tell them, for instance, of the correct position of the human waist; but they will not listen to her; they will insist that the human waist may be anywhere you like between the neck and the knees, according to the fashion of the moment, and Nature may as well put her fingers in her ears and go home. they will not listen to herのtheyはwomenだと思うのですが、そうするとherは誰を指しているのでしょうか?Natureですか? Nature may as well put her fingers in her ears and go homeの意味が全くわかりません。どういうことを言っているのでしょうか? ----Spring Fashions:Robert Lynd

• 訳を教えてください。

They drove past green John Deere tractors parked in deep muddy ruts. Up and down hill they drove, over bumpy railroad crossings with X-shaped signs that said: RAIL-SING CROS-ROAD if you read them the wrong way, through little towns that were no more than a church, a food store with a gas pump outside, and a flagpole on a triangle of green grass where the roads met. 訳を教えてください。特に : の後がどのような構造になっているのかわかりません。よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いいたします

But if you already have previous engagements with your friends that you need to go to ... I understand if you need to go to them. Or maybe we can go together? As long as I can be with you I'm happy. Oh ... there should also be a gym in the hotel. If you're working I will go to the gym or go running. You can want you can also go to the gym ... I think they have a steam room as well :) But now it has gone down a lot ... since now you have taken a big place in my heart.

• tom waits の歌詞を訳して下さい

tom waits の take it with me という曲の歌詞がどうしても 知りたいのですが、どなたか教えて下さい。お願いします。 Phone's off the hook No one knows where we are It's a long time since I Drank champagne The ocean is blue As blue as your eyes I'm gonna take it with me When I go Old long since gone Now way back when We lived in Coney Island Ain't no good thing Ever dies I'm gonna take it with me When I go Far far away a train Whistle blows Wherever you're goin Wherever you've been Waving good bye at the end Of the day You're up and you're over And you're far away Always for you, and Forever yours It felt just like the old days We fell asleep on Beaula's porch I'm gonna take it with me When I go All broken down by The side of the road I was never more alive or Alone I've worn the faces off All the cards I'm gonna take it with me When I go Children are playing At the end of the day Strangers are singing On our lawn It's got to be more Than flesh and bone All that you're loved Is all you own In a land there's a town And in that town there's A house And in that house There's a woman And in that woman There's a heart I love I'm gonna take it With me when I go I'm gonna take it With me when I go

• 和訳手伝ってください;; さっぱりわかんないです;;

和訳手伝ってください;; さっぱりわかんないです;; (1)The paradox the automobile has thrust upon us is that liberation is bondage. The automobile has made it possible, literally and figuratively, to go anywhere, to be anyone.  支配?可能?誰でも?? (2)The car has provided a fast, efficient, adaptable, identifiable engine of forward(and upward) mobility, and as such it became an important cultual symbol system, a language pratically everyone spoke. 車 速い 気をつける? 皆 はなす? ・・・・単語の訳も怪しいくらいです;; 進級がかかってるので・・ 英語が得意な方 たすけてください><