• ベストアンサー

再度添削お願いします。

There was not a sound anywhere, not even a breath of wind, and overhead the sun blazed down upon them out of a deep blue sky. どこにも音は無く、そよ風さえも無く、そして頭上の上の激しく照りつける太陽は、深く青い空に、落ちて行きました。 and overhead からが微妙です。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ohboy729
  • ベストアンサー率41% (244/589)
回答No.1

前半はいいですね。 out of ≒ from なので 「頭上では太陽が濃い青空から彼らをギラギラと照りつけた。」 のような意味になると思います。 down upon them :「彼らの上に降り注ぐ」というベクトルのような感じだろうと思います。

menikon18
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 文構造・訳がわかりません

Apart from humility, he means that he does not find in himself a reasonably deep and clear feeling about the bearing upon one another, and upon his mind, of three things, among others : art, science, and religion. この文章です。 of three thingsとあるのでapart fromは「humility」「he means ~ one another」「and upon his mind」の3つにかかってくるのでしょうか? among以降の訳の入れる場所もよくわかりません

• 英作添削お願いします。

茶室の窓はヨーロッパ的な意味の窓とは根本的に異なっている。 それは外を見るためではなく、外の気配を感じ取るためにある。 われわれはそこに映る樹木の影がゆれるのを見て外の風を感じとり、この影が薄くなるのを見て日没を感じとる。 茶室の窓は外の光を抑制し、内部に入れることを役割としているのである。 The windows of a tea-ceremony room and the windows of Europe deffer in a purpose. They are not for seeing outside but for sencing atmosphea outside. By seeing the shadows of trees swaying, we sence the wind blowing outside and by seeing the shadows fading out, we realize that the sun setting. The windows of the tea-ceremony room are useful for controlling the amount of sunlight that enter the room. よろしくお願いします。

• 添削お願いします。

自分で訳したのですが、意味が通らず文がおかしい所が多々あります。 どなたか添削よろしくお願いします。 Leaving the surface of the statue wrinkled and rippled, though, gives the statue an effect it would not have if it were smooth. →しわが寄り、波打っている像の表面がもし滑らかだったらその像は影響を与えるだろうと思う。 Imagine a calm pool of water. →水の穏やかなプールを想像する。 Not a breeze stirs. →そよ風が動くことはない。 The surface of the pool is as flat as a mirror. →プールの表面は鏡と同じくらい平らだ。 Now imagine that wind stirs up the surface of the water. →今、水の表面に風を引き起こすことを想像する。 There are ripples and waves everywhere you look. →さざ波と波はどこでもあなたを見ている。 Which image of the pool gives the impression that something is happening? →そのプールの想像は何かある出来事に印象を与えているのでしょうか? The Thinker shows a man in a still, quiet position, but because the ゛skin" of the figure shows so much movement, we get the feeling there's a lot happening here. →考える人はまだ男性を示し静かな位置にいるが、その人物像の「皮膚」から私たちはここでたくさんの出来事があると考えている。 The rippled surface of The Thinker adds to the impression that the man must be thinking and feeling a great deal. →「考える人」の波打った表面に男性が考えること、気持ちを大いに印象に加えた。 In this way, Rodin was able to express more than his subject matter alone could show. →この方法はロダンが彼の話題に関する孤独な困難を表現することができた。

• 添削してください

「最後には欲深い人間達にシシ神の首は切り落とされますが、その後、森は闇に包まれ破壊されてしまいます。しかし首が戻った時には不老不死の力の影響なのか、草花がどんどんと成長していき枯れた木も元に戻ります。 つまりシシ神の影響は、姿を無くしても衰えていないという事がわかります。 それは言い換えれば、地球がある限り、その自然の生命は衰えず、いつでも人間の脅威にもなりうるだろうし、または生命の息吹にもなるのでしょう。 この映画は、人間の生き方を問いかける映画のように思えた。」 In the end of this movie, the head of Shishigami cut off by the greedy humans, after that the forest is wrapped in darkness and destroyed. However, when the head returns it is the influence of the power of immortality, the flower grows steadily and the dead trees returns to its original state. That is to say, we can see that the influence of Shishigami is not weakening even if it lose its appearance. In other words, as long as the earth exists, the life of natural will not wane, it can become a human threat anytime, or it will be the breath of life. This movie seemed like a movie asking people how to live life. (・「よく深い人間」をthe greedy humansとしました。) (・「不老不死の力」をthe power of immortalityとしました。) すみません。少し長いのですが、こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください

アシタカとサンが人間の手によってシシ神の首を返す事に成功した後、(シシ神は 消えてしまったけれど)森の緑が戻った。しかし、シシ神の首は戻っても、自然や動物たちと人間の共存、「生きる 為の闘い」の問題は、根本的に何の解決もしてはいない。 おそらく人や動物は、純粋に「自分が生きる為」に戦っていくのだろうと 思う。 After Ashitaka and San succeeded in returning the head of Shishigami by the hand of human, (although Shishigami gone faded away) returned the green of the forest. However, even though the head of Shishigami returned, the problem of coexistence between nature and animals, and humans, "fight for survive" has not fundamentally solved anything. Perhaps, I think that eventually humans and animals will purely "fight for their own survive". ・自然や動物たちと人間の共存をどのようにすればいいいかわからず…。 自然と動物はひとくくりで、それらと人間、というふうに表現したいです。 ・その他も、英文の添削をして欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• evenの訳を教えてください

Indeed,they often feel like a man lost deep in the forest:he can see the trees,but not even the forest as a whole. において he can't see the trees,and not even the forestもしくは he can see the trees,and even the forest という 並列されている単語にどちらにもnotがついているorどちらにもついていない文なら evenは~すら、~までも で訳せます ですが一番上の文はどう訳すべきか分かりません 理由とともに教えてください 模範訳は 「森は見え"ても"森全体は見えないのである」 でしたが「ても」がevenに対応するのですか?

• 再度、添削をお願いいたします。(1)

Happy Birthday to you! お誕生日おめでとう! Thank God I am here to celebrate your birthday for the forth time since we have met. まず、出会ってから4度目のあなたの誕生日まで生きていられたことに感謝します。 As I promised, I have not said “Sorry to my sister, mother and father who are not in heaven” because you kindly told me that my sister, father and mother are surely in heaven now. そして...。 私は、あれから「天国に行けなかった A子、お母さん、お父さん、ごめんなさい」とはも う言わないと、あなたに約束したのでした。 I still keep the promise. 約束、きちんと守っていますよ。 何故なら、貴方が「A子さんも,お父さんも,お母さんも、天国にいるはずだよ。」 と言ってくれたのだから...。 ※この訳し方が分かりません。 It was truly difficult right before my sister passed away. 姉が亡くなる直前は、本当に凄まじかった。 Nothing like a TV drama in which a patient dies rather beautifully. テレビでやっているような、あんな綺麗な死に方ではなかった。 Too much morphine made her almost unconscious and she uttered her last words. “Mother, save me” coughing up a lot of blood. モルヒネの使いすぎで、意識朦朧とした中で「お母さん、助けて。」が最期の言葉。 それも大量に吐血しながら、必死で何とか声にした言葉。 Doctor performed cardiac massages but the flat liner remained flat. その後、医者が心臓マッサージとかやったけど、波形は動かなかった。

• レンタル

TUTAYAで月は東に日は西に Wind -a breath of heart- こみっくパーティーのどれかレンタルされてるでしょうか

• よろしくお願いします

I have a 9-year-old grandson, "Bradley." He has been in and out of our lives, mainly because of the fact that his mother, "Jill," and my son, "Andrew," are not married and my son is not to have custody of Bradley at all. Jill and Bradley have mainly lived with Jill's parents. my son is not to haveはmy son will not haveということでしょうか?何か違いはあるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 添削をお願いします。

His language has the richness and sententious fullness of the Chinese. 彼の言葉は豊かで、中国の教訓的豊かさをもっています。 He will express a phrase in a word, and he will qualify the meaning of an entire sentence by a syllable; he will even convey different significations by the simplest inflections of the voice. 彼は一言で言葉を表現するでしょう。そして一音節で全文の意味を修正するでしょう。すなわち、まさにもっとも簡単な声の抑揚で、違う意味を伝えるでしょう。