• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:come down off a high)

Come Down Off a High

Shimo-pyの回答

• ベストアンサー
  • Shimo-py
  • ベストアンサー率61% (170/275)
回答No.1

◆come down off a high がどれくらいよく使われるか知りませんが、google検索で 30 件出てきますよ。off とか a とかは検索の便宜上、無視されることが多いので、" " マークをつけて、 "come down off a high" として検索すると、このフレーズが並んだ英文だけがヒットしますよ。 ◆「心にぽっかり穴があいた感じ」なら、  feel (a kind of) emptiness とか  feel a void in my heart なんて表現が出来るでしょうかね。 ◆◆以下、添削です◆◆ (1)11月は色々あったけど、貴方たちに会えた事がこれからの私の人生での財産になると思う。それが一番嬉しい事です。 ◆ happen の使い方が間違っています。  There is ○○ + 過去分詞 の表現は、  ○○ is + 過去分詞 と書ける場合に使うと考えてみてください。 A lot of things are happened ... とは言えないでしょう? ◆ it'll be の it は何を指しているのでしょうか?  文の前半では a lot of things (複数)でしたよね。  what I was able to meet you は文法的に全く不可能です。 ◆日本語では、自然な流れに身を任せるためか、「財産になる」というけれど、英語の場合は、「大切にします」「財産としていきます」というふうに I の決意として書いたほうが書きやすいし、自然になると思いますよ。 ★前半の代案例 A lot of things happened to me in November, but ... I had a lot of things in November, but ... I had various experiences in November, but ... ★後半の代案例 I am really happy to have met you (all). 「あなた(たち)に会えたのが本当にうれしいです。」 I am really happy to have had an opportunity to meet you (all). 「あなた(たち)に会う機会があったことが本当にうれしいです。」 ↓ などの英文に続けて、 ↓ I will treasure the memories of the days I spent with you (all). 「あなた(たち)と過ごした日々の思い出を、宝物にします」 It will always remain a fond memory with me. 「それ(=出会ったこと)は、楽しい思い出として心に残るでしょう」 (2)一番素晴らしいことは、たくさんの良い人に出会えたことです。 何者にも変え難い貴重な経験ができました。 ◆第一文はOKです。  got to know many good people は、  became good friends with many people 「たくさんの人たちといい友達になれた」でもいいかもね。 ◆第二文もよく出来ていて、文法的にはしっかりしるのですが、私が英語指導で使うことばの中に「経験の最上級」というのがあり、【私の体験の中で一番○○だ】というときは、別の表現にしたほうがしっくりきます。 This is the most precious experience I have had. 「これは、私にとって最高に貴重な体験です。」 としたほうが文の流れにも合うと思います。

profitable-d
質問者

お礼

Shimo-py先生。前回に続いて、丁寧な説明を頂いて本当にありがとうございました。 私が訳したものは誤っている部分が多くて、お恥ずかしい限りです。 教えていただいて本当によかったです。参考にさせていただき、もっと学習します!! それから、" マークをつけて、"come down off a high"として検索したら、29件のヒットがありました! 「心にぽっかり穴があいた感じ」の表現は feel empty inside なども良さそうですね。 では、今後とも宜しくお願いします。m(_ _)m

関連するQ&A

• 英文を訳して下さい(超短文)

She's the best thing that happened to me in 2016

• come outとcome

英語やり直し組です It really is important for me to come out here and first hand see the situation and there is no question a lot of people are suffering and there is no question there has been terrible losses. (1)come out hereが使われていますがcome hereでは駄目なのでしょうか? 調べた所come out hereで「ここに来る」という意味らしいのですがこういう場面でのcome out hereとcome hereは同じ意味なのでしょうか? President Bush has toured fire-ravaged parts of California, where he met with firefighters and families that have lost their homes to wildfires. (2)to wildfiresと書かれていますがtoでもいいのでしょうか? 前日にも同じような質問をしましたが、今回はtoだとおかしいように思えます。原因ならforやwithなどではないのでしょうか? お願いします。

• 英訳したのですが。。。

お互い好意を持って電話・メールのやり取りをしているのですが、私の英語力の無さが原因で先日少し誤解が生じました。今後も起こりうることなので、事前に正しい文章(?)で一言言ってあげておきたいのです。 ---------------------------------------------- 貴方が私について知りたい事があれば、どんな事でも質問して欲しい。 今までの会話の中で再確認したい事でも結構です。 私は誠意を持って返事をします。 しかし今の私は英語が不得意なので、辞書や翻訳ページを使って貴方のメールを読んだり返事を書いたりしています。 そのため、文章が間違っていたり理解できなかったりする事もあります。 誤解が生じることもあるでしょう。 でも私を信じてください。 私は貴方の事をもっと知りたい。 貴方の言葉が理解出来るよう勉強していきます。 2人のメールは私のプライベートです。 誰にも見せる事はありません。 その為英文に間違いがあっても許してください。 ------------------------------------------- 分かりやすい言い回しなどをご指導下さい。 I want you to question on any thing if there is what you want to know about me. until now,Thing that wants to be reconfirmed in conversation. I answer with sincerity. but,i read your mail and am writing in return by using the dictionary and the translation page. There might be a thing that sentences cannot be wrong, and understood. The misunderstanding will be likely to be caused. but,please believe me. I want to know your thing more. To understand your word, I study. The E-mail of two people is private of me. There is no thing shown to anyone. Therefore, please forgive me even if the mistake is found in English.

• 和訳~in a really long time

友達が告白してくれましたが ~in a really long time がひっかかっています…。 That's not what i meant. I want to be friends, period. You are the best thing that happened to me in a really long time. ~for a really long time 実に長い間となると思うのですが⁈ よろしくお願いします‼︎

• aとtheの違い

There is the desk that I use. There is a desk that I use. にはどういった意味の違いがありますか? お願いします。

• この英文あってますか?

This book is one of the favorite books of me. This book moved me deeply. It is because the family ties is being written very well. well, I love my family. I thought it is only one thing to be important. I regarded it as really important.  Therefore, I thought that the family was a treasure. This book was the book which reminded me of such a thing. From now on I want to keep this feeling in mind. 間違ってるところとか付け足したほうが良いところとか教えてください。お願いします

• 和訳してください!

昔の友人?恋人のような男性から2年ぶりに連絡が来ましたがあまりにも自分が英語を忘れすぎて彼のメッセージが正確に理解できません。。。なんとなくはわかるのですが正確に知りたいので分かる方、和訳お願いいたします。 自分の名前はAとしています。 I am glad that u are fine...i am good too ... i wanna say a couple of things to you! Back there, when we were at LA, i thing that didn't treated you the way that you deserve, and i wanna say really sorry aboute that A...you deserve to know that i have a lot of good memories about you and the good times that we had in LA I know that all this things happened a long time ago, but i want to say sorry to you anyway... U always were so nice to me, and back there i was to young and too immature to know that... So, this is your Brazilian friend saying sorry to you about something that happened almost 2 years ago, but still care about that...i know that we live really far way, but anyway, i wanna be ok with you Miss you A

• such thing / such a thing

NHK実践ビジネス英語2019年6月Lesson 6(2)のPat McMillanさんの台詞で, there really is no such thing as a stupid question ― only stupid answers. という決まり文句clichéがでてきます。 この講座では、何度も出てくる定型表現ですが、 “no such thing”と表現されています。 Pat McMillan: You were lucky to have such a wise teacher, Steve. I'm very much of the same mind. Not being afraid to ask questions is a crucial part of the learning process. It may be a cliché, but there really is no such thing as a stupid question ― only stupid answers. @ 2019年6月 L6(2) 一方、 “such a thing”と表現されるケースもあります。 Goto Yoko: Hey, Jack and Tony. Help me out here. Is there such a thing as umbrella etiquette here in America? @ 2010年11月L15(1) Umemura: I know there's such a thing as impulse buying. But I always try to keep a cool head and think logically about the pros and cons of a given product. @ 2013年2月L22(5) こうしてみると、否定形では、 “no such thing”で、そうでない場合は、 “such a thing”でしょうか? 最も、次のような変化球もあります。 McMillan: Very true. There's no longer such a thing as “off the record” in today's hyper-connected, hyper-transparent world. @ 2015年3月L24(3) このnoは、 “no longer”で、内容は否定的でも、構文としては、肯定文というとらえ方でいいのでしょうか? ついでながら、 “such things”という言い方も当然検索されます。 Lyonsさんの場合は、主節の “Their perspective on work and their consumer behavior”を受けており、Uedaさんの場合は、 “these kinds of personal questions at work or in social settings”を受けているためだと思いますが… Lyons: The coolest thing about that generation is how its members try to focus on value. Their perspective on work and their consumer behavior is based on how such things will add value to their lives and to society as a whole. And that’s a question that never goes out of date. @ 2014年6月L6(5) Ueda: That’s not something I have to worry about. I have a very modest lifestyle. But all this begs the question: what should I say if people ask me these kinds of personal questions at work or in social settings? I don’t want to seem rude, but I'm not usually comfortable talking about such things. @ 2017年11月L16(3) 今気が付いたのですが、副詞 “really”の位置は、一般動詞の前、助動詞およびbe動詞の後が一般的かと思っていました。しかし、Pat McMillanさんの台詞では、 there really is no such thing as a stupid question ― only stupid answers. と “there really is”となっています。 調べてみると、次の例 “there certainly is”も見つかりました。 Lyons: Sure. But that could be because the Internet is a new medium, and people haven’t yet developed the critical skills needed to sort the wheat from the chaff on the Web. And there certainly is an awful lot of chaff out there in cyberspace. @ 2015年1月L20(4) “there is”構文では、be動詞の前に副詞が入るんですね。

• 英語の添削お願いします。

I think that it is different if I convey to meet and telephone This thing, I say a live perfomance in common. I think that there is an atmosphere that can not felt only there. 私は、会って伝えるのと電話で伝えるのは違うと思う。 このことは、ライブでも共通して言える。 私は、そこでしか感じられない雰囲気があると思う この文の、添削をお願いします。

• 英語のメールを日本語にしてください。

What a bad friend .try to give you a force kiss . here is a nice chu.! to heal you back to happiness.. i am going to check my PO box tomorrow . it was a busy day.. work .. work........... i need a vacation .. i want you to know that you are a wonderful person and i am so happy for your emails it make me feel, not so lonely . ... i know that the only thing you see is text in a email .but i want you to feel that i Gare about you .. you make me happy i wish this tush your heart .. こちらの英語を日本語に訳して頂きたいです。 よろしくお願いします。