• ベストアンサー

主語は??

Some anomalous gene had fired up at the moment of his begetting as a single spark sometimes leaps from banked coals, had given him a giant's chin. 主語は「Some anomalous gene had fired up at the moment of his begetting as a single spark sometimes leaps from banked coals」の名詞節で合っていますか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9717/12085)
回答No.1

>主語は「Some anomalous gene had fired up at the moment of his begetting as a single spark sometimes leaps from banked coals」の名詞節で合っていますか? ⇒いいような気もしますが、hadを削除した “Some anomalous gene fired up at the moment of his begetting as a single spark sometimes leaps from banked coals” という「名詞句」を主語と考えるようにできるなら、それが一番すっきりしますね。

renrentipo
質問者

お礼

>“Some anomalous gene fired up at the moment of his begetting as a single spark sometimes leaps from banked coals” という「名詞句」を主語と考えるようにできるなら、それが一番すっきりしますね。 確かに、こちらの方がよりスマートに感じます。大変参考になりました。ご回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

At 4:00 a.m. on 7 August, shortly before dawn, the Germans launched their final counter-attack. On a front of 400 yards (370 m) they overran the thinly occupied O.G. Lines, catching most of the Australians in shelters in the old German dugouts and advanced towards Pozières. For the Australians, the crisis had arrived. At this moment, Lieutenant Albert Jacka, who had won the Victoria Cross at Gallipoli, emerged from a dugout where he and seven men of his platoon had been isolated, and charged the German line from the rear. His example inspired other Australians scattered across the plateau to join the action and a fierce, hand-to-hand fight developed.

• 構文分析、よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m

On arriving at Liverpool, I made the acquaintance of a man, who had been in America some years previously, and not having his hopes realized at that time, had returned desperate to England, taken in a fresh cargo of hopes, and was now making a second attempt with as much enthusiasm, if not more, than others in making their first. 構造分析、よしくお願い致します。 できるだけ丁寧に解説して頂けると嬉しいです、

• お願いします。

この英文の和訳をお願いします。H.G.WellsのThe Man Who Could Work Miraclesからです。 He opened his eyes.He was at the inn,arguing about miraclies with Toddy Beamish.He had a feeling of some great thing forgotten,which passed immediately.You see,except for the loss of his powers,everything was back as it had been:his mind and memory were now just as they had been at the time when this story began.So he knew nothing of all that is told here,knows nothing of all that is told here to this day.And among other things,of course,he still did not believe in miracles. お願いします

• 英文を教えてください。

Altesa is in the rain, the rain starts as the bus rumbles down from the head of the valley towards the coast, fat drops spattering on the window against which I rest my face, and it is still falling when the bus pulls away, tyres hissing on the slick flagstones, leaving me standing on the north side of the square. It is a little after five in the afternoon, and the square is almost deserted. A young man is taking in chairs and tables under the awning of the café-bar across from me: he is the only person I can see. I stand in the partial shelter of a plane tree, the suitcase with the pictures propped against my leg. I see myself for a moment as part of the scene, in the way I sometimes do, and realize I look like someone lost—a middle-aged man who has fallen asleep on his bus and, waking in a panic, jumped off at the wrong stop. An out-of-season tourist who has lost his coach party. Guy BurtのThe Dandelion Clockからの英文です。 *********************************************************** I see myself for a moment as part of the scene, in the way I sometimes do, and realize I look like someone lost—a middle-aged man who has fallen asleep on his bus and, waking in a panic, jumped off at the wrong stop. この英文がわからないのですが、 in the way I sometimes do 私がときどきする方法の中で? and realize I look like someone lost— lostはどこかつながるのでしょうか? それともそこで文が切れて、a middle-aged man who has fallen asleep on his bus and, waking in a panic, jumped off at the wrong stop.が一続きですか? someone lost 誰かが失った? 失われた誰か? lostがどうなっているのかわかりません。 最後のAn out-of-season tourist who has lost his coach party.のcoach partyの意味がわかりません。 教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• have a "tongue" of hair は?

He had a “tongue” of hair on the top of his head. His hair was thinning at the crown. ↑は、明らかに「頭のてっぺんが薄くなってきている」という意味だと思うのですが、have a "tongue" of hair on the top of his head の"tongue" というのはどういう状態になっているのでしょうか。教えて下さい。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

The Seventh Battle of the Isonzo was fought from September 14-17, 1916 between the armies of the Kingdom of Italy and those of Austria-Hungary.A short, sharp encounter fought from 14-17 September 1916, the Seventh Battle of the Isonzo saw Italian Chief of Staff Luigi Cadorna shift his focus from broad-based diversionary attacks to tightly focused initiatives directed at single targets.

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

During the night, its 7th Preslav and 31st Varna Infantry Regiments had gotten within 600 meters of the line's artificial obstacles. They began their assault at about 8:00 AM on 5 September, but, in spite of suppressing fire from their artillery, met strong Romanian resistance. At 9:30 the forward units were forced to halt and take cover some 200 meters from the obstacles. This was partly a result of the shifting of positions of the Bulgarian artillery, as the 1/15 artillery section had been ordered to move forward in direct support of the advancing infantry.

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Some of the German air units had recently arrived from Russia and lacked experience of Western Front conditions, some aircraft were being replaced and many single-seat fighter pilots were newly trained. German air reconnaissance had uncovered Anglo-French preparations for the Somme offensive and after a period of bad weather in mid-June, French preparations were also seen as far south as Chaulnes. British aircraft and kite balloons, were used to observe the intermittent bombardment, which began in June and the preliminary bombardment which commenced on 24 June.

• どんな内容か教えてください。

By the time I had got the punt out,there were several yards of water as the branch bent under his weight. Boats were passing at the time but no one seemed to notice us. I was glad about this. This was a private agony. A double chin had appeared on the face of Mr Timberlake and his head was squeezed between his shoulders and his hanging arms.

• The Dark Glassesからの英文です。

”You're quite the young lady, Joan," he said, looking at my new breasts.   I smiled and put my hand in my blazer pocket.   He was smaller than he had been two years ago. I thought he must be about fifty or thirty. His face was more freckled than ever and his eyes were flat blue as from a box of paints. Miss Simmonds appeared silently in her soft slippers. "You're quite the young lady, Joan," she said from behind her green glasses, for her right eye had now gone blind and the other was said to be troubling her. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 he=Mr Simmondsは検眼士です。 13歳だった主人公の女の子が2年経って再びSimmondsさんのお店を訪れた場面です。 ----------------------------------- His face was more freckled than ever and his eyes were flat blue as from a box of paints.の his eyes were flat blue as from a box of paintsがわからないのですが、 as fromを辞書で引くと ・・・から(法律・契約など正式な日付に用いる)とありました。 この英文の場合には意味的に当てはまらない感じなのですが どのように訳すのでしょうか? 教えてください。宜しくお願いします。 前文は I broke the glasses by sitting on them during my school holidays two years later.   My grandmother said, after she had sighed, "It's time you had your eyes tested--" "--eyes tested in any case," said my aunt when she had sighed.   I washed my hair the night before and put a wave in it. Next morning at eleven I walked down to Mr Simmonds's with one of my grandmother's long hat-pins in my blazer pocket. The shop front had been done up, with gold lettering on the glass door: Basil Simmonds, Optician, followed by a string of letters which, so far as I remember, were FBOA, AIC, and others. となっています。