Is Jr. Doctor a Masculine Toy? The Truth Revealed

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the truth about the Jr. Doctor toy set for boys and whether it is truly masculine.
  • Uncover the hidden meaning behind the use of 'Jr.' in the toy's title and its association with masculinity.
  • Explore why it is rare to see girls with a name attached 'Jr.' and the impact it has on gender representation in toys.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

添削お願いします

It is clear that doctor playset for boys. Because the title of this toy is Jr. Doctor. "Jr" is considered to be more masculine. Because we do not often see a girl who has a name attached Jr. 「それは男の子のための医者のプレイセットであることは明らかです。 このおもちゃのタイトルはJr. Doctorです。 "Jr"は男性的であると考えられています。 Jr.という敬称がつけられた女の子の名前を見ることはあまりないからです。」 *3文目は英語で言いやすいように少し日本語を変えています。 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• wxw
  • お礼率89% (1045/1166)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9726/12098)
回答No.1

以下のとおり、表現と添削文をお答えします。ほとんどお書きの文でいいと思います。 (改善点は、Becauseの反復を避けることくらいです。) >It is clear that doctor playset for boys. Because the title of this toy is Jr. Doctor. "Jr" is considered to be more masculine. Because we do not often see a girl who has a name attached Jr. >「それは男の子のための医者のプレイセットであることは明らかです。 このおもちゃのタイトルはJr. Doctorです。 "Jr"は男性的であると考えられています。 Jr.という敬称がつけられた女の子の名前を見ることはあまりないからです。」 (表現) *その医者のプレイセットは男の子向けであることは明らかです。:It is clear that the doctor's play set is for boys. *「Jr.」は(女性用というより)男性用であると考えられています。:"Jr." is considered to be more for men (than for women).。この文に前置されたBecauseを削除しましょう。 *「Jr.」という名前がつけられた女の子を見ることはめったにないからです。:It is because we rarely / seldom see a girl who has a name attached "Jr."。not often「頻繁ではない」より、rarely / seldom「めったにない」と言うほうが文脈によく合うと思います。 (添削文) It is clear that the doctor's play set is for boys. The title of this toy is "Jr. Doctor". "Jr." is considered to be more for men (than for women). It is because we rarely / seldom see a girl who has a name attached "Jr." 《その医者のプレイセットが男の子向けであることは明らかです。このおもちゃのタイトルは「Jr. Doctor」です。「Jr.」は(女性用というより)男性用であると考えられています。「Jr.」という名前がつけられた女の子を見ることはめったにないからです。》

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 わたしの作成した英文だとBecauseが2回重なっていたので、3文目はbecauseをとり、4文目にthis is becausaeとされたのですね。 その他、添削文大変参考になりました。ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

junior はラテン語の「若い」から来ており,男女を問わず若年者に使います。名前についてだけは,女子には使わないのです。 論理構成をやりなおし。英語以前の問題。

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 >「junior」が男女を問わず若年者に使う、ということは承知しております。 一応以下の英文を参考にして、今回英文を作成しました。 「“Jr.” is considered to be more masculine, as many men have a Jr at the end of their name because they have the same name as their father. You do not often see females with a Jr attached to their name.」 「女子にあまり見ない名前」と記入したため、ご指摘されたのでしょうか? 上記にも述べたように、上の英文を参考にしました。 「女子には使わない」というのは覚えておきます。

関連するQ&A

• 添削お願いします

1)These toys bring children the idea that blue and doctor is boys is a boy at the same time pink and nurse is a girl. 「これらのおもちゃは、ピンクと看護師が女の子であるという考えと同時に、青と医者が男の子であるという考えを子供たちにもたらします。」 2)When you walk the toys department in the shop and find the shelves of toys in a pink package, you will get it right away who is that target for? 「お店の中でおもちゃ売り場を歩きピンクのパッケージに入ったおもちゃの棚を見つけた時、誰をターゲットとしたのかすぐにわかるでしょう」 こちらの2文を添削してほしいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の添削をお願いします!

1.それはタイという国がオープンだからだと思う。 I think because Thailand is open. 2.つまり、日本がいかに閉鎖的だということを表していると思う That means, it is emphasize not open to Japan. 3.竹ノ塚に住んでいるその彼女はタバコをやめられなかった The girl who lives in Takenozuka cuuldn't renounce smoking. 4.斉藤さんは部活を2003年に脱退した Saito was resigned his club in 2003.

• 添削おねがいできますか?

問い 日本の喫煙状況について100字程度で答えよ。(以下の質問の答えも含めよ) 日本では男女共にタバコを吸うか?日本では禁煙運動が行われているか?禁煙運動についてどう思うか。 In Japan both men and women smoke but recently the number of women smoker are increasing. Anti-smoking campaign is often waged by citizen group. In my opinion, we have to promote this campaign in a large scale. This is because smoking is harmful for not only the smoker but also us, passive-smoker. Often someone who loves cigarette may insist that they do not make nuisance for others. However smoking passively is more possible to the lung cancer than the direct smoker. Also pregnant mothers who smoke almost kill their own child.

• 4つですが、英文の添削をお願いします。

日本訳に合わせて英文を作成したのですが、添削をお願いします。 ならべく元の単語を使用していただきたいです。 よろしくお願いします。 1.それはタイという国がオープンだからだと思う。 I think because Thailand is open. 2.つまり、日本がいかに閉鎖的だということを表していると思う also, it is emphasize not open to Japan. 3.竹ノ塚に住んでいるその彼女はタバコをやめられなかった The girl can't renounce the cigaret who is live in Takenoduka. 4.斉藤さんは部活を2003年に脱退した Mr.saito was resign his club in 2003.

• 添削お願いします。

What I like to do in my free time というタイトルです。 I play TV games in my free time. Among the games I like a video soccer game. I sometimes go to the movies. This is because I love movies. I can learn various things from amovies. Therefore,I often go to movie theaters.

• 添削お願いします

It will become to have a fixed idea that "a boy is that, a girl is that" by adults forcing their values like that in children who do not have aware of gender. 「男だから・女だからということがまだ自覚されてないタイミングから、大人がそれを刷り込んでいくことで「男はこう、女はこう」というステレオタイプができてしまう。」 *こちらの日本文をもとに英文を作りました。 少し英文に言いやすいように勝手に日本語文を変えたりしていますが、言いたいことは以上のことです。 こちらの英文の添削をしてほしいです。よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

外国人はしばしば日本人の結婚式に招待され、新郎や新婦とほんのちょっとした 知り合いにすぎなくてもスピーチをするように頼まれます。それはたいてい、結婚式に 国際的な雰囲気を与えるためです。 Foreigners are often invited to Japanese weddings and asked to speech even if they are a little familiar with the couple who are the main of the party. It is mainly because they want to make an international impression in it. mainly because they want の they は新郎新婦の意味なのですが、外国人という 解釈をとられるという勘違いは起こりうるでしょうか? またその場合はどのように回避したらいいんでしょうか? 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英語文献の翻訳に困ってます。 助けてください

Physical development Adolescence is often considered to begin with puberty, the appearance of mature sexual characteristics. In girls this is marked by menarche, the onset of menstruation. The average age is about 12^1/2 years , but the normal range is of growth in height and weight begins to increase, reaching a peak about a year before the menarche. The peak rate is the most rapid growth in the postnatal period. Because of its timing, this period of rapid growth is sometimes called the preadolescent growth spurt. In boys there is no striking change analogous to the menarche to mark the beginning of adolescence. However, a growth spurt in height and weight occurs, and its pattern is about the same as in girls except that it is about two years later. Thus, adolescence begins about two years later in boys than in girls. Like girls, boys vary widely in the age at which puberty begins. However, the “average” early-maturing boy begins puberty at about the average normal age for the beginning of puberty in girls. Similarly, the “average” late-maturing girl begins puberty at about the average normal age for boys. Research shows such individuals have few problems in learning to adjust to the opposite sex. The early-maturing boy has the better time of it, though, because he is also a hero to the normally-maturing boys, while the late-maturing girl is not well accepted by normally-maturing girls. In contrast, the early-maturing girl is too far ahead of her classmates of both sexes, and the late-maturing boy too far behind. Both have adjustment problems.

• 自由英作の添削をお願いします

もう前期試験まで一週間もないのですが、心残りなので時間がある時にでもお願いします。 阪大の2008年度の自由英作文の問題です。 Is a lie always bad? Why or why not? Answer in English in around 70 words. I don't think a lie is always bad. Because a man is happy by a lie in some cases. For example, a man was suffer from a cancer. He was getting weaken. When he asked his doctor about his cancer's situation, however, his doctor answered he was getting recovering. Of course, what his doctor said is a lie, but he was happy. A lie made him happy. よろしくお願いします。

• ()内の語句を、正しく並び替えなさい。

()内の語句を、正しく並び替えなさい。 (1)Who is(singing/the stage / the girl/on)? (2)This is(Rie/painted/a picture /by). (3)The dog(me/running/toward/came). (4)The girl (shocked/the sight/at/looked). という問題があるのですが、 (1)Who is the girl singing on the stage? (2)This is a picture painted by Rie. (3)The dog running toward came me. (4)The girl looked shocked at the sight. であっていますか? 宜しく御願い致します><;