Found Wallet with Cash and Cards: What Should We Do?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Recently, my spouse found a stranger's lost wallet containing cash and credit cards. Instead of keeping it, we turned it in to the police station. The wallet owner sent us a generous check as a thank you. However, we don't feel right accepting the money and believe we should donate it to a local charity, such as the parks and rec department. How should we phrase a thank you note to the wallet owner?
  • What to Do When You Find a Wallet: A Story of Honesty and Generosity
  • We recently found a wallet belonging to a stranger that had a significant amount of cash and credit cards. Rather than keeping it, we handed it over to the police. As a token of gratitude, the wallet owner sent us a generous check. We are unsure about accepting the money and are considering donating it to a local charity, specifically the parks and rec department, as we found the wallet in a park. How should we express our thanks in a note to the wallet owner?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

rec department

My spouse recently found a stranger’s lost wallet, with a lot of cash and credit cards, and turned it in to the police station. The owner sent us a thank you note and a VERY generous check, I guess as a thank you for turning in the wallet with its contents intact. We don’t feel right taking the money, because we don’t need it and we don’t think we deserve a reward just for, you know, not stealing somebody’s money. We are inclined to donate the check to a local charity (maybe the parks and rec department because we found the wallet in a park) but are struggling with how to phrase a thank you note to the wallet owner. rec department とは何でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5368)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.1

>rec department とは何でしょうか? ⇒rec はrecreationの合成語用短縮形で、「レクレーション○○」というニュアンスの語句をつくります。 例えば、rec center「レクレーション施設」、rec ground「遊園地」、rec room「娯楽室」、 そして、rec department「レクレーション部・課・局」などです。 ☆落し物を拾って届けたお礼にもらった小切手(の金額)をそっくりそのまま公園の「レクレーション部」に寄付するわけですね。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 英語長文の添削をお願い致します。

自分で「節約」についての英文を作成してみましのたで、長文で面倒くさいかもしれませんが、英語に詳しい方がいらっしゃいましたら添削をお願い致します。 英文で変な部分がございましたら、バシバシご指摘下さい。  We should reduce daily expensive to save money.  There are many ways to reduce daily expensive. First of all, we mustn’t put much money in the purse. If there are much money in the purse, we may waste our money by buying things we don’t need. When we do our shopping at the supermarket, we will buy except what we need, because we don’t have much money in the purse. Also, we should use public facilities maximally. For example, there are library and swimming pool and gym. At the library we can read books as well as watching movie on DVD. By using at the library, we don’t have to go a bookstore and a rental video shop. We have to pay expensive entrance fee and monthly membership fee for using private gym and health spa, but we can use cheaper public facilities than private facilities.  In this way, if we focus on familiar things, we can save money easily. I think it’s easy for everyone to save money.

• features departmentの意味

“The nb2 gives you a whole host of features to make these earbuds worth your money for starters in the features department. The ANC performance on the NB2 is quite impressive, and for mid-range ANC earbuds, these are one of the best in the market for now” 以上の英文ですが、「features department」ってどう訳したらいいでしょうか? 私の訳は以下の通りですが、他にも何か不自然なところがありましたら、直していただけたらと思います。 「nb2は、これらのイヤホンを機能部門の初心者にとって代金に見合うものにするための多くの機能を提供します。 NB2によるANCパフォーマンスは非常に印象的であり、ミッドレンジのANCイヤバズで、今のところは、市場最高品の1つです。」 英語のカテゴリで日本語の質問をしてしまって、申し訳ございません。 日本語学習者です。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語の翻訳をお願い致します。

英語の翻訳をお願い致します。 I see. Its really hard to think now. Because of this custom fees, its really a lot when paying them. Almost a quarter to pay of the original value. Only in my opinion, I think when it is properly labelled and pack extremely well we can at least be sure the item is safe, but still we don't know what will happen.. I think Japan post is secure and can be trusted. I am with you, in my case I don't really want to lose my money if something happen in the item.. Hard to think.. よろしくお願い致します。

• should it come up

I am a mentee in a "future women leaders" program at my organization. I am paired with a director of a different department. She and I get along very well, but she is not on speaking terms with the director of my department, and has gone so far as to file a complaint against my immediate supervisor, a woman I respect greatly. So far, my mentor has not reached out to me to organize our first mentoring session. Perhaps it is because she is very busy, but I suspect it is also because she is basically at war with my department, going so far as to instruct some of her subordinates not to speak to my colleagues (although they still speak to me). I sent an initial, "Thank you, and I'm looking forward to working with you" email to her upon the human resources department informing us that we were paired together. I have not reached out to her again and haven't heard from her. I am not sure how I would handle any discussions about my department, in particular my supervisors, should it come up. should it come upの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• この様なメールが MICROSOFT DEPARTMENT <msof

この様なメールが MICROSOFT DEPARTMENT <msoftfirst2010@live.it> から来ました?何でしょうか? Microsoft Department of Promotion Microsoft Italy s.p.a. Dpt 2444 . via Franchesco 28 milano, Italy . Attention: Lucky Winner, Microsoft congratulate you, being one of the lucky winners of the result of the Annual Microsoft Email Award held on the 5th of september 2010 in Italy . Your email address emerged as one of the 10 lucky winners selected electronically by our Electronic lotto Wheel. The total sum of ?2,00000 (Two Million Euro) has been accredited to your email address file number. Winners were selected randomly from our list of millions of email addresses around Europe, Asia, some parts of South America to promote computer literacy worldwide as well as to advertise our software and computer products. This promotion was sponsored by a conglomerate of software and computer promotion companies like Intel Group, Toshiba, Dell Computers Apple, and other International software and computers manufacturing Companies. Your email address number in our file was chosen in the European lottery Coupon network whereby your number came up as one of the lucky winners of our prize money, hence, your price money will be remitted to your choice account, in your country through CITIBANK European Branch. Your winning details are as follows: Batch No: ITY109766 Email File No:IT1660 Coupon No: IT7U0 Amount Won: 2.00000 (TWO Million Euro) Contact CITIBANK Italia immediately for verification, processing and transferring of your price money to you in your country. Remember to forward them your winning details for confirmation. Full Name : Tel Number: Age: Occupation : Address: Contact Citibank with the below contact info: Contact Info: Foreign Remittance Department Citibank Italia s.p.a MILENA NASI FOR MARIO BOSCO TEL: +39-327-620-3280 Address : VIA corona sergio 9 Milano Email : remittanceciti@live.it On behalf of our CEO Mr. Bill Gates, all the 2010 promotion sponsors, we congratulate you o

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

Nice to hear from you! Thank you for your tips for the hostels. I have a (strange) question for you. Is it possible to sleep with you for one or two nights? Tomorrow we are leaving Kyoto by bike and I don't know which hostel to choose. Maybe you're open to keep us one or two nights in our house so we can have some time to search for a good hostel? If you don't feel comfortable with you, just say that and we can find a hostel today.

• 困ってます(;;)英検2級の英作文について、

英検2級の英作文添削お願いしたいです(;;) TOPIC Some people say that people will stop using cash in the near future. Do you agree with this opinion? I agree that people will stop using cash in the heat future. I have two reasons. Firstly, continuing use the cash provide a good opportunity for theif. This is because, many people have money in wallet. If people using cash, the if can car still the people's money. Secondly, when people buy expensive things, they feel inconvinience to take money out of wallet. However, if don't using cash, taking money is easily for them. In conclusion, I strongly agree with this opinion.

• 至急です!英検2級の英作文添削!

英検2級の英作文添削お願いします! TOPIC Some people say that people will stop using cash in the near future. Do you agree with this opinion? I agree that people will stop using cash in the heat future. I have two reasons. Firstly, continuing use the cash provide a good opportunity for theif. This is because, many people have money in wallet. If people using cash, the if can car still the people's money. Secondly, when people buy expensive things, they feel inconvinience to take money out of wallet. However, if don't using cash, taking money is easily for them. In conclusion, I strongly agree with this opinion.

• 意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。そこはオリジナル商品を作ってくれるお店です。問い合わせをしたところお返事をもらいました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 Thank you for contacting AAA and for your interest in using the AAA emblem! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us, we are delighted to receive your email and have the opportunity to assist you today. We apologize for the delay in responding to your email, and hope it has not caused you any inconvenience in your research. We are excited to see you are interested in using the AAA Emblem. In response to your question, unfortunately we have only been provided the phone number to the BBB Equity Management Department. As previously stated that number is 1-111-111-1111. If you speak to someone in that department, they may be able to provide you with an email directly to their department. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you the best in your future endeavors. I hope this answers all of your questions and concerns but if not please feel free to contact your local dealership or us for further assistance. If you are not currently working with a AAA dealership in your area and you would like to locate one, an easy way to do so is by visiting http://www..com. Would a contact from a local dealership be helpful? We can have a BBB dealership contact you by email or phone regarding your purchase or lease. We will make sure that the dealership contacts you in a timely manner. Just reply to this email with your consent.

• in her honor

I work in a small office (fewer than 20 employees), staffed entirely by women. This is usually a good thing, and we get along well and support one another. There is one employee, “June,” who has been with the company for three to four years, and who recently announced she is leaving to pursue an opportunity with another company. We congratulated her individually on her new opportunity, signed a group card each reiterating a similar message, and had a catered farewell lunch in her honor. After the lunch, another employee found June crying in her office. Apparently, June was upset that we hadn’t given her a parting gift in recognition of her time with the company. Now two employees are asking everyone to contribute toward a gift for June because of how upset she was. I have been at the company for 10 years, and to my knowledge, it is not standard practice for us to give gifts to departing employees unless they are retiring—which June is not. I don’t feel inclined to contribute toward a gift for a grown woman who threw a tantrum because she wasn’t offered a present. But if I don’t, I look like a “bad guy” to my colleagues who I have to continue to work with. Can I draw a line in the sand and opt out of a collective gift? in her honorとcollective giftの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします