• ベストアンサー

follow-up messages

A while back, a very good friend of mine, “Shannon,” introduced me to a good friend of hers, “Hank.” Hank and I hit it off, and I thought we would become good friends. However, Hank never responded to my follow-up messages, leaving me very confused. follow-up messagesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数8

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9726/12098)
回答No.4

>follow-up messagesはどのような意味でしょうか? ⇒敢えて純日本語風に訳せば、「折り返しの応答伝言」といったニュアンスだと思います。 ☆シャノンから「私」を紹介されたハンクが先に挨拶を送って、それに対して「私」が「折り返しの応答伝言」を返した、という段階ですよね。 (ここから余談、または「余計なおせっかい」↓) ハンクにしてみれば、伝言が1往復したわけですから、すぐに「返事の返事」をする気にならないかも知れませんよね。むしろ、「私」がせっかちすぎるのと違いますかぁ…。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.3

例えば、follow up message exampleを調べますと、以下のようなページが見つかります。 https://www.hubspot.com/sales/follow-up-email-after-meeting-networking 見れば、分かると思います。 Hank and I hit it offとある通り、もうすでに一緒に遊んでいるわけで、「連絡ありがとう」みたいな話ではないのですよね。 ハンクさんを友達に紹介されて、話してみたらすごい話が合ったので、こりゃいい友達になれそうだと思ったんだけど、follow up message(今日は楽しかったね~! また遊ぼ~!みたいなの)は既読無視なので、一体どういうことなのかと混乱しています。 質問者さんにはちょっと難しいかな? 分かんなくて質問してるので、しょうがないとは思いますが。 もうちょっと頭を使って欲しいものです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

回答No.2

一緒に遊んだ後「今日は楽しかったね!」とかフォローアップするメッセージの事です。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

follow-up messagesはどのような意味でしょうか?  (シャロンが紹介してくれたハンクからは、私が出した初対面の挨拶の)あとに続くメッセージ(=返事)(が無く、私は非常に困惑している)  例えば、「連絡ありがとう、来週空いてますか?」のような「続き」のことでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• follow up with

I asked a friend of mine to look at my dating app messages, and he told me I was coming across as “needy” and “desperate.” His reasoning was that I followed up with girls I’d been talking to when they hadn’t responded. followed up with girls I’d been talking toの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

if you would like me to tell her i emailed u. i will. i dont want you to lose a good friend because of me.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

About five years ago, I became good friends with a husband and wife, “Bryan” and “Nicole.” Two years ago, Nicole broke up with Bryan and filed for divorce; this came as a shock to most of their friends, including me, and definitely to Bryan. They’ve remained fairly congenial, but of course, any divorce brings some prickliness. The friends were divvied up, and apparently Nicole got me. She continues to invite me to parties, wants to vent about the divorce, and so on. The friends were divvied up, and apparently Nicole got me. の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英語の訳をして欲しいです

一度訳したのですがどうしても変な訳になって内容があまりよくつかめないのでどなたか訳していただけませんか⁇ Eventually in a friendship one can begin to take small services for granted - the loan of a dress, a phone call to find out vital information - but no one expects a real sacrifice. No matter how desperately my friend might need a babysitter, she would never ask me to miss a day's work to take care of her child. I have sometimes been very confused when foreign friends did remarkable things for me - drove me great distances or took the subway to the airport to meet me. Such things are not in our vocabulary, and I find it difficult to respond. For the average American, the feeling of being indebted is practically a physical pain. When a neighbor had to store some things in my freezer after hers broke down, she could not rest until she had made me a special dinner. I rescued another neighbor's runaway dog, and she brought me a cake. In point of fact, most of us are human and like to be helpful and would not mind receiving only thanks for a good deed. It is not a coincidence that the only person on our block who borrows our garden tools was born in trinidad. We are delighted to loan them, but our other neighbors would rather buy their own, even if it means spendng a lot for something they use once a year.

• 英語の表現方法に悩んでいます

英語の勉強のためにと、文通を始めて2年になるドイツ人男性の文通相手がいます。最近、彼が「僕の一番の親友が遠くに引っ越してしまうので、僕の生活は今より、ずっと味気ないものになってしまう」と少し落ち込んでいる様子だったので、私は彼のその気持ちに理解を示した上で、 "This may not be any comfort, but I'm always on your side. Your friendship is one of my treasures, and you are an important person to me! Nothing pleases me more than knowing you are happy and in good health!" と彼への手紙に書いて、彼を励まそうとしました。その彼がまず葉書で、 "Dearest XXX! I just got your letter, and I wanted to tell you how wonderful it is to be your friend! Your every letter makes me very happy - thank you for being such a great, funny, smart and sensitive friend!! Take good care of yourself. Thinking of you, XXXX" とちょっと返事をくれて、その後の本当の返事では、今までより打ち解けた感じになっていて、 "You've got me!""Remember I'm thinking of you. I'm very happy to have you as my friend, dear XXX!" と書いてありました。 このやり取りを皆様はどう思われますでしょうか?実は、私が彼に書いたことは、真面目でとても気が合う彼に対して、自分が好意を持ち始めていることを伝えたいという意図もあったのですが、こういう文章では伝わらないでしょうか?また、彼が私に対して書いた"thank you for being such a great friend."という文章は、"great friend"というと「親友」という意味があるようなので、そういうことを言っていると受け取ってしまってもよいのでしょうか?彼が私をどういうふうに見ているのか、私にはよく分からず困っているのです。

• 日本語にお願いします★

Or my other friend jazz what time would be good we will be boyfriend and girlfriend next weekend and meet me and my friend jazz at 7plex is 4:30 a good time to go to mihama next week friday with my friend jazz Is 4:30 a good time to hang out on Friday next week meet me and my friend in 7plex or mister donut in jusco bring money ↑ これ日本語にお願いします!!

• 日本語にして下さい!

I went to the beach yesterday with some friends and I saw a lot of Japanese girls there. It made me think of you and how we met in Guam;-)

• 英語を日本語へ訳して頂けますか?

下記の英語を日本語へ訳して頂けますか? 英語は第二言語の方なので変な部分があるかもしれませんが...。 i break up with my ex-girlfriend because she was not a good person . she treat me bad and she never care about what i think and like . she really was evil. all my friend toll me that she was not good for me because she treat me bad in frond of all my friend . and she call me loser all the time went she felt sad for no reason . she got me depress so depress ... i got tired of it i want it some one ho love me for ho i am and what i love to do ... she never care about me and what i want for me and my future ... i am scare to fine some one like my ex .....i dont want that life again.. i am happy now ... but i know you are not like that you are sweet and caring girl... i only want a good and happy girl for me and i really want i happy family ...

• 日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか?

長文になりますが、おおまかで構わないので日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。 ………………………… In summer in the year before last, I received a mail from a person. I felt almost was make-up story but various thinks about you were written in it. I understood the contents and replied my promise not to relate with you. However, harassment to me started by your friends, staffs of (店名) and your friends I had never related and it has been continuing until now although it becomes not so often as before. Even some of my friends were harassed only because being with me. (店名) is your working place and a place for your friends to gather. I guess they hope me not to relate with you. Because I had been told about you sometimes, I had a complicated feeling when I received your message via facebook. I thought that I would select my human relation and it would be possible for me to be a friend with you but I can not be free from the wavering of my decision to relate with you as a friend if I visit (店名). I have to keep promise with your friends.... I do not know why your friends still stick to me. Because I have no relation with you now. I also have no relation with anyone who might have close relation with you. I do not know you have any engagement to such continuous sticking to me but I think it is a matter of mind of these people not of yours or mine. I am thankful to you for calling me your friend. However, considering my current position, I think that it would be difficult to be your friend. If you have good human relation now, I think that there would be no reason for you to keep on staying as my friend beyond it. What do you think about it? Please do not misunderstand. I do not take you into my confidence to hurt you. I want to tell you only why I have avoided you. If we have fate, we might be able to relate as ordinary friend.

• refer

I broke up with someone a year ago. After we broke up, she unfriended me on social media, never responded to my birthday message, and stopped spending time with mutual friends lest she end up around me. Recently I found out that she is looking for new work opportunities. A friend of mine works in the same sector and has a job opening that would be perfect for her. She is extremely qualified, and I think she would enjoy this role. Should I reach out and let her know I can refer her? refer herはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします