• ベストアンサー

strapped in

The other day, my three kids and I were on our way to my mother’s house when I realized I forgot something and drove back home. I left my trio strapped in before running inside. strapped inはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"strapped in" 「シートベルトを着用(させたまま)」 [ご参考]: https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=strap+in 家に忘れ物をしたので、三人の子供(my trio)を、シートベルトをさせたまま車の中に置いて、家の中に取りに戻った。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• at home と both についての質問

質問その1:中学で「家にいる」は「at home」と習いますが、これを「in the house」「in my house」「at my home」「at my house」などと答えると、中学のテストだと、やっぱり誤りですか? 質問その2:「both you and I」と「you and I」はどう違うのでしょうか? 同じならbothの存在価値が無いように思うし.... 以上2つ教えてください。

• inの解釈

下の文のinの用法を教えてください。 i call my mom three days in because she is probably wondering why i haven't emailed her.

• 訳を教えてください

Two weeks ago I attended a holiday party with my boyfriend and his family. We’ve been together for three years, and since we moved to his hometown, I’ve gotten to know his parents and sisters better. I forgot about new medication I was taking, had a few drinks, and became drunker than I have ever been in my life. (Counting this event, I’ve only been drunk three times, so it’s extremely out of character for me.) I now know that I did something so horrible at the party that my boyfriend broke up with me via text and told me he has no interest in speaking to me ever again. I’m devastated. My now ex-boyfriend is the sweetest man I know, so I had to have done something cruel for him to do this. I had to have done something cruel for him to do thisの訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• in-person ticket lottery

I moved to the NYC area three years ago, and since then, I have immensely enjoyed the Broadway theater scene. I enter online and in-person ticket lotteries every day—my husband and I don’t have a large budget for entertainment, but I’ve gotten pretty lucky and seen some blockbuster shows. in-person ticket lotteriesはdどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いいたします

It was my pleasure to look for your hair dryer ... this way it made me feel I could do something for you and that makes me very happy. Of course you can use my towels. Actually I also have an extra bath robe you can use. You can use everything in my house ... please consider my house as your home for Do we take off our shoes when we enter the house? Generally speaking ... no. But in my house yes. I always take of my shoes when I enter the house and put on my slippers. And I also ask everybody who enters to do this. (I will prepare slippers for you). So in the house I walk around with my slippers and to go to the bedroom I take off my slippers. But I think in Japanese house it's a little bit different. The part of the house where you can't wear shoes, the floor is a little bit higher, no? Can you be honest ... have you never walked in your house with your shoes? Really never? You were never a naught girl? hahaha

• break out in hives

My childless sister “Sally” and I are close but are having a disagreement. Sally lives several hours away, and my 8-year-old daughter and I try to visit for the weekend about once per month. The problem is that my daughter has severe pet allergies, and Sally has two cats and a small terrier. Though she keeps her house as clean as possible, the very presence of these pets causes my daughter to sneeze, congest, and sometimes break out in hives. break out in hivesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• forget と leave の違い

動詞の使い方に関して質問です。 I forgot my bag in the train. という言い方はI left my bag in the train. の代用として認められますか。 宜しくお願いします。

• in and of itself の意味

Psychic phenomenon in and of itself is not something that I readily dismiss. のin and of itself の意味と使い分けについておしえてください。よろしくお願いします。

• put in bagとput bag in

put in bagとput bag inどちらが正しいですか? 飛行機の中で、他人の頭上にある荷物入れに自分の荷物を入れていいですか? という意味で、 Can I put in my bag??? と聞いている人がいました。 これって Can I put my bag in ??? でないといけないことないですか? アルクによれば、 http://eow.alc.co.jp/put+in+bag/UTF-8/?ref=sa put ~ in a burlap bag ~を麻袋{あさぶくろ}に入れる put ~ in a doggy bag 〔レストランで残り物を〕持ち帰り用の袋に入れる のようにput A in BでBにAを入れる、という意味のようです。 一方で、 I opened my locker and put in my bag. ロッカーを開けて、かばんを入れた。 のように、put in Aで、Aを入れる、という用法も見つかりました。 それでは、 Can I put in my bag??? と聞いている人がいました。 これって Can I put my bag in ??? どちらの方が正しいのでしょうか?

• in anticipation

My older brother and I are both in our mid-30s and have not gotten along for 20 years. He has been verbally, psychologically and at times physically abusive toward me. He has a ferocious temper, and if I say anything he doesn't like, he lambastes me. I try to avoid him, but since the birth of my nephew (the cutest baby ever), that is not always possible. I like his wife and adore my nephew. Before a visit, I have trouble sleeping at night. I feel anxious and dread the hours passing in anticipation. dread the hours passing in anticipationはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします