What Does 'Kids Were Not in the Equation' Mean?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • In a relationship, the phrase 'kids were not in the equation' means that having children is not a priority or a consideration.
  • The person in the relationship is content with not having children and is willing to accept a partnership without them.
  • This phrase implies that the individual has made peace with the idea of not becoming a parent and is focused on other aspects of the relationship.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

in the equation

One thing I have been coming to terms with since we became serious is the fact that he is seven years older than me, and has zero interest in having any more children in his life, by natural means or adoption. His two children are 11 and 13 respectively and he thinks they are the best (they are the best) but also that they are enough. When we started, it had been such a hard time for me finding somebody I could imagine having a loving, real, strong connection with I had decided if the option for a wonderful partnership came along and kids were not in the equation, I would be okay with that. kids were not in the equationとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4111/5344)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

#1です。補足です。  下記の4の意味でもあります。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=equation

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.2

「子供(に関する事柄)が方程式に含まれなければ」- [直訳] 「子供に関することを条件外とすれば」- [意訳] 転じて、 「子供に関する考えの相違(新たに子供を持つか持たないか)を度外視すれば」 ではないでしょうか。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

kids were not in the equationとはどのような意味でしょうか? 下記に「a situation, esp one regarded as having a number of conflicting elements」などとある場合です。  https://www.thefreedictionary.com/equation  子供(を作ること)が諸条件の中に入っていない(ならば、)

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 英語の得意な方、和訳お願いします!2

What are the live of these refugee children like? Think about the case of the children in this photo. They are from Kosovo. Their village was attacked. Their father and older brother were in great danger and had to run away. These children and their mother were left behind. But they were in danger too. They had to leave. They became refugees. There are million of children like the. These children are refugees living in Africa,Asia and Europeーーーeverywhere.

• よろしくお願いします

I own a rental house down the street from my own residence. I rent it a bit below market with the understanding that tenants will be “easy.” The current tenants (a couple and their 8-year old) have been generally OK, if not the best I’ve ever had. However, I’ve recently heard from a few neighbors that “Tommy” is a terror at school and has bullied several neighborhood kids. They’ve hinted that I might do our local elementary school a favor if I didn’t renew their lease. (I am within my rights to do so; it ends in May, and I would give 60 days’ notice.) There are very few rentals in the local elementary school catchment area, so “Tommy” would likely end up at a different school next year were his family to move. My neighbors are nice people, and I doubt they are exaggerating—and they have always been welcoming to my tenants in the past.  I rent it a bit below market with the understanding that tenants will be “easy.”の和訳をよろしくお願いします あと、were his family to moveはif his family were to moveということでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

My husband and I have been married for 11 years. My first husband died, and my grown children love "Davis" as a father. Davis is a wonderful man who took care of his kids when they were little, while his wife moved them around the country to follow a married man with whom she was having an affair. A bitter divorce followed, after which his ex turned the children against him. turned the children against himはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 次の文章の解説、お願いいたします。

いま、英語の短編小説を読んでいるのですが、分からない文章があるのです。 "Ruby was Sally’s age. They had gone through school together, but they had never been friends. In those days, Ruby had been an outrageous flirt, the first in their year to appear in eye-shadow and a smear of lipstick, and the leader in every other step towards maturity. The boys had fought battles in the playground over her and she had rewarded them with favours in the cycle shed that were whispered about with sly smiles and sniggers." この中の、最後の文章、 "she had rewarded them with favours in the cycle shed that were whispered about with sly smiles and sniggers." が、よく、分からないのです。 「ルビーは、勝者への褒美を、自転車小屋の中で、与えた。」 "in the cycle shed that were whispered about with sly smiles and sniggers" が、いまいち、分からないのです。 どなたか、ご解説をよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の翻訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1つの段落の前半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 His father was a man who was Tall, and moderately fat with large eyes and black hair and a long banana or crescent moon shaped face. A proud looking man. He had trouble with one of his knees and his leg was a bit weak or crooked. He had a hospitable and generous nature. He tried to mould the minds of his children into the right direction in life. Married late in life to a woman of superior position and his past was not so good. He could be melancholic and liked to study or read in the silence of his own chamber with a lamp, which his children were not welcome to disrupt. He was stricter and sharp with the children when they were small. but, gentler when they were older and behaved better. He could be merry, eat drink and have fun and include the children. He felt happy amongst his family and children. He was intuitive and had a spiritual side.

• run all over him

I've been dating "Grant" for a few months, though we have known each other for 20-plus years. He has two kids, ages 25 and 21, and I feel that they run all over him. Their mother died about five years ago. She and Grant had been divorced for a few years before that. His youngest son, "John," lives with him, and Grant got the boy a job at his company. I feel that he needs to stop treating the kid as if he were 15. run all over himはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My husband of 28 years has been having long, intimate text conversations with his father's hospice nurse for several months while they both are caring for my dying father-in-law. My husband does this for hours every day. I have told them that I would like one of them to stop working with my father-in-law. Neither has been willing. His whole family is standing behind this relationship and feels the two of them are wonderful for each other and a new start would be great because both are in "loveless" marriages. It is clear to me that they want to be together. They have expressed deep love for each other and have been intimate. I am brokenhearted and want out. My marriage has always been stressful and occasionally abusive. We were hanging in there, but by a string. This just seals the deal. Today, one sister is going to ask the nurse to step down. 1 want outは「関わりたくない」でしょうか?あと、by a stringは「かろうじて」でしょうか? 2 This just seals the deal.の意味を教えてください。 3 step downは「身を引く」でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• concerning ways

I am a 32-year-old woman, married with two kids. As a move toward being more present and less distracted, I want to get rid of my cellphone. I find it consuming my life in concerning ways, and I am very at peace with the choice. However, my husband has all but forbidden it. His concern for my well-being, and that of the kids, were I to venture into society unarmed with my phone is so intense it’s almost comical. He thinks that I will end up stranded, kidnapped, at gun point, all while being abducted by aliens and that I am submitting our children to the same fate when they are with me. concerning waysとここでのsubmitの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

"Pete" was a friend of mine. He was 20 years older than I and died at the age of 87. He worked hard his entire life and retired with his wife, and they lived in a small but nice house in Palm Springs. They didn't spend much money and had just enough for a comfortable retirement. Their main source of wealth was their house, which was valued at $600,000, and they owned it free and clear. I live in Los Angeles, a little more than 100 miles from Palm Springs, and we kept in touch by phone at least once a week. I would visit him in person three or four times a year. The point is that I did not keep track of Pete day to day. You can imagine my surprise when one day I woke up to find three voice messages from him saying that I must fire his new caregiver, "George." I called Pete back but could not reach him. I found out later that he had been taken to the hospital and had died several hours later, alone in the hospital room with George. I was immediately suspicious because Pete had been in excellent health, but I could prove nothing. The hospital said he died of "heart failure," and considering his advanced age, that was that. Pete left me various personal items in his will, and when I went to his house to retrieve them, I was shocked to discover that George had moved into his bedroom. George is younger than I am, but he was suddenly having an affair with Pete's widow! I was too disgusted to comment, especially by the timing. that was thatはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?あと、 by the timingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

When my fiancé and I first started dating, he confessed that he had slept with his female cousin when he was younger. (He is now 27.) I found it odd but assumed that they were teenagers when it happened. My boyfriend is now my fiancé. I recently found out that he and his cousin slept together as recently as 2007 after which they both got married. I also found out that they had an ongoing sexual relationship, not just a onetime thing. The problem is that we see this cousin fairly regularly. She always calls on him for help—particularly when she and her husband are fighting. I’m having a hard time getting over his past so that I can be comfortable with this cousin. Also, the cousin’s husband has no idea that the two of them hooked up during periods when he and the cousin were broken up. Now I am an unwitting participant in the keeping of this secret. calls on himはvisits himと同意でしょうか?あと、an unwitting participant in the keeping of this secretの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします