• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

和訳をよろしくお願いします

One of my closest friends from high school recently moved to my area (quite far from where we grew up) with her boyfriend. My husband and I went to their house for dinner to catch up and hopefully add some new people to our social circle. Everything was going very well until after dinner, when suddenly the boyfriend started spewing his racist views (using the N-word multiple times) and regaling us all with impossible tales from his childhood. The worst part is how they kept exclaiming how excited they were to finally know someone in the area and that they can’t wait to come over to our house. My husband and I agreed that we didn’t have a good time once the boyfriend started in, and we don’t want to continue or foster a close friendship with either of these people. However, I worry about the possibility of my friend breaking up with her boyfriend and not having anywhere to go. I also would be burning bridges on a nearly decadelong friendship. It doesn’t feel right. Is there a balance to be struck here? I also would be burning bridges on a nearly decadelong friendship. It doesn’t feel right. Is there a balance to be struck here? の和訳をよろしくお願いします

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数3
  • 閲覧数74
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.3
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3941)

"burning bridges" =「(旧友と自分を繋ぐ)絆を断っていく」(二人の間の架け橋を焼け落ちさせていくという意味で) I also would be burning bridges on a nearly decadelong friendship. It doesn’t feel right. Is there a balance to be struck here? 加えて私は、10年近く付き合いのある友人との絆を断つことになります。これには抵抗があります(これは正しいことだとは思えません)。どこかに妥協点を見い出せないものでしょうか?

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

• 回答No.2
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7239)

> I also would be burning bridges on a nearly decadelong friendship. It doesn’t feel right. Is there a balance to be struck here?  burn bridges という idiom は、文字通りには 「橋を焼く」 つまり敵が川を渡って来れないようにする、という意味になりますが、そこから、相手との関係を絶つ、関係を断絶する、という意味を持たせています。従って、  わたしはほぼ十年に及ぶ友人関係を終わらせてしまうかもしれません。そんなことになって欲しくないのですが、何とかする手段はないものでしょうか。 という文として読めます。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• 回答No.1

I also would be burning bridges on a nearly decadelong friendship. It doesn’t feel right. Is there a balance to be struck here?を検索すればいいだけの話

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

関連するQ&A

• 日本語にお願いします★

Or my other friend jazz what time would be good we will be boyfriend and girlfriend next weekend and meet me and my friend jazz at 7plex is 4:30 a good time to go to mihama next week friday with my friend jazz Is 4:30 a good time to hang out on Friday next week meet me and my friend in 7plex or mister donut in jusco bring money ↑ これ日本語にお願いします!!

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I am not up to sleepless nights and running after a child. http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2016/10/dear_prudence_my_boyfriend_won_t_let_me_meet_his_new_female_friend.html?via=rubric_recirc_recent 和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳おねがいします

Until one day I said to myself, " I am going to make a mark somewhere else," and I noticed that at the corner where we turned there was a wine store with Jewish initials. The next day I told him," I am not going with you. " So the old sister came running, " You will get lost. We will not be able to find you. " But I didn't listen. I walked out with my nose up, and I got to that store with the Jewish sign. I turned, and I got to my dressmaker.

• 和訳をお願いします

If you know what I mean by real friends, I prefer my man to be my friend, and his friends to be mine. この文章の意味がいまいち正確にわからないので和訳をお願いします。

• 英語をうまく和訳できません

英語をうまく和訳できません。 ネットの自動翻訳してみましたが、さっぱり意味がわかりません。 Friendship is a one way road to be traveled by two, with hand in hand, to care, to share, to forgive, and to say silently "I'm always with you". 自分の訳 → 友情と手をつないで1つの方法は二人で旅をする、 、 共有するには、許して、ケアのための暗黙のうちに"私はいつもあなたと言っている"です

• 和訳お願いします!!!

When we arrived at my college, however, the thought came to me that the creature might still be in my apartment.【 For if I feared to see him again myself, I feared even more lest Clerval should see him.】 Begging my friend to wait a minute, I ran up the stairs and threw open the door. But nothing appeared. The apartment was empty. My heart rose and I could barely believe my good fortune. この【】の文章なのですが訳し方がよくわかりません。わかる方訳を教えてください!お願いします!!!ちなみに自分で訳した訳は もし私が再び彼を見るのを恐れたら、私が彼を見るのを恐れるということ以上に Clerval が彼を見やしないかということを恐れた。

• 和訳に直してもらえませんか?

凄く長いんですが、翻訳機を使ってみたけどサッパリわからないです。 どなたかお願いします。 how are you i missed you ^_^ so what's new in your life i would like to know you better and be closer to you as a firend as a very good friend ^^ i hopes i am not impolite. if you allow me to know you better i will be very happy. i already have a friend from italy. she is like a sister for me now. i would like to make the same relation ship with some friends from japan. and may be one day we will be able to meet each other. ^_^ and share a very good coffee or tee. i would like to travel to japan some day. and i will be very happy if i can have lot of friends from there. as i did in france. where i spent 2 years for my studies. in Toulon côte d'azure. a very nice place just like okinawa. but okinawa is very beautiful too. ok i have to go back work. if you have any question about me i will be very happy to comunicate with you. very big kiss on your head and a very big hug ;) see you soon

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

usually with one or two of either my or Michael`s friends there to, because they did`nt eat dinner in there house. they always tried to keep us spending time with each other and letting us know that we could talk to them and they would still love us no matter what we did. 一応訳してはみたのですが、うまく日本語にできません どなたかお願いします。

• これを和訳出来る方いらっしゃいますか?

これを和訳出来る方いらっしゃいますか? 会話文の一節です。 I mean we really get to do what we like to do the way we want to do it, with people that we choose to be around and that are terrific.

• 和訳お願いします。

困ってます(>_<) お願いします。 another way to say get in touch with would be talk to. another way to say get in touch with would be stay away from. another way to say get in touch with would be remember and then forget. another way to say get in touch with would be connect with and undestand. According to the passage,which of the following is true about dreams? If you dream you're wearing no clothes, something embarrassing probably happened to you. If you dream you didn't study for a test, then you have nothing to worry about. another way to say look up to you would be are careful when they're with you. another way to say look up to you would be like to talk to you. another way to say look up to you would be think good things about you. another way to say look up to you would be dream about you. I have to finish this paper tonight! If I don't hand it in on time, I'll get a bad grade! I fell on the stairs, and everyone laughed at me! My life is great! I don't have any problems, and I'm really happy! Everyone else was wearing the right clothes. I just came in jeans and a T-shirt. The concert is in two days, and I haven't had much time to practice my violin.