• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

that節

My husband and I have been raising two of my grandkids: Their mothers are from my first marriage and addicted to drugs. It was rough the first few years, but I told my husband I couldn’t turn my back on the grandkids and he said that we together could do it. Fast-forward several years and he’s retired, the kids are 14 and 9, and I feel like I get punished all the time for “ruining his life and retirement” by choosing the grandkids over him. He always starts off that it was the only choice we could make, but there isn’t a day that goes by he doesn’t have a sarcastic remark about me or the grandkids’ mothers or how dishonest and horrible all women are. He always starts off thatはなぜ that節がとれるのでしょうか?何にでもとれるわけではないですよね?よろしくお願いします

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数4
  • 閲覧数67
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.4
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15193/32631)

1。He always starts off thatはなぜ that節がとれるのでしょうか?  that 節が取れる動詞は、下記のようにたくさんあります。下記にある say などを目的にした start 始めや finish 終わりの目的ではよく省略されます。  http://eigo-jouhou.com/how-to-use-that-as-a-conjunction/  ですからこれは He always starts off (by saying) that の括弧の中の say の動名詞が省略される口語の例だと思います。  もう一つ例をあげれば He always finishes off (by saying) that Trump is great 「彼は、必ずトランプは偉大だ、といって話を結ぶ」などがそうです。 2。何にでもとれるわけではないですよね?  おっしゃる通りですが上記のように取れる動詞はたくさんあります。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (3)

• 回答No.3
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率81% (8087/9979)

>He always starts off thatはなぜ that節がとれるのでしょうか?何にでもとれるわけではないですよね? ⇒He always starts off that ~「彼はいつも~などとのたまい始める」のthatは「~(など)と」の対訳に相当する接続詞です。もっとふつうの表現で言えば、He said that ~やI think that ~のthatと同じです。 ☆少し長めに内容を見てみましょう。 >He always starts off that it was the only choice we could make, but there isn’t a day that goes by he doesn’t have a sarcastic remark about me or the grandkids’ mothers or how dishonest and horrible all women are. (訳文)「彼はいつも、私たちが選べる唯一の選択肢だったんだなどとのたまい始めるが、私や孫の母親について皮肉ったり、あるいは女性はみんな不誠実で恐ろしいものだなどと、訓辞を垂れたりしない日は一日もありません」。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• 回答No.2
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7237)

> He always starts off thatはなぜ that節がとれるのでしょうか?  「うするしかなかったんだから仕方ないだろと言い始める」 ということだから、「~ と言い始める」 という文脈からして、that が置かれていても何らおかしいことはないと思います。start off というイディオムはここで自動詞の働きをしているので、後ろに文をつなげる場合に that が置かれても何もおかしなことはないと思いますが ・・・

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• 回答No.1
noname#233481
noname#233481

何にでも取れますが

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I am a married mother with two children, both in high school. But I am in love with a man who is not my husband of 21 years. "Harry" is my first love, and he came back into my life unexpectedly. He is also married. Neither of us is passionate or loving toward our spouses anymore. We both feel that we are growing apart from them. I am waiting for my children to finish high school before I make any final move. My husband still seems to believe we can be a happy couple, but I don't agree. He is unaware of my affair, but I can tell that he feels that I'm growing more distant from him every day. An additional problem, however, is that Harry seems to go through fits and starts about leaving his large family for me. Harry seems to go through fits and starts about leaving his large family for me. の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

My incredible husband of two years has a 4-year-old daughter with his ex-wife. I have actively helped raise "Christie" since she was barely a year. We haven't communicated with the mother since the time we took her to court for refusing visitation, but my husband and I have always provided for Christie in every way possible, above and beyond the court-ordered child support. We haven't communicated with the mother since the time we took her to court for refusing visitation, but my husband and I have always provided for Christie in every way possible, above and beyond the court-ordered child support.の訳をよろしくお願いします

• flew her out

My father began dating four years after my mother passed away from a terrible bout with cancer. He and I have always been close; in fact, I have always considered him to be one of my best friends. But since he started dating he has changed. I just traveled across the country for a family funeral and discovered that he has a new love in his life, and that he flew her out to see all of our extended family. My dying grandmother got to meet her, but I didn't even know her name! flew her outはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、got toはcouldに置き換えられるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• pass him off

My husband and I have a professional acquaintance I’ve never really liked—he gives me the creeps—but tolerated for our business’ sake. Whenever he calls I am polite and quickly pass him off to my husband. pass him off to my husbandはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• penetrate

My husband of 44 years has developed two medical problems that make physical relations impossible. Yes, we have sought medical advice, and there is no remedy that can help him. As such, he decided that since he cannot penetrate and complete the act, sex is completely off the table. penetrateは「挿入する」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• comings and goings

My husband and I have been married for 20 years. We've had our share of ups and downs, but always managed to work our way through them. Last year, he decided he no longer wanted to be married, saying the last 20 years were not all that pleasant and we have never really gotten along. (As far as I know, there isn't another woman.) My problem is, for the most part, he still acts like he wants to be married. He has made no attempt to leave, tells me his comings and goings, asks me to have dinner together, etc. tells me his comings and goingsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• clip coupons

Before the recession my husband and I were doing incredibly well. We both had six-figure jobs and didn’t think we’d ever have to worry about money. That all changed. First my husband lost his job, then I did. We went through our savings and had to sell most of our possessions at a loss. It was a horrible time. Things were getting better (I had found a decent job, and my husband had a firm offer) when he was diagnosed with cancer. His job offer fell through, and it was another few years of struggle. Now my husband is in remission but can’t work. I still work and will probably have to stay in the workforce well past retirement age just to make sure we are taken care of. We have downsized to the point where we are living in a small apartment, with just one car (bought used). My husband has now become incredibly frugal. I know a lot of it stems from the fact that he cannot work, and even if he can someday, he will never get the sort of pay he used to. So he “does his bit” for us by clipping coupons, watching for sales, etc. clip couponsは「クーポンを使う」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• feed into it

My husband and my mother had a good relationship before we were married. But since our wedding two years ago, he complains about her nonstop while pointing out ways that I am like her. My brothers feed into it too. feed into itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 名詞節のthatについて

I think we are all born with the gift for enjoying beautiful things ,but that we are indifferent to many of them because our attention was never called to them in childhood. 文中のthat は、名詞節のthatですが、このthatは必要なのでしょうか? that s+v is~.なら必要だと思いますが、ここでの必要性が理解できません。

• よろしくお願いします

My mother is truly unhinged. After my dad died, my mom sold their condo and moved in with us. It’s been more than seven years now. She hates my husband and has always had issues with co-workers, neighbors, friends, and family members. Her own sister hasn’t spoken to her in 25 years. I’m an only child, so I’ve always felt I have to just suck it up and deal, but her narcissistic ways have caused me to hate her behavior and, truthfully, to hate her. Mom is a young sixtysomething but extremely lazy and rarely leaves the house. Recently, one of my aunts told me that my mother seems to be obsessed with the idea of having my husband arrested. If he so much as drops a glass and curses in frustration, she’s going to call the cops and report him for violence (the last thing he could ever be). the last thing he could ever beの意味を教えてください。後に何か省略されているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします