• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

It’s more that

I’ve been a really bad friend. Last year, I was in a bad living situation. My best friend owns several properties and helped me out; he asked a long-term tenant to leave, refurbished the whole apartment, and then offered it to me at a steep discount so I could afford it. It’s literally the most beautiful, spacious place I have ever lived in. This coincided with a very intense romantic relationship I was caught up in—which, of course, broke up spectacularly when he stole my stuff and left the country. I realize now that I was really thoughtless. My friend did a lot of the renovations himself and spent thousands of dollars on necessary (but much-appreciated) upgrades. At the time, I was so focused on my relationship that I didn’t even think about pitching in. And now, looking back, I didn’t show up once to clean or paint, or even just bring dinner and say thank you. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve tried to be a good tenant and show my gratitude. He’s never said anything about it, and I don’t think he holds it against me. It’s more that I realized I really dropped the ball. It’s more thatはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数116
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2664/3930)

"It's more that ~" 「そのことよりもむしろ ~」 だと思います。 He’s never said anything about it, and I don’t think he holds it against me. It’s more that I realized I really dropped the ball. 彼はその件(彼がアパートメントを改装している間、自分が彼に一切協力しなかったこと)について何も触れたことはなく、実際、彼は私のことを責めてはいないと思います。私が気にしているのは、そのことよりもむしろ、私が大変な失態を犯したということです。 ⇒ 話者は、彼がどう思っているかということよりも、自責の念の強さに苦悩しているようです。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• turn it around on me

In the 20 years I've been with my partner, I've had suspicions that he's cheated. Whenever I confront him, he becomes angry and tries to turn it around on me. turn it around on meはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• Until that moment all...

Until that moment all the maps he had known had located Japan in the middle of the picture and had colored it red ; yet when he got to Britain he found that the country in the middle of the map was Britain and that it, too, was painted red. the country in the middle of the map was Britain and that it, too, was painted redの部分は過去完了形になふのではないですか。

• 接続詞thatの繰り返し

以下の文の中で、thatが二回出てくるのと、thatを一度しか使わないのとの意味上の違いはどうなるのでしょうか。 1・1   The player told me that Mr.Akiyama was a good coach and that he took good care of their team. 1・2  The player told me that Mr.Akiyama was a good coach and I can see he takes good care of their team. 2・1 He said that he had sat up very late wathing TV and that now he was tired. 2・2 He said that he had sat up very late wathing TV and now he was tired.

• It-that構文についておしえてください

並べ替え問題で It was the control of fire (and the use of clothing that allowed humans to settle )in the cold northern areas. というぶんで (  )のところが単語がバラバラでならべかえもんだいなのですがどうしても、 and the use of clothing allowed that humans to settle )in the cold northern areas. ではないか、とおもえてきあmす。 以下のことを可能にした、、だから allowed that かな、、と どうして、 答えはそうならないのでしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。

• 意味を教えてください

A few months ago, I started dating a really great guy. I consider it my first “adult relationship.” I had a handful of flings in college, but either I’d be trying to force the situation to fit a narrative in my head that wasn’t really happening (i.e., the guy didn’t like me that much), or I’d be detached and uninterested enough that whoever I was seeing couldn’t hurt me if he was uninterested too (which often ended in my discovering deeper feelings and getting hurt, anyway). force the situation to fit a narrative in my headの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• It is(was) ~thatの強調構文

以下の強調構文について質問があります。 (   )部分を強調しなさいという文です。 (1)He first met her (in Paris). (2)I will take my sister (to the bus station) tonight. それぞれ (1)It was in Paris that he first met her. (2)It is to the bus station that I will take my sister tonight. でしょうか。 それとも (1)It was Paris that he first met her. (2)It is the bus station that I will take my sister tonight. でしょうか。 日本語で考えると 「(1)彼が最初に彼女に会ったのは、パリでした。」 「(2)私が今晩妹を連れて行くのはバス停です」 ですよね。 でもそうすると、細かいのですが「in」と「to」を訳してないことになりますよね。 私が最初に考えた答えは、問題の指示通りにちゃんと「in」と「to」を残して(最初のほうの答えです)、日本語訳にするならば、上記のような感じで訳するのかなーと思ったのですが。。。。 どなたかお力を貸してください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• it ではなくthatの理由を教えてください。

it ではなくthatの理由を教えてください。 Ted was sad because he was going to change schools. When he told his friends about that, ......... 最後の about thatはabout itだと思いました。「he was going to change schools」これをitに置き換えて about itとするべきではないのでしょうか? 他のと比べてみて何が違うかわかりません。 But they didn't clean the place and went home. Masako saw it and became very sad. ここはsaw itな理由はわかります。they didn't clean the place and went homeを当てはめることができますから。同じように上の文もitだと思いました。

• While I was at itの訳について

以下の文章の「While I was at it」について質問があります。 1.itとは、seeze up a stormをさしているのでしょうか? 2.inではなくatが使われているのは、くしゃみをするのは一瞬だからでしょうか? 3の訳は、どのような訳になるのでしょうか? 「it was on to pick up my refill」 To begin with, I needed to get some medications for my allergies. I’ve got hay fever, so I’m sneezing up a storm every morning when I wake up. While I was at it, I also got some antacids and some Band-Aids. Now it was on to pick up my refill.

• If that does it

I have been friends with “Jon” for four years. He’s a great guy but not my type. Four months ago Jon got drunk, confessed his undying love for me, and tried to kiss me. I gently rejected him and got someone else to sober him up. The next day, Jon apologized. I told him I valued our friendship and since then, our things have gone back to normal—but several of our mutual friends are pressuring me to give Jon a chance. They ignore my refusals and try to sell me on him. One got very angry when I started dating someone new and accused me of stringing Jon along. I was honest with Jon, and I have tried to be kind (I don’t complain to him about my love life or anything). I have asked Jon several times if we are OK, and he said yes, but all this interference from our friends has left me with doubts. Jon and I have plans to go to France this summer with another friend, and I have spent a lot of money on nonrefundable tickets. Should I ignore all this or press Jon for more details? —Pining I don’t think it’s Jon you need to speak to right now. It’s possible that he’s been pretending to be fine while secretly complaining to your friends, but that’s not at all certain, and the people whose behavior is bothering you right now are your mutual friends—so tell them to knock it off. “I’ve been very clear with Jon from the start that I care about him as a friend and I’m not interested in him romantically. I’m not stringing him along, but I’m also tired of your attempts to convince me I ought to want to be with him. I don’t know why you think it would be a good start to a romantic relationship for one party to have to be repeatedly talked into it. I certainly don’t. You need to stop.” If that does it, great! If that does itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• occurの意味とAnd it would occur that whenのitとthatの指すものは?

And his sons went and held a banquet at the house of each one on his own day; and they sent and invited their three sisters to eat and drink with them. And it would occur that when the banquet days had gone round the circuit, Job would send and sanctify them; and he got up early in the morning and offered up burnt sacrifices according to the number of all of them; for, said Job, “maybe my sons have sinned and have cursed God in their heart.” That is the way Job would do always. という英文を訳さねばなりませんが、この2文目の前半の訳し方を教えてください。occurの意味とその前後のitとthatの訳し方に苦戦してます。 宿題の説話の英訳ですが、聖書の一文のようです。 お願いします。