• ベストアンサー

this coming year

I’m from the East Coast and am trying to decide where I want to live this coming year. this coming yearとはいつのことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9715/12083)
回答No.1

>this coming yearとはいつのことでしょうか? ⇒「来年」と同じでしょう。 ではなぜ、next yearと言わないか。 「どこに住もうか決めようとしている現在」との間に断絶があるように感じるからではないかと思います。その点、this coming yearと言えば、「直近、今の続き」の意味合いが込められている感じがあるんでしょうね。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• this past year

The reunion became an annual thing, and she keeps trying to talk to me about this, so this past year I simply did not go. this past yearは「この一年」でいいでしょうか?the past yearと何か違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• from ear to earの使い方

ハリーポッターの秘密の部屋(HARRY POTTER and the Chamber of Secrets)の29ページ9から10行目 ”The Weasleys roared with laughter and Harry settled back in his seat,grinning from ear to ear.” from ear to earで口を大きく開けてという意味らしいですが、辞書の例文もgrinを使っているし、grinとセットで使うものなのでしょうか?日本語の「笑う」に相当する単語はsmileやlaughがありますが、この二つではどうなのでしょうか? 笑っていなくても、例えば「open your mouth from ear to ear 」と言ったりはするのですか?

• grant-funded

My husband and I want to have kids soon. The problem is that my job is grant-funded from year to year, so it's unclear what my situation will be next year at this time. grant-funded from year to yearはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• successive year

About five years ago I asked my sisters-in-law if we could move the annual Christmas family gathering from a Sunday to a Saturday so that one of my kids could attend. He lives quite a distance away and would have to miss work on the Monday after if he attended the party. None of the others would miss a day of work because they live locally. The response was: "No, this is the day we always do it." Each successive year, I made this request when the advance email came out, and I was repeatedly refused. Each successive yearの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• coming at this backwards

映画オデッセイからの一節ですが、JPL勤務のRich Purnellが、火星にとり残されたマーク(マットデーモン)を救出する方法を考えついたシーンでRichの上司が寝ていたRICHを起こし、 Sorry, but they are asking for the prove courses. Look, I know we're coming at this backwards.. But we can't commit to a firm launch date with this many unknowns. と言います。ここでwe're coming at this backwards.がどう言うことなのかがよくわかりません。backwardsとはこの場合どうゆうことなのでしょうか。解説を願い致します。

• coming in records ..........

He was this perfect fusion of the older, deeper sound and this smooth sound coming in on records from Chicago. 音楽の話です。wasからcomingにつながのでしょうか。意味はなんとなくつかめるのですが、はっきりしません。訳をおねがいします。

• よろしくお願いします

I use to be obese, and this academic year has been the first one where I am now on the path to being healthy. My grades from first marking period were poor in major part due to the depression and self-confidence I lacked due to my weight, and my poor attempts at fad dieting. marking periodとin majorとfad dietingの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• thatとtheの発音

字幕なしで英語の番組を見ているとたまに、thatかtheかわからない時があります。 theとthatの使い方がちゃんとわかってないからでしょうか。 ちょうどさっき見た子供向けのアニメで、 遠くから何か音が聞こえてきて、 Let's find the sound!! I need your help to check some out and find out. Where this sound is coming from? Where do we go to find this sound? みたいな台詞がありました。 聴こえたように書いただけなのでおかしいかもしれません。 Where "the" sound is coming from? Where do we go to find "the" sound? ではだめですか? それと、There's ( ) sound again??(この文章ありえますか?) ( )がtheのようなthatのようなaのような。。。 何回聞いても聞き取れませんでした。 theにする時とthisやthatにする時の違いがわかりません。 自分で文を考える時も迷ってしまいます。

• 英での使いわけ教えてください

want to とlook toはどんなふうに使い分けるのでしょうか? I'm looking to buy a car some time this year. I want to buy a car some time this year. 違いを教えてください。

• 訳を手伝ってくれませんか??(2)

In my opinion, why argue at all? I can't say that you're right in your beliefs and I can't say that I am either. It's just not possible in my mind. But then, yes, I have experienced some of the feelings you mentioned in your letter. What's the point? Coming from someone who likes to think there is something out there, but realize that I am not sure - We're here to live together and to choose how to live in this society. I don't know what else there is, and I have accepted not knowing. こんにちは、アメリカ人からのメールですが、 (1)一行目のwhy argue at all?が全くわかりません(>_<) (2)What's the point? ポイントは何だっけ?というかんじでしょうか? (3) Coming from someone who l ikes to think there is something out there, but realize that I am not sureは全くわかりません<(_ _)>すみませんがどなたかアドバイスお願いします。