Should I be concerned?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Talk to your girlfriend about this. You don’t have to open with “we haven’t used this vibrator together and now I’m anxious about whether you want to have sex with me or might cheat,” but she may very well have no idea that this has brought up so many feelings of insecurity and anxiety for you.
  • It’s possible that the “dead batteries” line was an excuse to avoid something she didn’t know how to discuss at the time, and it’s also possible that the batteries really were dead and she didn’t consider the matter urgent.
  • Tell her what you want rather than hoping she will offer it without prompting. Whatever the outcome, you have to share what you’re thinking, what you’re afraid of, and what you want with her.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

she may very well

Q. Should I be concerned?: My girlfriend recently bought a vibrator for us to use together (we’re both women). However, it’s been a couple months and we haven’t used it together once. We have had sex several times, but once we were in bed and I suggested we use it and she said it had dead batteries. Should it upset or worry me that she is clearly using it on her own time? I don’t want to be controlling of her body. We are always together—it’s not as if I’m away on trips and she is lonely—so why wouldn’t she just initiate sex with me rather than using the vibrator? It makes me feel scared and offended—is she not satisfied by me? What’s next, cheating? I know how ridiculous that may sound, but it’s just a fear and I don’t know how to handle this. A: Talk to your girlfriend about this. You don’t have to open with “we haven’t used this vibrator together and now I’m anxious about whether you want to have sex with me or might cheat,” but she may very well have no idea that this has brought up so many feelings of insecurity and anxiety for you. It’s possible that the “dead batteries” line was an excuse to avoid something she didn’t know how to discuss at the time, and it’s also possible that the batteries really were dead and she didn’t consider the matter urgent. Tell her what you want rather than hoping she will offer it without prompting. (For what it’s worth, masturbation and sex are not the same thing; the fact that your girlfriend sometimes masturbates with a vibrator is not necessarily a referendum on how she feels about having sex with you. If your sex life is otherwise satisfying, then I think this is a fear you can let go of.) Whatever the outcome, you have to share what you’re thinking, what you’re afraid of, and what you want with her. she may very wellの訳は「彼女が~するものもわかる」でしょうか?あと、ここでの referendumの訳し方を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4073/5300)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.1

(それにしてなんちゅう相談と回答だろう) she may very well は > she may very wellの訳は「彼女が~するものもわかる」でしょうか? これは、相談の主が彼女に直接彼女がどう思っているのか聞いた時に、実際には彼女がどう思っているかの可能性の話なので、意味は上の通りですが訳は工夫が必要です。 but she may very well have no idea that this has brought up so many feelings of insecurity and anxiety for you. 「でも彼女がこのことがあなたにいろいろ不安な気持ちや心配を与えているなんて思いもしていないなんていうことは言う事は十分あるでしょうね。」 referendumは、こう言う使い方をしているのははじめてみましたが、referendumの意味が国や自治体の意思や方向性を決めるための住民投票、なのでここでは、一人でバイブレーターを使うことが、二人でsexをすることに対して彼女がどうしたかを決める、意思の判断にはならないだろうと言うことで、「意思の判断」で良いかと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

My girlfriend recently bought a vibrator for us to use together (we’re both women). However, it’s been a couple months and we haven’t used it together once. We have had sex several times, but once we were in bed and I suggested we use it and she said it had dead batteries. Should it upset or worry me that she is clearly using it on her own time? Should it upset or worry me that she is clearly using it on her own time?の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願い致します

I know we've spent some time together and I like hanging out with you, but since it's mostly been when we're drunk and after being out with other friends, I have thought of it as us being friends and having fun time together. I hope you are okay with that and you don't feel awkward.

• well-attuned

My boyfriend and I have been together for just under a year, and we’re generally communicative and well-attuned to one another. Over the last three months, after countless conversations about ground rules, we’ve opened it up. It’s been both good and bad as this is our first time in an open relationship and we’re figuring things out. well-attunedとwe’ve opened it upの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• that/Itsの使い分けがわからないんです。

例えば文で、So what I'd like you to do is to fill this out and write down any diseases you have that you might want covered and I'll see what I can do.という文があって、 返答するときに、We can't write our diseases down for you because that's confidential.とありますか、that'sではなく、It'sではだめですか? それは、極秘なんだ。みたいな返答だとして これは、極秘なんだ。というふうにいうとして、it's confidential という使い方はできますか? 使いわけがよけできなくて困っています。 詳細に説明していただけませんか?お願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Guitarist Dean DeLeo told The Pulse Of Radio that despite the drama, the remaining members did not want to diminish what the original group achieved. "We are very aware of what the four of us created together," he said. "When the four of us were together and we made records and we made music, the end result was pretty good. I was usually pretty satisfied with it. But getting there was miserable. But you know, I'm very proud and very honored to have made these musical contributions with the four of us, and I think it's important that we recognize that, you know."

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-16(4)

今回多くて申し訳ございません。 4つものシーンでわからない部分があり、手こずってます... It's just gonna have to stay in No one's come up to you and said, "Hi, is that your nostril? Mind if we push this pot roast through it?" こちらの部分がわかりません。 解読お願いいたします。 ■シチュエーション■ 出産の仕方を映像で見たキャロルが、私にはこんなのとてもできないわ、と言っているシーン CAROL: This is impossible. It's just impossible. SUSAN: What is, honey? CAROL: What that woman did. I am not doin' that. It's just gonna have to stay in. That's all, everything will be the same, it'll just stay in. ROSS: Carol, honey, shhh, everything's gonna be all right. CAROL: What do you know? No one's come up to you and said, "Hi, is that your nostril? Mind if we push this pot roast through it?"

• has it together that well

I think we should start by acknowledging that we all have insecurities, especially when it comes to sex. We can all say we’re perfectly well-rounded and confident, but no one has it together that well. ここでのwell-roundedと has it together that wellの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• what の意味について

2人の会話が以下のようにあります。 Angela: Ugh! I hate talking to Rebecca. Every time I ask her a question, she ignores me or sneers at me. Ronny: Are you sure it’s not your imagination? She’s perfectly nice to me. Angela: It’s not my imagination. When I try to tell her something, she cuts me off. When I try to explain something to her, she’s short with me or talks over me. I always get the feeling that she’s looking down her nose at me. Ronny: Maybe she feels threatened by you. Angela: How so? Ronny: You’re younger, smarter, and better educated. She might feel like you’re after her job. Angela: But I’m not! I just started here and I don’t have any designs on replacing her. Ronny: And you’re prettier than she is. Angela: What does that have to do with anything, even if it were true? とまだ次に続くのですが、最後の文の “What does that have to do with anything, even if it were true?” は、 “What does that have to do with ~?” で、「~とどういう関係があるのか」という言い回しがあるようですが、 What と、that を文法的に教えていただきたいのです。 have to do with =~と関係がある という意味ですが、 先の疑問文を通常文(肯定文)にしたらどうなるのでしょうか。 that は、She(Angela) is prettier than she(Rebecca) is. を指し、 what は、この場合は漠然とした意味でsomething 又はit と考え、 That have something ( 又は it?) to do wiht something. としました。 疑問文にすると、that (AngelaがRebeccaよりもかわいい)ということで、「何と」(haveの後のsomething)、「何か」(withの後のsomething)がと関係あるのか? ちなみに、解説では、 “What does that have to do with anything, even if it were true?”meaning why is that important that I may be prettier than she is. とあります。 あまり質問が上手に説明できていませんが、よろしくお願いいたします。

• Man 1 の最後の文を和訳してください。。

Man1: This again? Son of a bitch. Taking my money like that, you cheating dogs. Why, the only reason you can even live here is 'cause of what I've done. I busted my tail to dig that gate. Man2: For criminy's sakes, you always say the same thing when you're losing. We all dug that gate together, and you know it. Man3: Yeah, we did. We worked like there was no tomorrow. Man1: And what have we got to show for it?!

• ショーン・キングストンBeautiful girlの和訳

ショーン・キングストンの「Beautiful girl」の歌詞の和訳が知りたいのでわかる方がいたらぜひ教えていただけませんか? できるだけ早く知りたいのでお時間のよろしい方はよろしくお願いいたします。(一部でもよろしいです) <歌詞> You're way too beautiful girl That's why it'll never work You'll have me suicidal, suicidal When you say it's over Damn all these beautiful girls They only wanna do your dirt They'll have you suicidal, suicidal When they say it's over Verse 1: See it started at the park Used to chill at the dark Oh when you took my heart That's when we fell apart Coz we both thought That love lasts forever (lasts forever) They say we're too young To get ourselves sprung Oh we didn't care We made it very clear And they also said That we couldn't last together (last together) Refrain: See it's very define, girl One of a kind But you mush up my mind You walk to get declined Oh Lord... My baby is driving me crazy (Repeat Chorus) Verse 2: It was back in '99 Watchin' movies all the time Oh when I went away For doin' my first crime And I never thought That we was gonna see each other (see each other) And then I came out Mami moved me down South Oh I'm with my girl Who I thought was my world It came out to be That she wasn't the girl for me (girl for me) (Repeat Refrain and Chorus) Verse 3: Now we're fussin' And now we're fightin' Please tell me why I'm feelin' slightin' And I don't know How to make it better (make it better) You're datin' other guys You're tellin' me lies Oh I can't believe What I'm seein' with my eyes I'm losin' my mind And I don't think it's clever (think it's clever) You're way too beautiful girl That's why it'll never work You'll have me suicidal, suicidal, suicidal...