What does it mean to walk away when you're close to achieving your goals?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the meaning behind the phrase 'walking away now when I am two years or less from partner seems stupid'
  • Understand the dilemma of feeling burnt out despite being successful and on track to achieve your goals
  • Learn about the internal struggle of wanting to continue working hard versus the desire for a break
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

意味を教えてください

I am a Type-A personality, very competitive and goal-oriented. I took the hardest classes in school, received two degrees in college, and started working 80-hour weeks at 23 as a consultant—and loved my life. Now I am 36, successful, with a loving family and on track to make partner in the next year or two. My problem? I suddenly find myself waking up and not wanting to do anything. I guess you could call it burnout, but I am not unhappy, just ... lazy. After working so hard for pretty much my entire life, my logical side says walking away now when I am two years or less from partner seems stupid. walking away now when I am two years or less from partner seems stupid.の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4118/5352)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

walking away now when I am two years or less from partner seems stupid.の意味を教えてください。  後二年かそれ以内で、パートナー(=法律事務所なら最高の地位)になろうという時に(仕事を辞めるのは)愚かに見える

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (2)

• ILFocus
  • ベストアンサー率36% (17/47)
回答No.3

くだけた書き方ですが、 walking away now [= when I am two years or less from partner] seems stupid. としか読めないですね。 SPS700さんがすでに訳されているとおりです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。

• koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.2

私の論理的な部分が、パートナー(コンサルタント事務所などの)になることが馬鹿げて見えるまで、後二年かそれいかの、今、仕事を辞めろとささやく。 ニュアンスを説明すると、 どうせパートナーになっても、それが馬鹿げていると感じるだろう。 と言う予測があって、 そうなるまでに後二年かそれいないに自分がいる その今、walk away しろ。 from と partnerの間にwhenが省略されていると思います。fromは時系列を表すときに、~するまで、と後に起ることまでどれくらいの時間かと言うときに使われます。個人的には違和感はあるのですが良く出てきます。 walk awayは、その場を立ち去る、逃げ出す、放棄するですが、この場合は文脈的には仕事を辞めるでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 意味を教えてください

I am 31, recently out of a 12-year relationship (and three-year marriage), and am at a loss. While I was chubby when my ex and I started dating, my weight became an issue of contention near the end of my marriage. I’d like to have kids, and would therefore like to start dating, maybe find someone to have a family with. I feel short of time given that I spent all of my 20s in a relationship that didn’t work out in that way. I am clinically obese though I’ve been told that I am attractive and carry it well. Should I wait until I lose the approximately 30 pounds that I need to lose to be at a normal weight, or can I realistically date now? I know this is a strange question and somewhat individual but while I sometimes chat with people on dating apps like Tinder or OKCupid (my pics are recent and accurate, though flattering), I tend to dodge out before making plans to meet because I am nervous about reactions to my weight. carry it wellとdodge outの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am a semiretired professional in a high-tech field, and my services are in demand. I work from home. Other demands on my time are housekeeping (I only do as much as I want, because we have help and money) and babysitting—my husband and I have two lovely grandchildren. Other demands on my timeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am 56 years old. When I was 44, my wife and I divorced after 17 years of marriage. I think we were lovely parents to two amazingly independent and strong daughters. They are now 22 and 26. I feel that I was married at the perfect age, 28, and my wife was 25. We had a very good run, and we did a good job of co-parenting after we divorced, ここでのrunはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 簡単におおよその意味を教えてください。

In the other hand I'm sad about your decision to block me for your auctions,because as I sayed I'm an old and happy customer of yours. As you can see I'm a seller too and I want to be honest with all of my actions at ebay or in my everyday life. I could not lie to you to get back the 40$ if the razor was ok. I'm not that kind of cheep person,I have values in my life. The words you sayed to me seems more than an action of blackmail or revenge than words of a professional atitude seller.

• 意味を宜しくお願いしす

Before I started dating this guy, I was single for about a year, and during that time I tried to think about what hadn’t satisfied me in my previous relationships and what I wanted in a partner going forward. what I wanted in a partner going forwardの 意味を宜しくお願いしす( going forwardがわかりません)。

• 以下の英文の意味を教えてください。ヨロシクお願いします。

以下の英文の意味を教えてください。ヨロシクお願いします。 At the age of fifty, and with a dozen or so books published, it does not see tautologous to say that I write because I am a writer. To stop writing, not to write, is now unthinkable―or perhaps it is the secret fear to assuage which one goes on writing. My sense of my own identity is so intimately connected with my writing that if I ceased to write I should become, in Orwellian language, an unperson to myself.

• pull me down

I am a young guy in university undergoing a gender transition. Since coming out at the start of this academic year, I have never been so centered and calm — and I am happy with life. I have finally gotten to a point where I can allow myself to get into a serious relationship with someone who truly respects my identity and sees me as nothing but male. The only issue I have is that my mum is in total denial. She has known now for two and a half years but will not respect my pronouns or my new name. I tried to bring her along in the transition from the beginning, but after two years trying to convince her this is real, I couldn't wait any longer and I finally started hormones. All of our arguments center on her being uncomfortable with my transition. It's framed as concern for me. My mum has never been happy in her life, and I cannot allow her to pull me down with her. I struggle terribly knowing that I am betraying her perception of me and taking away her little girl. But this is who I am; I can't do anything about it. The stuff she says is offensive and wrong and try as I might to understand, I am losing respect for her. pull me downと try as I might to understandはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am 15, have ADHD, and am currently enrolled in an online school and taking a college course. My father is in the last stages of ALS, more commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. He has a tracheotomy and everything. A few months ago we moved to a new state because my father is dying and we want him to spend his last days with his family. I have been living with this for five years now. I don’t really have too many experiences making friends; I either get down shot, dropped, their parents get in the way, or they just don’t call. I have made a few online friends, but none IRL. It never really impacted me as much as one would think, but for the last few years I have been keeping to my thoughts a lot. I may also have a certain form of autism (HF) as well. I either get down shot, droppedとkeeping to my thoughtsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

My father is 74 years old and in poor health. I only see him a couple of times a year because I am so busy these days between work and kids, and his health no longer permits him to travel to my home to visit. We are going to see him soon, and I have scheduled an in-studio photo session with a professional photographer for the first afternoon that we are going to be in town. My dad said he was willing to get photos taken with our boys. Here’s my dilemma: I don’t want my stepmother in the photos, and I’m searching for a diplomatic way to communicate this to him. Long story short: They have been married for 26-plus years, and she and I have never had a good relationship, but in the past 15 months or so, things have deteriorated to a point where I do not speak to her (unless absolutely necessary) and have decided to have no relationship with her going forward. for the first afternoon that we are going to be in townとgoing forwardの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

What is proper when hosting guests from out of state? In a few months, two different relatives will be visiting me separately, each for two weeks. For years it has been my custom to go to church early on Sunday and then to brunch with friends. I don't mind giving up the brunch, but I don't want to miss church for an entire month. (I'm a widow now and I enjoy the fellowship.) hosting guestsとI enjoy the fellowshipの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします