• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

以下の英文の意味を教えてください。ヨロシクお願いします。

以下の英文の意味を教えてください。ヨロシクお願いします。 At the age of fifty, and with a dozen or so books published, it does not see tautologous to say that I write because I am a writer. To stop writing, not to write, is now unthinkable―or perhaps it is the secret fear to assuage which one goes on writing. My sense of my own identity is so intimately connected with my writing that if I ceased to write I should become, in Orwellian language, an unperson to myself.

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数2
  • 閲覧数215
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.2

現在50歳、そして今まで12冊以上の本を出版した経験を持つ者が、自分は物書きだから物を書くと言っても類語反復にはならないだろう。書く事を辞める、書かない生活、それは今となっては考えられない。もしくは、心の何処かで書かない事に満足してしまう恐怖心が、自分を突き動かしているのかもしれない。私の一個人としての自覚は物を書く事に非常に強い繋がりを持っている。もし私が書く事を辞めるとしたら、オーウェリアン風に言えば、自分の人間性を失う事になるだろう。 “see tautologous” は “seem tautologous” ですね。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

関連するQ&A

• 【英語】添削お願いします  大学でやりたいこと

添削お願いします、テーマは大学でやりたいことです。  I want to study how to speak English well at the college. I have studied mainly how to write and read it since I was twelve. So, I'm very poor at listening and speaking it. Indeed it is important to be able to write and read, because the capacity is necessary when I read books or papers and to copy what a professor is writing on a blackboard. However, if I can't listen or speak, I can't communicate with others when I go abroad. I think it is not practical only to be able to write and read. That's why, I want to enhance my capacity of listening and speaking English.

• 添削お願いします

I learnt a lot of (various) things about writing through this class, and it is my first time to write paper that has so many pages. I read some articles that related with my own thinking, and I connected it with my paper. By doing this, my thinking became more understanding for my audience. 「このクラスを通して、”書く”ことについて様々なことを学び、このようなペーパーを書いたのは初めて(の経験)だ。自分の思考に関連するいくつ化の文献を読み、それをわたしのペーパーに結びつけました。そうすることで聴衆によりわたしの考えを理解してもらえるようになりました。」 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。

• 英文和訳お願いします。

英文和訳お願いします。 In general, my music is just quiet because it’s not the kind of music that is supposed to be loud, there is not really anything more to it than that. It would be pretty silly to blast strings and piano at 105db. こちらなのですが、英文和訳をお願いします。どうもthere is not really anything more to it than that.のあたりが不明で・・・。

その他の回答 (1)

• 回答No.1
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (14906/31758)

歳は五十、出した本は12冊ばかり、私は物書きだから、物を書くというのは(当たり前でべつに)重複とは見えない。  書くのを辞め、書かないということは、今では考えられない ーー というか書き続けるということは、(私は)書くことを抑えるのを密かに恐れているのかもしれない。  私自身の有り様は、物を書くことと切っても切り離せない程絡まり合っているので、ジョージオーウェルの言葉を借りれば、私が書くことを辞めたら、私は、私にとって「不人間」というか、人間ではなくなるのだ。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

関連するQ&A

• 入試問題の英文の構造

英文の解説をお願いします。 解答の和訳はついていますが、 文の構造がわかりません。 What makes writing so terrifying is the writer's perpetual exposure to cricicism. (書くことがそんなに恐ろしいのは、作家は常に批判にさらされるからである。) It is not the writing as such that provokes our fear so much as other people's reactions to our writing. (書くことそのものよりも、自分の書いたことに対する他人の反応が、私たちに  恐怖を起こさせる。) ヒントとして「not~so much as の構文に注意。」 第2文の訳し方がわかりません。      as such はどういう意味で使われていますか。      asとsuchの品詞は?      not~so much asーーの直訳はどうなりますか。 御願します。

• 以下の英文の和訳をお願いします。

It seems churlish to say it when so many years of dedicated work have gone into DARE(※) , but it is hard to escape the conclusion that it is not truly comprehensive. ※=アメリカ地域語辞典 です

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

All of this of course is an assumption that you have made about people. * An appearance before your very eyes that does not exist, in that it does not need to exist.* For the veil which separates you, is a veil that is not of true nature. この*~*の意味がよくわからないのですが、特に in that というのは、in appearance と言う意味なんでしょうか? その後の it もappearance を指しているのでしょうか?

• 英文添削をお願いします。

英文添削をお願いします。 28th September ‘10 I considered to make good use of an unused ground today. This work is enjoyable for me, but I think whether it is necessary for our project or not. And I have a question whether all of my bosses have same aim or not. I think it’s not important for me whether the plan will be used or not, it’s important to make my bosses understand my aim. But I am worried whether it makes them change their though or not.

• 英文の邦訳をお願いします。

It is also clear that the problems of congealing diffuse outsider shareholdings, to discipline the management of the largest corporations when the need arises, is not so formidable, because these shareholdings are not so diffusely owned as is often supposed. 上記英文の邦訳をお願いいたします。

• この英文の意味を教えてはいただけないでしょうか?

こんにちは。 お世話になります。 英語初学者です。 下記に挙げます英文の意味が分からず、困り果てております。 And my dogs,my big wonderful dogs running everyshere, getting their muddy paws on every couch, chair, divan, and ottoman in sight so that it is simply not possible to sit down without getting spittle or mud on one's clothing. 一体、何と書かれているのでしょうか? 特に、so thatの意味がよく分りません。 どなたか、お力を貸してはいただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願い申し上げます。

• 英文について解説をお願いします。

Some writers who do not think clearly are inclined to suppose that their thoughts have a significance greater than at first sight appears. It is flattering to believe that they are too profound to be expressed so clearly that all who run may read, and very naturally it does not occur to such writers that the fault is with their own minds which have not the faculty of precise reflection. (The Summing Up by W. S Maugham) It is flattering to~から始まる英文の中にある" so clearly that all who run may read"の個所について質問があります。 *ここはso that ~may構文なのでしょうか?(~が・・・できるように) so "clear" that~となっているのでよくわからないのですが。 * all who run(走るすべての人?)の表現が掴みにくいのですが。 解説いただけないでしょうか。

• 英文添削お願いします。

英文添削お願いします。 30th September ‘10 The first half of fiscal year will be over at today. I feel that time run out before I finish anything. But I will go writing my diary in English. I wonder how much this diary make my English ability improve? My defect is what I want a result. So I just enjoy reading, writing and hearing English now. But I spent a lot of time to write this diary.

• 英文で解らない所があるので、お願いします

私が知り合いに「日本人の性格の弱さ」について語ったところ、以下のような英文で彼の考えを述べて来ました。 このうち、I think traits of great strength and bouts of demise and " weakness" can only be the " natural " character for a society like Japan. のbouts of demiseが全く何を言ってるのか解りません。彼に説明を求める前に、ここで皆さんの解釈を知りたいと思いますので宜しくお願い致します。その他何か参考になることがありましたら解説して下さい。 Japanese are not educated to stand apart , to go it individually , to say " no" to their masters , their bosses. Only that aspect looks somehow " weak" to me , judging from my Western point of view... This disabilty or unwillingness to question societal convention is very Japanese to my eyes. Very stifling indeed.....the consequence is that the individual faces a steep uphill battle to succeed in Japan ....probably societal pressure is so strong that most Japanese " run away" from this uphill battle , ...get depressed , or suicidal , or lock themselves up in a room for years. Most Japanese tell themselves that after 40 years doing the same skill or job , they are " still learning".....that is proof of total capitulation to the societal expectation , it is not even a realistic proposition , it erases your personal value....but it feels " safe" to say , .....maybe that is weak after all?? I think traits of great strength and bouts of demise and " weakness" can only be the " natural " character for a society like Japan. Until there is a major large societal shift that forces society into another direction.....that is written in future still unknown history. ...And that change would probably come from outside , from a changing world order..

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しました。発送はいつですか?インボイスは完成しましたか?と質問していました。返事がきたんですがちょっと意味がわかりません。 すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 I am sorry for not getting back to you any earlier but your order has not been packed yet. My regular packer is not here, he will be in tomorrow so I am hoping to have your order ready by the end of this week. I will put the sticker on with the country of origin on and on the invoice as well. Is there any other documents that should be presented to the customs or is it just the invoice with the country of origin?