What Does 'Handicapped Tag' Mean? How to Respond to Comments About Disability

このQ&Aのポイント
  • This article discusses the meaning of the term 'handicapped tag' and provides guidance on how to respond to comments about disability.
  • The term 'handicapped tag' refers to a parking placard or permit that is issued to individuals with disabilities. Not all disabilities are visible, and it is important to remember that it is not the general public's job to monitor the need for these tags.
  • When strangers confront you about your disability, you are not obligated to explain anything to them. It is their ignorance and insensitivity that prompts such comments. When friends don't understand, it can be helpful to educate them about invisible disabilities and the challenges they pose.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

Q. Not faking it: I am currently disabled. I’ve worked my way up to being up and about for an hour to two each day. Whenever I go out, people say the oddest things to me. Today, when I parked my car, a man came up and said suspiciously, “You don’t look disabled.” I said I just had surgery and rushed away. This happens almost any time I use my handicapped tag. Friends will tell me that I don’t look sick, or that I look great, and then take it personally when I say that I can’t go out for long or go to events. One of my best friends today asked if I had just tried increasing my pain tolerance. I never know how to respond, and knowing that these interactions are coming makes me anxious about leaving my apartment. What can I say to strangers who confront me about my disability, and to friends who don’t get it? A: This will hopefully serve as a reminder to all readers that not every disability is immediately visible, and that it’s not the job of the general public to monitor people with handicapped placards for signs that they “really” need them. You don’t owe strangers a damn thing, much less an explanation, and I’m so sorry that so many people have taken it upon themselves to demand one of you. ここでのhandicapped tagのtagはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、taken it upon themselves to demand one of youはどのように訳したら良いでしょうか?of youのofは「~から」でしょうか?of off youとも言えるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4133/5370)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。ここでのhandicapped tagのtagはどのような意味でしょうか?  アメリカですと、車のバックミラーに引っ掛けて、パーキングコントロールの人に障害者用の駐車スペースに停められると示す州交通局発行の許可証のことです。 2。あと、taken it upon themselves to demand one of youはどのように訳したら良いでしょうか?  あなたに(弁明の)一つでも要求する権利が(誰にでも)あると思っている 3。of youのofは「~から」でしょうか?  はい弁明の発信源という意味ですから。 4。of off youとも言えるのでしょうか?  いいえ、言わないと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• この歌詞の意味

どんな状況なんだろう。気になって寝られません(´・ω・`) Little Misty Say you Miss me Say you're sorry Be on My side Don't waste Your pride Say you're sorry I know something that you don't Know I will tell you if you want me To And when someone walks in here You will tell them what you know Little Misty Say you Miss me Say you're sorry Be on My side Don't waste Your pride Say you're sorry I know something you don't want To know I should shut up but I can't Please don't beg me not to say I need you to understand

• 和訳お願いします

you kind of caught me of guard with some of your questions. How can I know that there are not other things you havent told me? I don't want to doubt you have given me a reason to be skeptical (wonder about it). It's difficult and kind of unfair that I developed feelings for you before you told me about it. I focus on making the best of each day and letting things happen over time. I don't think I can handle that kind of guilt. I guess I am kind of an independent spirit/person so it takes me a while to really open up and say the kinds of things that you asked me about.

• 文法の訂正、お願い致します(急ぎです)

I don't have enough words to express my gratitude to you. You are my special friend who I could open my mind. I didn't need to try to be good in front of you and it was really confortable for me. You always stand by me,sapport me.That's why I could try new things. You made me relive and gave me comfidece all the time. I wanted you to stay here longer. Things won't be the same without you. I respect you,thank to you,like you as my special friend. See you someday. Sincerely.

• なぜ日本人は「お世話になりました」とよく言うのですか?

なぜ日本人は「お世話になりました」とよく言うのですか? 外国のいる友達からこのようなメールをもらいました。 こちらで調べるまえにグーグルでは「o-sewa ni narimashita, Japanese why」といろいろとキーワードを変えて検索をして調べたのですが、見つけることができませんでした。英語で答えるのに、次のように言っても大丈夫でしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。 i got the mail form one of my friends who speak English. Before I ask you the questionl, I looked it on the Internet while changing many wornds to find out the information, but I couldn't .Sorry to inconvenience you. May I say to my friend like this ? ↓ You don't need to say "o-sewa ni narimashita"to me !! >_< It's no problem !! In Japan, it is said that when you are taken care of , you often say to others, "o-sewani narimashita ", even though someone don't take much care of you. It's like a Japanese custom's greeting to others when you meet people . Japanese often say like that ,even though you meet the person by chance in the streets etc. 回答者様の皆様へ。To answers to my question. Is it rather formal way of speaking to say "person"? その人、のことをperson というのはformal な言い方でしょうか?

• 歌詞の和訳をお願いいたします。

I'll bring my love to you… I'll bring my love to you I've been stood up messed around and take for a fool but next time 'round I'm gonna change the rules and I don't care about the things that people say it's you I think about each and every day it's much too late for you to change your ways I can't keep holding on expecting you to stay when you're all alone and if you're feeling down call me I'll be around Whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you Lost inside your love is where I wanna be I'm just asking you to spend some time with me time and time you say you wanna be free and you can have some fun that's okay with me you will never know just how good I feel the joy inside of me makes me feel so real when you're all alone and if you're feeling down call me I'll be around Whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you I'll bring my love to you (I just wanna be with you) I'll bring my love to you (I just wanna be with you) It's much too late for you to change your way I can't keep holding on expecting you to stay when you're all alone and if you're feeling down call me I'll be around Whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you Whenever you need somebody I'll bring my love to you you don't have to say you love me I just wanna be with you

• 日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか?

長文になりますが、おおまかで構わないので日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。 ………………………… In summer in the year before last, I received a mail from a person. I felt almost was make-up story but various thinks about you were written in it. I understood the contents and replied my promise not to relate with you. However, harassment to me started by your friends, staffs of (店名) and your friends I had never related and it has been continuing until now although it becomes not so often as before. Even some of my friends were harassed only because being with me. (店名) is your working place and a place for your friends to gather. I guess they hope me not to relate with you. Because I had been told about you sometimes, I had a complicated feeling when I received your message via facebook. I thought that I would select my human relation and it would be possible for me to be a friend with you but I can not be free from the wavering of my decision to relate with you as a friend if I visit (店名). I have to keep promise with your friends.... I do not know why your friends still stick to me. Because I have no relation with you now. I also have no relation with anyone who might have close relation with you. I do not know you have any engagement to such continuous sticking to me but I think it is a matter of mind of these people not of yours or mine. I am thankful to you for calling me your friend. However, considering my current position, I think that it would be difficult to be your friend. If you have good human relation now, I think that there would be no reason for you to keep on staying as my friend beyond it. What do you think about it? Please do not misunderstand. I do not take you into my confidence to hurt you. I want to tell you only why I have avoided you. If we have fate, we might be able to relate as ordinary friend.

• 助けてください・・・

質問なんですが、仲良くしていた外国人のペンパルと私の一方的な都合で返事ができずじまいでいました。連絡をたって2ヶ月ですが彼からメールがはいってきました。 Hey how have you been doing?I think you don't want to be my friend again right?I waited for your reply but you did not email me and I tried to call you many times but you did not answer my call too so I thought maybe you don't want to be my friend anymore. I just want to say hello and let you know that I still think of you as a good friend of mine.Take care 彼に返事を出したいのですが、これを英語で説明するにはどうすればいいのでしょうか?私はこれから彼とまたメールをして仲良くしたいのですが・・・ 「メールできなくてごめんなさい。自分の身の回りにおきた出来事で頭がいっぱいになってしまい、こんなに日にちがたってしまいました。」「先日雷が近所におちて、家のパソコンが壊れてしまった」 よろしくおねがいします。

• 英文を訳して下さい

I want you to know that even if it takes me 2 or 3 days to write you,please bear with me and also know that you are always on my mind and i mean every word of it. bear=熊ですよね? babyみたいな意味合いでしょうか? i mean every word of it. ここが上手く訳せません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします

OK Well you should have told me you bought that driver because I have already mailed as I didn't know that was you, and by the way would you mind please giving me your shipping address as it should look on the front of the package, I could not figure it out by the way it is on paypal it just looks funny there to me but then I don't live in Japan so I don't know how you guys do it so please show me exactly how it should look on the front of the package, Thanks.

• I do like you

一年程前に2ケ月程付き合いをしていてその後私が日本に帰国。離れて一年近くなりますがメールで連絡を取り合っていました。私が帰国後すぐにアメリカにもどるつもりでしたがビザの関係で戻れなくなり彼が日本に来てくれることになっていたのですが、私が待ち切れず彼にメールを送りました。Are you serious to come to Japan or other country?I feel you don't like me, don't you even care, if you don't see me. if you really want to see me again,you should be coming see me soon.right? and also you never say around when. but I took it real about you said and i look forward to see you.すると返事が。。。I would love to see u in Japan or other country but the timing has to be right. My company got very busy suddenly so I have to take advantage of the business to survive. i really can`t tell u exactly when. I do like u and want to spend time with u but it`s not my fault. Sorry to inconvenience u. U never trouble me and thank u for building the courage to tell me your feelings. I respect that. このようになっていました。この文から見て彼は私を友達として好きでお愛想で上手く慰めているのでしょうか?それとも恋愛感情がまだ残っているのでしょうか? ニュアンスが分からなくて どの様に返信しようか困っています。。。