How to Handle Different Rules in Raising Kids

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Practical Tips for Handling Different Rules in Raising Kids
  • The Challenge of Different Rules in Raising Kids
  • Balancing Different Rule Sets in Raising Kids
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

My sister and I are raising our kids (all ages 8 to 11) just a couple of blocks apart from each other, so we see quite a lot of each other. This is exactly what we hoped for! How, practically, do we handle the very different sets of rules in our two homes? For example, my sister's husband, who is fairly religious, forbids swearing, and includes a lot of words many people wouldn't. Our rule at home is that we don't entertain any rules that are arbitrary, and "no swearing" is one of them. includes a lot of words many people wouldn'tのあとには何が略されていいるのでしょうか?あと、entertain any rules that are arbitraryはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。ncludes a lot of words many people wouldn'tのあとには何が略されていいるのでしょうか?  forbid でしょう。 2。あと、entertain any rules that are arbitraryはどのような意味でしょうか?  恣意的な規則を課する、ここでは「父親の勝手で、世間では通用しない規則まで作って使用を禁止する」と言う意味だと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9715/12083)
回答No.2

>includes a lot of words many people wouldn'tのあとには何が略されているのでしょうか?⇒forbidでしょう。 「〔彼(姉/妹の夫)は、乱暴な言葉遣いを禁じている。しかも〕多くの人が気にもしない(禁じない)ようなたくさんの言葉をそれに含めている」。 >あと、entertain any rules that are arbitraryはどのような意味でしょうか? ⇒「独断的な自分勝手な規則は受け入れない〔というのがわが家の規則である〕」。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 英語が分からないので教えてください。

次の1~5に続くのはa~eのどれだと思いますか?また、訳もお願いします。 1.The wedding is over 2.There are lot of paths in front of us 3.We will begin slowly 4.We will be careful to learn together 5.At the end of each day a)and we must choose one. b)as we work and discuss things together. c)we'll enjoy thinking of our future. d)and now we are starting our lives together. e)and then make progress quickly.

• この"as-as構文"の意味は何ですか?

Great as are the preoccupations absorbing us at home, concerned as we are with matters that deeply affect our livelihood today and our vision of the future, each of these domestic problems is dwarfed by, and often even created by, this question that involves all humankind. このページからです http://www.bartleby.com/124/pres54.html これは "we are concerned with matters A to the same extent that we are concerned with B." と同じ意味ですか?

• 以下の文章の添削をお願いいたします。

お世話になります。 結婚のお祝いで主人のお母様の友人(米国人)からステンレスのトレイをいただきました。 早速、お礼のお手紙を写真を同封して送りたいと思います。 内容は、「トレイをお贈りいただき、ありがとうございました。素敵なプレゼントを嬉しく思います。 友人や家族が訪問したとき、Aさんからもらったそのトレイを、幸せのシンボルとして使い、もてなしたいと思います。 そして、幸せな家庭を築きたいと思います。 日本にいらしたときは、ぜひ、我が家へお越しください。何もありませんが、歓迎します。 敬具 太郎&花子 結婚式の時の写真を同封します。 ドレスと和服のスタイルです。」 これを英語で記述したとき、以下のような文章でよいのでしょうか。 Thank you for the tray to our marriage. We are pleased by a wonderful present. When the friend and our family visit our house, we want to use and entertain it with a tray , from Aさん, that is the symbol of happiness. And we are to be able to make a happy home. Please come to our house if you visited Japan. We don’t have anything, but welcome you . Sincerely yours Taro and Hanako We will send some photographs of our wedding. Its are West and Japanese marriage style. よろしくお願いいたします。

• 文の構造について教えてください。(CNNニュースより)

文の構造について教えてください。(CNNニュースより) "The work rules that most airlines have instituted in these days of cutting expenses are a cause for a lot of the anger. Couple this with a public that is more and more unhappy with conditions in the air and you have a very volatile situation. 最初のセンテンスは、rules are a cause~ のSVCで、thatは関係代名詞、most airlines have instituted rules of cutting expensesとなると思います。 二つ目のセンテンスは、構造が分かりません。couple を動詞ととらえて、”couple~with”で、”~を結び付けて考える”の命令文でよいのでしょうか? ”this"は前文を指す? 以上、ご教示ください。よろしくお願い申し上げます。

• 訳がわかりません。。。お願いします。

訳の回答がなくてわかりません。簡単な訳でいいのでどなたかよろしくお願いします。 Stop for a moment and consider that we spend,on average,86% of our time communicating. For this reason,it is vitally important to have a full understanding of what communication is all about. This means understanding the basic principles that lead to good communication and the breakdown in communication that results when those basic principles are ignored.That is the aim of book. Communication occurs when people send and receive messages.A30-minute speech by a politician,a five-minute talk with a friend, a nod of the head or a wave of the hand are all examples of communication. We can communicate by speaking or by remaining silent. When we consider that communication plays such an extremely important part in our lives, it is perhaps surpring that our schools and colleges are unlikely to train us how to be better communicators. We learn about communication simply by doing it.大変長くてすいません。

• 英文の和訳をおねがいします。

It is salutary to realize the fundamental isolation of the individual mind. We have no certain knowledge of any consciousness but our own. We can only know the world through our own personality. Because the behaviour of others is similar to our own, we suppose that they are like us; it is a shock to discover that they are not. As i grow older I am more and more amazed to discover how great are the differences between one man and another. I am not far from believing that everyone is unique.

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致します

A good farmer is always one of the most intelligent and best educated men in our society. We have been inclined in our wild industrial development, to forget that agriculture is the base of our whole economy and that in the economic structure of the nation it is always the cornerstone. It has always been so throughout history and it will continue to be so until there are no more men on this earth. We are apt to forget that that the man who owns land and cherishes it and works it well is the source of our stability as a nation, not only in the economic but the social sense as well. できるだけ詳しく教えていただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願い致します🙏

• どのような意味でしょうか

My sister-in-law says she is very allergic to cats. She lives six hours away from my Mom. My sister and I have cats and bring them with us when we visit our mom. My sister-in-law asked us if we could put the cats behind a gate or upstairs when she and my brother visit. We believe that our cats are our family members. We refuse to put our cats away just because someone wants us to. Because of this, our sister-in-law stopped visiting. Now she has a baby and this is the first grandchild in the family. She again asked if we would put the cats away while she visits so my mom can visit with her granddaughter. Again, we have refused to do this because our cats are just as important family members as her baby. We told her that she should drop off the baby with my mom, sister and me and that she can relax at the hotel while we visit. She has refused to do this, and now just doesn't visit. She tells my brother to visit whenever he wants, but that she and her baby will stay home. My mom cannot drive to their house, and now my mom has not seen her granddaughter at all. She is very upset. How do we fix this for our mom's sake, without giving up our principles? giving up our principlesとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どういう意味ですか?

どういう意味ですか? よろしくお願いします。 My sister : "The order should be available in the course of our instincts. Courtesywill be the means of communicating more enjoyable with our brothers. Imposition is the internal path when tells us the good, the brotherhood makes us attract mates for the same fellowship. Criticism is fruitful field when exercised in our inner world. And the weighting grows and grows our friendship in all directions. The barely worthy of comment is that we do; in reference to the other, the guard brings us confidence that all strive for the best. As a spiritual apprentice, you must be prepared to face the difficulties that are associated with every genuine spiritual quest and was determined to persist in their efforts and will. You should try to anticipate the obstacles that inevitably find along the way and understand that the key to successful practice is never abandon his determination. " I wish a lot of light in his ways Tenzin Gyatso master and Joanna de Angelis

• <CHEMICAL SECRET>

<CHEMICAL SECRET>  CHEMICAL SECRETの冒頭部分の文章です。どう訳していいかいまいちわからないので教えてください。機械翻訳はご遠慮ください。  There are two ways of committing a crime. You can do it with your eyes open, or you can do it with your eyes closed. Not many of us intend to do wrong, but all most all of us close our eyes to certain kinds of crime. But what is a crime? Is it something that the law tells us is wrong, or something that we know in our hearts is wrong? There are many kinds of crime - crimes of greed, of violence, of anger and hate. But there are also less obvious crimes- the ones that we commit against the world: against the sky, the sea, the land. They are the crimes that we commit against the future and against our children- by closing our eyes and pretending that we cannot see. John Duncan is a biologist. When he took the job at the chemical factory, he thought he was protecting his children. He wanted to buy them the good things of life: a big house, a boat, exciting holidays... But what kind of future was he buying them?