Dealing with a Friend's Glum Attitude

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn the meaning of 'glum, woe-is-me attitude' and why 'had grown up in the town' is in the past perfect tense.
  • Understand the significance of mentioning something 'as part of a pattern'.
  • Discover the challenges of dealing with a friend's negative attitude and the disappointment of unfulfilled plans.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

I'm at my wits' end dealing with my friend's glum, woe-is-me attitude. I've known "Max" since we worked together at a restaurant when I was in college. He was in his early 20s and had grown up in the town. He said he regretted not getting a bachelor's degree. As we became better friends and he saw the projects I was doing for my classes (I was an art major), he became inspired and started making plans to go to community college and then transfer. A year passed; then two. That never happened. (Not a big deal in itself, but I mention it as part of a pattern.) glum, woe-is-me attitudeの意味を教えてください。 had grown up in the townはなぜ過去形ではなく過去完了なのでしょうか?in the townというのは地元の町ということでしょうか? mention it as part of a patternの意味を教えてください。 以上、よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4073/5300)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.1

1。glum, woe-is-me attitudeの意味を教えてください。  無愛想で、「ああ俺もうダメだ」と言う態度。 2。had grown up in the townはなぜ過去形ではなく過去完了なのでしょうか?  成人過程を「完了」したからでしょう。 3。in the townというのは地元の町ということでしょうか?  はい、そうです。 4。mention it as part of a patternの意味を教えてください。  (だが私は)彼のやり方の(始めはやる気満々だが、途中でやめてしまうと言う)型の一部だと思う。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

My dad fell in love with someone else and left my mom, who thought their 30-year marriage was great, as did we. They had lived apart for a few years due to work, and my father said they had grown apart for years and he wasn't in love. as did weの意味は「私たちも同じように」でいいでしょうか?as we didではいけないのでしょうか?they had grown apart のところは過去形ではなく過去完了が使われている理由を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My brother is 30 years old and has a history of making bad choices, including a DUI and probation. After several years adrift, he finally seemed to be getting his act together. He got accepted to graduate school and did well enough that he was offered a teaching position upon graduation. However, I recently found out that my brother was accused of sexual assault by a female undergraduate student. The college rescinded his teaching contract, and basically told him that if he disappeared, no charges would be filed by the institution or the accuser. My brother didn't fight it or get an attorney, he simply packed up and left town. I talked to him about it briefly and he shows no remorse, regret, guilt, or desire to defend his name. In fact, his attitude was cavalier and entitled, as though he was baffled that anyone would make a big deal about it. While I have no proof, his attitude toward the situation makes me fairly confident that my brother is, indeed, a sexual predator of some nature. 1 なぜbad choicesにprobationが含まれているのでしょうか? 2 remorseとregretはなにが違うのでしょうか? 3 his attitude was cavalier and entitledの意味を教えてください。 4 of some natureの意味は何でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• 訳をお願いします。

He would often think out loud while I was there . Of course, he could have been talking to a bed or a chair just as easily. But it was now a habit was slower than his. But that served to make his own ideas come faster and brighter. This was my part in our relationship. When I arrived at Baker Street, I found him sitting in his armchair. His face deep in thought . It was clear that he was considering some difficult problem. He waved his hand for me to sit down. It was nearly a half hour before he finally looked up. Then he quickly turned to me and smiled. He welcomed me back to what was once my home. he could have been talking to a bed or a chair just as easily. He welcomed me back to what was once my home.上の二行の文でまず、could have been talking 、 just as easily、訳し方がわかりません。また、back to 、what was once my home 訳し方がわかりません。宜しくお願いします。

• 06センター試験(本試験、英語)第6問

While I was growing up in our small town, Rosemont, I always thought of my neighbor, Mr. Peal, as a strange and somewhat frightening old man. He was always yelling at me and my playmates to stay away from his yard and his old truck. My parents never said much about Mr. Peal and only told me to leave him alone, so I never had any reason to believe he was anything more than an unpleasant old man. 最後の文章の he was anything more than...の部分が理解できません。どういう訳でなぜそうなるのか(文法・熟語などの説明)をしていただけるでしょうか。

• fellowship

I am a single female physician in my mid-30s. I had a deep intellectual and (brief) romantic connection with my much older mentor. Now, I can’t figure out how to let go. “John” is over 20 years older than I am, divorced with grown children. He’s taught me everything I know about being a doctor. We delighted in each other’s friendship and a mentor/protégée relationship for most of the past decade. I was moving away after my fellowship and we both became emotional that we couldn’t see each other regularly. ここでのfellowshipはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am a man in my 60s. I'm writing out of concern for my friend. "Will" and I are the same age; in fact, we share a birthday. He and I became well-acquainted in childhood and were very attached to each other. But then, in my early teens, our relationship took on a new and unanticipated aspect. We found that we shared an interest in girls, and as we grew through our teens and into our early 20s, we had many adventures together. When I married, Will was there and always supportive. It wouldn't have been the same without him, and I'm sure my wife would agree. I never minded in the least the interest he showed in her. But now, Will seems to have lost much of his get-up-and-go. He no longer shows much interest in my wife or in any other woman. I've tried to get him to be more spontaneous, telling him stories and showing him pictures that he used to like, but I barely get a rise out of him. I've tried to get himはI've tried getting himではなくそのような形なのはなぜでしょうか?あと、ここでのget a rise out ofはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします

和訳をお願いします He had found it lying in the street,and as he looked at me over the top of his glasses,he said,“Maybe now you'll learn not to be careless and lose things.” I 'm a grown woman now,and I still lose things. I'm still careless. But what my father taught me that day was not a lesson of responsibility. I learned not to believe his laughter.Because even his laughter hurt.

• shove it in his face

I just got a rather large promotion at work that I’ve been working toward for a long time. At first my fiancé gave me a half-hearted congrats and insisted he was happy for me. But over the course of a few days, he became depressed, angry, and starting taking jabs at me for no reason. I finally asked what the issue was and he admitted that he was jealous of my promotion. He has a great job, and while I will make fairly more money than he does, I always have made more money. His job has predictable hours and much better benefits. When he was promoted a while back I was genuinely happy for him—I saw it as our success, not just his. He sees this as a competition that he has lost. It hurts a lot because I want him to be happy for me. I don’t gloat or shove it in his face, shove it in his faceはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

When I was in first grade, our teacher asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. I said a mother and a teacher. Well, motherhood came first. Three years after I married, I started having children, two boys and two girls in five years. I enjoyed it. But there were hard times, too. The worst thing that happened was losing a child. My eldest son died of cancer in my arms when he was 17. Now to fulfilling my first-grade dream in another way. A year after he died, I went to college and became a third-grade teacher when I graduated. I loved teaching this grade, with the children's eagerness to learn and their love of their teachers. Now to fulfilling my first-grade dream in another way.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳を願いたいです。

The lion's leg was badly injured. A small bone was sticking out through the skin. I had no choice but to cut off the bone and sew up the wound. With the truck I pulled him under a tree. For nine days I brought food and water to Bones. He was recovering and becoming used to my presence. He seemed to appreciate by his roars as he moved off into the Kalahari. Ten days later, Bones returned together with his group. They sat under the trees near our base camp and watched us curiously. After that, they came often, and gradually they became used to us. By and By, our base camp became their playground. We grew very close to them, especially to Bones. On Occasion, we saw him fighting fiercely for his group, but he was as gentle as a house cat when he lay outside our tent. During our seven-year stay on the Kalahari, no one became closer to us than our dear friend Bones. (1)What was the matter with Bone's leg? (2)For how many days did Mark bring food and water to him? (3)What was Bones like when he lay outside their tent? 和訳と(1)(2)(3)の問題に答えてもらいたいです。