Disabled Veteran in Florida conned out of money: Limited options?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Disabled veteran in Florida conned out of money: Limited options? Court advocate meaning and the importance of filing a police report.
  • Understanding court advocate and the significance of filing a police report for the disabled veteran in Florida who was conned out of money.
  • Limited options for disabled veteran in Florida who was conned out of money: Exploring the role of court advocate and the need for filing a police report.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

In response to the letter from "Frustrated Family in Florida," you stated that the disabled man who was conned out of his money has limited options because he consented to giving the money. As a former court advocate for seniors, my heart sank, because as a veteran, he may well have options. This man should file a police report to have a record. court advocateとはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、This man should file a police report to have a record.の訳も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4118/5352)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

> court advocateとはどのような意味でしょうか?  実は、私も知らなかったので、回答してよいものかどうか迷うところですが、下記のサイト (参考URL) を見ると、簡潔な説明がされていました。たとえば親が子を虐待していたケースを考えると、その子が親を訴えることになったとしても、親の権限は強いもので、子どもは非力な立場に置かれがちです。裁判の進行なども、子どもにとってはなじみがないし、戸惑うことも多いでしょう。そのような時に、子どものサポートをしてくれる人 (本来なら親がそれをすべきなのですが、何しろ訴えられている立場なので、それは期待できない) がいてくれると心強いでしょう。また、その結果として、その子が社会の中で孤立しないで生きられるように手を差し伸べてくれる人も必要です。そういう方面の仕事をボランティア的に引き受けてくれる人というイメージも court advocate という語にはあるように思われます。 > This man should file a police report to have a record.の訳も教えてください。  file a suit なら 「告訴する」 という意味の定番表現ですが、ここでは file a police report となっています。a police report は警察の 「調書」 のことなので、「警察の調書に記録させる」 とはすなわち 「警察に告発する」 といったような意味で言っているのではないかと思います。 * ご参考にでもなれば幸いです。

参考URL:
https://www.alternativestoviolence.org/Pages/CourtAdvocate.php
corta
質問者

お礼

ご丁寧な回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• Should & Quotation

■質問1 President Bush says he believes marriage should be defined as between a man and a woman. "I strongly believe that marriage should be defined as between a man and a woman. " In many lands people watch all-night television programs and access the Internet when they should be sleeping. あるアメリカ人の本によると should は「したほうがいい」と説明しているのですが、私は should にかなりの義務感を感じます。 should は「したほうがいい」のか「すべき」なのか? 一般的にはどうなのでしょうか。 ■質問2 雑誌を読んでて気になったのですが、 A. He said, "you are clever enough to plagiarize the pioneer works in this site." このとき、You は、キャピタライズするのですか? B. He said: "You are clever enough to plagiarize the pioneer works in this site." また、この書き方BとAはどう違うのですか? ※ 短くわかりやすい説明、例文を歓迎します。

• strangeの持つ語感がわかりません

サマセットの小説の一節です。 文中のstrangeの持つ語感がつかめません,適訳を教えていただきたくお願いします。 I find it strange that he should have settled on this lovely island, for I never knew a man more insensible to beauty.

• 英語の文法ミス教えてください 至急

1 My most favorite character in this book is Finkle. He is a religious man and lives in loneliness. The reason why he was absorbed in his religion was he could not belong anywhere in social world. He had never loved anyone, and he had lived without knowledge of himself. He said in a strained manner, "that I came to God not because I love Him, but because I did not." He had to believe the god because he did not have any ideas what he should rely on. I like Finkle because I easily feel empathy to him. 2 This question is a kind of tricky. I believe that Salzman was saying “Jewish prayer for the Dead” because Salzman said "Like an animal. Like a dog. For her to be poor was a sin. This is why to me she is dead now." This implies that his daughter must have committed something sin, and Salzman was ashamed of it. That is why Salzman regarded his daughter as a dead. So Salzman said that phrase for Finkle and Stella. 3 I believe that Salzman engineered the meeting between Finkle and Stella. As a father, Salzman wants Stella to get marriage to someone. However, Salzman thought that Salzman was a sinful person. So nobody wants to get marriage to Stella. So Salzman just manipulate Salzman to get marriage to Stella.

• 高2の女子です。英文法の質問です。

高2女子です。 夏休みの課題でわからないところがあったので 教えてください。 お願いします; できれば理由もお願いします。 ・Just ( ) he is taller than you does not mean he is better at basketball. ア.because イ.so ウ.as エ.like 私はアで、not...because~ ~だからと言って…ではない だと考えたんですが、notが後ろにあってもいいのですか? そこの理由がわかりません; ・( ) of my friends have been to Japan this year. ア.Numerous イ.Several ウ. Each エ.Either 私はウかなぁと思うのですが理由がいまいちわかりません。 >>穴埋め ・約束は必ず守って下さい。 Don't ( ) to ( ) your promise. ・私は彼女の手を握った。 I held her ( ) the hand. >>並べ替え ・自分のためになるような本を読むべきです。 You should read [as/books/do/good/such/will/you]. ・彼らは、電気のない生活がどんなものであるか、わかっていなかった。 They had no idea [what/like/life/electricity/was/without]. ・分別のある人ならば、そのようには振舞わなかったでしょう。 A [acted/would/sense/of/man/have/not] in such a way. 頼ってしまってごめんなさい; どうかよろしくお願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

I lent some money to a young relative to buy a used truck. His mother thought that because he didn't have any credit record yet, he would learn to make payments on a regular basis by paying me, in addition to having a vehicle he needed for his job. We signed an agreement, which specified how much he would pay (both principal and a low interest rate) and how many payments he would make. he didn't have any credit recordとはどういうことでしょうか? he would learnのwouldはwillの過去形でしょうか? he would makeのwouldはどのような役割でしょうか? よろしくお願いします

• 英文と英訳の間違え教えてください。

(1)So he agreed to it のitを本文の内容から日本語で答えてください。 Jack thought that it was wonderful to have a magic bean. So he agreed to it and carried the bean proudly back home. He showed the bean to his mother. “Is this all that you have got for that cow?” she said. “Now we have no cow to give us milk. All we have is this bean.” 英訳してください。 (2)Try to get as much as you can. (3)He walked on happily until he met another man who had some fine beans. これを解いてみると、 (1)素晴らしい魔法の豆 (2)できるだけ手に入れなさい (3)彼はいい豆を持っている人に会うまで楽しそうに歩き続けた. になりました。 しかし、先生に間違っていると言われたのでどこが間違っているのか訂正も含めて教えてもらえませんか。

• ____にあてはまる英語教えてください

____にあてはまる英語教えてください 1. The teenager was arrested for _______________ driving, 2. They have ____________________ a campaign to raise \10 million for the child to go to the States for a heart transplant. 3. I left __________________ when he refused to shake hands with me. 4. The man is suffering from ________________ tuberculosis. 5. He ________________ this afternoon while he was playing golf with his customers. 6. The professor is too strict; I wish he could be a little bit more ________________ with his students. 7. The Japanese police have been rather reluctant to ________________ in domestic conflicts. 8. He _______________ all he had just eaten.

• 文法ミスおしえてください

There are a lot of thinking points in this story. In my opinion, the author wanted to convey readers how the narrator’s thinking about the blind man was changed through this story. In the first time, the narrator believed that the blind man was totally different human being because he can not see anything, however, the narrator was surprised at him when he saw the blind man first time because his appearance was not so different as usual people. At first, the narrator felt big jealousy toward blind man, so he was mean to the blind man because his wife and the blind man seemed got along well. However, the narrator’s opinion about him was changed gradually as the story going. At first, the narrator was consumed by jealousy, however he opened his heart to him after drawing the cathedral together, also he learned a lot of things from blind man.

• howで様態の程度を聞くとき、元の文はどうなるの?

howで様態の程度を聞くとき、元の文はどうなるの? 例えば How old is he? ←He is old. これはわかります。 しかし、 How often have you been to London this year? は、元の文に戻すと You have been to London this year. なのか、それとも You have often been to London this year. なのか。 あるいは、 How much money does he have? は、 He has much money. なのか、 He has money. なのか。 これは、元の文には全く無い副詞や形容詞がhowで様態の程度を聞くときに出てきているのでしょうか? しかし元の文の名詞(上の文であればmoney)が疑問詞に引っ張られているため、元の文に全く無い副詞や形容詞というわけでもないようにも思えます。 Howで様態の程度を聞くとき、いったい元の文はどのようなもので、そこから何が起こっているのでしょうか?

• この英訳おねがいします

a man may take to drink because he feels himself to be a failure, and then fail all the more completely because he drinks です。  変な日本語になってしまうのでお願いします。