The Diversity of Examples at HBS: A Helpful Perspective

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The diversity of examples at HBS has been incredibly helpful to me. It is inspiring to see classmates making sacrifices for their loved ones' goals.
  • A good friend of mine at HBS decided to put his career on hold to support his girlfriend through the match process for medical school. Seeing examples like this is eye-opening.
  • The match process refers to the application and selection process for medical school. At HBS, I have access to diverse examples that showcase sacrifices and dedication.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

What has been helpful is the diversity of examples I’ve seen at HBS. I have a very good friend who is one of the brightest people I’ve met here, but he chose to put his career on hold while his girlfriend was going through the match process for medical school. I think it says something that I was shocked by that behavior, but I think it is incredible that there are examples like that here for me to reference. http://www.refinery29.com/2015/05/87290/how-to-find-job-2015-harvard-business-school-graduation match processとここでのreferenceの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4133/5370)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

match processとここでのreferenceの意味を教えてください。 1。match process とは、National Residency Matching Program (NRMP 下記)のことで、病院側の需要と研修医の希望とを合致させる組織です。 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Resident_Matching_Program 2。ここでの reference は、下記の他動詞の1「引き合いに出す」あたりでしょう。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=referencer  「私自身の基準として引き合いに出すにはとても信じられないような例だ」となりますが、著者の先入観とはあまりにかけ離れている理由が、書いてありません。  単に経営学に箔をつけようと医学部に入る考えが単純すぎたのか、未婚だから既婚で経営学と医学がそれぞれ専門の夫婦の問題とは違うからか、そこは不明です。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳してください!!!

ある人からメールが来ました。 ネットで翻訳してみたんですが、意味が全くわからずメールを返せません。 お願い致します。 I'm somewhat serious.   I think we would make a beautiful family.  But I also think that we should date a bit longer... and I think that I should move to Japan.  I want to leave Guam...I've been here as long as I've wanted to.  You don't have another boyfriend or anything do you? I'm not one to rush into things either, but I just thought that I'd tell you that I'm really attracted to you and that I wouldn't mind procreating with you. Make sense? Anyway,  I'm thinking of you now!! Miss you so much!!!

• この英文を日本語に翻訳お願いします。

Here is my mother's birthday cake! I saved you a piece! I had a very busy day today. I was running around. I would've spoke to you sooner but there was so But I'm here now! What have I missed so far? よろしくお願いします。

• 埼玉大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い

埼玉大学 自由英作文 2012                                                                                                         条件・ 世の中には、いろいろな先生がいます。さて、あなたの理想の先生について詳しく書きなさい。(120~150字)                                                                                                               Needless to say , teachers are required the ability of teachering , but I think that the                                                               communication skill is also important. Since a school is the place where we have to leran                                                                  Japanese or English and so on, teachers need to have a lot of knowledge about that, but I think                                                               a teacher who has the good communication skill is more interesting and friendly. I have an                                                                   experience supporting my idea. When I wes a junior high school student , I joined teniss club. One                                                               day, I had a match with a student of other school. I couldn't win the match , so I was disappointed,                                                              however , my teacher said to me "Don't give up and you can do it". This word helped me very                                                                 much. I think that it is important for teachers not only to teach their students but also to                                                                    communicate with them. (142字)                                                                                                                                                                      拙い文章ですが、文法面を中心にご指導いただけるとありがたいです。添削をお願いできる方がいなくて・・・。厳しいご指摘宜しくお願いします。

• この英文の構造を教えてください

<原文> A:There is nothing more to it. B:That much I think even I can do. (1)There is nothing more to it. 「それ以上のことはない」というニュアンスはわかります。 しかしmore が形容詞でも副詞でもあとにtoが来るのは違和感があります。 そういう熟語なのでしょうか? (2)That much I think even I can do. I think~がThat muchにかかる関係代名詞だとすると、それではSVが成り立ちません。 どう捉えるべきでしょうか。

• acknowledge

The reason I ask is because a close friend of mine started seeing the school counselor a lot before summer, and he confided in me that it was because his mom was treating him poorly at home. I'm really sad for him, but I'm also confused by the examples he gave me of what his mom did to him: she always yelled at him; she would refuse to acknowledge him for two weeks straight; acknowledge himはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• [英語]()に入るものを教えて下さい><

1. Little () that Keiko would fail the exam. (1) I thought (2) did I think (3) I didn(t think (4) didn't I think 2. I wonder how much () to get a digital camera. (1) does it cost (2) it costs (3) costs it (4) costs 3. An accident deprived (). (1) his sight (2) him of his sight (3) him his sight (4) his sight from him 4. English physicist Isaac Newton () to be the father of modern science. (1) says (2) is said (3) tells (4) is told 5. () seems to be something wrong with the engine. (1) It (2) What (3) There (4) That 6. Many cancers can be cured if () at an early stage. (1) discover (2) to discover (3) discovering (4) discovered 7. () was it that won first prize in the speech contest? (1) Who (2) Where (3) What (4) How 8. () is important in learning English is to practice it every day. (1) It (2) That (3) What (4) Nothing

• 日本語訳してください!

Yeah, we did! It was long but I know a few about it because of the lessons! My favourite sport is football, I'm a great football fan (Soccer)! I also play it alot I used to be in the football team in my old school, but i can't any more now D: my doesn't want me too! Volley ball, hmm I've only played it once in school that was it! It was very hard I remember! I've tried to learn French during secondary school since i was 11 to age 15 but I never understood much since i really didn't have interest in it! I'm very much into music and watching tvs and stuff! I love going out with my friends to the cinema! Are you in junior high school or high school? In the UK we don't call it junior high school or senior high school we call it secondary school and college! I'm in college since I'm 16! It's my first year :)

• どなたか日本語に翻訳してください。

どなたか日本語に翻訳してください。フィリピン人の友人に頼まれました。 意図を汲み取っていただき意訳していただければ非常に助かります。 よろしくおねがいします。 December 13,2011 It was the date when we start to work at TAIYO YUDEN. on that day I cant explain my feelings why I felt so nervous, maybe because it was my first job. I was assigned at the taping process. Honestly, at first it was hard for me to learn my process, but with the help of Yabata san and Joan san I learned a lot. I am glad and very much lucky because all of my co-wprkers are kind specially Yamada san, for his long patient when he teaching me. Before I thought that taping process is hard,before I am confused on what I am doing in my process but now I realized that I can do it. Last November 13,2012 is our 1 year here in Japan. But, still I am not that good in japanese language.But aside from studying I`m still hoping that someday I will be good in Japanese language. About the Soldering Iron, I am very much happy because I passed the test.Thank you so much to Takasaki san and Nakajima San for their effort and also for being supportive to us. For the end of this presentation allow me to say thank you for the 1 year extension of our contract. We will promise to do more our best for this company and we wish Taiyo Yuden will more works to come so that our contract will extend again for another 1 year."joke only" May all of us have a happy and peaceful new year. once again thank you so much. Jinsoo onengaishimasu hiragana deii kanji yumenai desu!

• スピーチの英文法の訂正

以下のスピーチの文法の訂正をお願いします。 The proverb says, “All’s well that ends well”. But I don’t think so. So I’m going to talk about that. “All’s well that ends well” means an event that has a good ending is good even if some things went wrong along the way. Get a good result is certainly important, but I don’t think that’s all. Please do revers way of thinking. When you fall through, can it be said that an effort to that was wasteful? Maybe not. The process as well as the result are also important. No one can speak and write when a baby. But everyone can also speak now, and you can also write now. Because we experienced and practiced, these could be done now. So many things need the process like this. Do you know the story as “The Tortoise and the Hare”? This story tells us slow but steady wins the race. We’re the same. Even if you can ran very fast, if it’s lazy, you discount. When you don’t make an effort, you can’t get good result. As stated above the process is necessary for us to grow. Do you know the proverb says, “Failure teaches success”? We learn the drawback from failure and improve to succeed like this proverb. In this case, failure is process and success is good result. These things also show that the process is important. I told using various examples and sentences but I want to say only one thing, process is important like a result. So we have to make an effort much to get good result. There is one another thing, I learned a comparison proverb should not be believed easily. Without sticking to a rule and a partner, we have to think by ourselves. I’d like to be the person who makes an effort and think by myself.

• I thinkの後の省略

I think I've got it here somewhere.この文のthinkの後には接続詞thatが省略されていますか?