Are Smart Women Attracted to the Wrong Type of Men?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • When it comes to relationships, why do smart women often choose the wrong type of men?
  • Despite being logical in other aspects of their lives, smart women seem to throw aside all logic when it comes to picking partners.
  • Instead of choosing decent guys, they often go for users, jailbirds, druggies, abusers, and cheaters.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

userの意味

When a company wants to hire someone, they pick the best candidate. When a sports team drafts a player, they choose one who meets their needs. However, in relationships, smart women seem to throw aside all logic and pick the worst candidate. They shun decent guys and go for the users, jailbirds, druggies, abusers, and cheaters. ここでのuserはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4118/5352)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9722/12094)
回答No.2

>When a company wants to hire someone, they pick the best candidate. When a sports team drafts a player, they choose one who meets their needs. However, in relationships, smart women seem to throw aside all logic and pick the worst candidate. They shun decent guys and go for the users, jailbirds, druggies, abusers, and cheaters. ⇒会社が誰かを雇用したい時には、彼らは最もよい候補者を選び出す。スポーツのチームが選手を選抜する時は、彼らのニーズを満たしている人を選ぶ。ところが異性関係では、スマートな女性ほどあらゆる論理を放棄し、最悪の候補者を選び出すようである。彼女らは、きちんとした男を避けて、酒や麻薬の愛用者、囚人、麻薬の売買・常用者、力を誤用する虐待者、および詐欺師を求めるのである。 >ここでのuserはどのような意味でしょうか? ⇒研究社の『現代英和辞典』(収録語彙数12万2000語)では、一般的な説明のあとに、「特に、酒〔麻薬〕を愛用する者」という意味だと出ています。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

どの辞書を見ても、user には「使用者、ユーザー」以外に、 俗語・口語として 「麻薬常用(中毒)者」の意味が載っています。 ただ、後の druggy も同じような意味なので、 可能性としては「アルコール中毒」か、「パソコンおたく」か、 あと、ジーニアスや、オックスフォードには #1 の方の回答にあるような、 「他人を利用する人」の意味が出ています。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

ここでのuserはどのような意味でしょうか?  人を「使う人」、人を利用する人、です。  ムショに出たり入ったりする者、ヤク中、(女性を)酷使する者、不倫屋と並んでいますから良い意味ではないと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。発送の集荷の件で相手からメールがきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 I'm having trouble with the website and I can't find a customer service email to contact them. Do you think you can double check with YAMATO if they are going to be inside the (場所) so that when the show is over AAAAさん can just go there with the boxes and ship to you? If not can they come pick up? If you can give us a contact email would be great .

• eitherとeveryについて

The personnel department manager decided not to hire ___________ candidate since they were unqualified for the position. (A) both (B) either (C) every (D) neither 正答(A) なぜ(C)は不正解なのでしょうか? 解説にはbothとeitherの違いの説明しかなかったため疑問のままです。

• lord of war の言葉らしいのですが、意味は?

意味を教えてください。 "Some of the most successful relationships are based on lies and deceit. Since that's where they usually end up anyway, it's a logical place to start." -- Yuri Orlov, "Lord of War"

• only の意味

Many non-English speakers only visit a hospital when they are already very sick and have to be provided with expensive emergency treatment. の only visit a hospital の only はどういう意味でどういう働きをしているのですか?

• men-for-hire

His "best friend," who used to stay with us for months at a time, was actually his male lover, his ex-girlfriend turned out to be a transvestite, and he cruised and picked up men-for-hire when he was "working late." men-for-hireとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• この英文の意味を訳してください

I also look after everything local I either Scouts a direct and delegate the games they got to, to be nice to feel one of the lads make it because when I was fourteen there was nothing like this. この意味を教えてください

• どのような意味でしょうか

My nephew is recently engaged, and he and his fiancée are starting to discuss wedding plans. The bride and her family have no money for a reception. My brother and sister-in-law would like to help, but they feel like they should have a say in the planning, if they are underwriting the party. underwriting the partyとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 狩りで行く草原の描写

The fences at first had seemed things to watch and pick carefully, when horses were fit and fresh; yet now, when the time must be coming near one's horse would fall at one of them and lie still, breathing heavily, now they seemde no more than those strange old furrows lying wide and green, the relic of ancient ploughing, that one sometimes meets in a field. 1900年頃のアイルランドの狩りの描写です。主人公は馬で草原をかけています。 馬が落ちて横になって荒い息をしているのは仮説の話でしょうか? そして塀がわだちに思われるというのもよく解りません。 the relic of ancient ploughingはfurrowsの説明なのでしょうか? ヒントだけでも結構ですのでアドバイスよろしくお願いします。

• user

My best friend won’t talk to me because she thinks I’m a user. I got divorced last year and just started dating again. I also discovered that when I wear my wedding ring men pay more attention to me and lavish me with drinks and free meals. I even have one man who’s offered to take me on a shopping spree this coming weekend. My best friend says I disgust her and shouldn’t be using my wedding ring to get free things. I think the guys that are attracted to married women are suckers and that there is nothing wrong with using my ring because these aren’t the kind of guys I want to date anyways. userはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• get はどういう意味?

“redshirting”という言葉の意味の説明で、さらに話題が広がり、 アメリカの幼稚園では、入園する際、子供を入園させずに1年間休ませる[留年させる]というケースがあるという内容で、文は途中からですが、以下のように続きます。 Some parents now have started to hold back their children not for psychological or mental reasons, for the child’s development, that is, but rather because they want the child to be bigger and stronger, when eventually, they play athletics, when they play sports. This gives the child, of course, certain physical advantages because they’ll be one of the oldest children in their kindergarten class, which means they’ll be one of the older and more physically developed children when they’re in fifth grade and ninth grade and so forth. The student may become the best athlete because they also have an extra year of playing sports. Many studies have shown that there is a big advantage to being a year older than your peers. Your “peers” (peers) are people who you go to school with, or people you work with, could also be your “peers.” It’s interesting to note that some families reach the opposite conclusion and try to get their child in early. 以上の文の一番最後のセンテンス It’s interesting to note that some families reach the opposite conclusion and try to get their child in early. この文章が何を言いたいのかと、それから、and 以下の意味がどうもわかりません。 get は目的語を伴う他動詞だと思いますが、getにはたくさん意味があるのと、文末のin earlyがどのような意味と働きをしているのか、教えていただけますでしょうか。 that 以下は興味深いとのことですが、何が興味深いかは、and で繋がれて、「ある家族は正反対の結果に至る」 、もう一つは「?」です。 よろしくお願いいたします。