• ベストアンサー

men-for-hire

His "best friend," who used to stay with us for months at a time, was actually his male lover, his ex-girlfriend turned out to be a transvestite, and he cruised and picked up men-for-hire when he was "working late." men-for-hireとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

men-for-hireとはどのような意味でしょうか?  金で雇う男 > 金で(一晩セックスの)相手をさせる男、売春夫

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 正文か否文かについて教えて下さい。(tough構文)

His girlfriend was hard to please. →彼の彼女を喜ばせるのは難しかった。 で、深層構造では、 It was hard to please his girlfriend. 次に、 →彼が彼女を喜ばせるのは難しかった。 It was hard for him to please his girlfriend. この文のpleaseの目的語を主語に繰り上げると、 →His girlfriend was hard for him to please. このように、for himを明示しても、正文ですか? そして、その理由も教えて下さい。 次に、「彼女が彼を喜ばせるのは難しかった。」 It was hard for his girlfriend to please him. これを書き換えると、 →He was difficult for his girlfriend to please. この文は、正文ですか? そして、理由も教えて下さい。 続いて、 「彼女が彼を喜ばせるのに一生懸命だった。」 →She was hard to please him. この文は否文ですか? もし、この文が間違っているなら、なぜいけないのか説明して頂けないでしょうか。宜しくお願いします。

• japanese men express(*´ェ`

How Japanese men express their love to japanese women during courtship period? と聞かれ、 私なりの答えを考えました。 間違っているところや、ほかにもっといい表現があるところや、日本語もおかしいので教えてください。 (1)たいていの日本の男性は、お付き合いしているとき、デートに誘って、夕食を食べたりします。 allmost all of japanese men ask his girlfriend for a date and eat out dinner. (2)彼女がお誕生日の日にはプレゼントを用意して二人で祝います。 he celeblate on her birth day with her and give her some gifts. (3)日本の男性は恥ずかしがりやでなかなか人前で抱き合ったり、キスしたりしません。 japanese men are ashamed, so they cant hold each other in his hand, kiss in public. です。 ほか、何か日本の男性の特徴があったら、 それも教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

After Scott's stepbrother Craig was hit by a car and died in California, his biological father became detached from him, and the summer visits became less frequent. Weiland and his family later moved to Huntington Beach, California when he was 14 years old and he began attending Edison High School. During his time at Edison he initially played a lot of sports but he was a hard partier and never quite felt like he fit in, his partying eventually led his parents to put him in a psych ward for three months and have him carted off from school.

• up to his old ways

Two years ago, I caught my husband having an emotional affair with a friend of ours. Even though we went through counseling and he told me he was no longer in contact with her, he lied. He continued to lie for almost a year, even during our counseling sessions. In one session, he tried to blame me for his actions, and after six months, he still refused to take any responsibility for the affair. This whole thing has made me not trust him. I recently saw an email to an ex-girlfriend from high school. He said he wished he had been a better person, and that he would be looking for a woman like her. He says they were just reminiscing about the past. I believe he is up to his old ways. up to his old waysとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英訳お願いします。「paid for」

外国の方とメールをしていたのですが、その一部がわかりませんでした。 I met my Taiwanese girlfriend on the internet, and a few months later I paid for her to come stay with me in Australia for a couple of months. 【I paid for her~】のくだりなのですが、「彼女に支払った」という訳で良いのでしょうか?つまり彼女の滞在費用を負担したということですか? それとも、日本語で言う「僕といっしょにいてくれと、告白した or お願いした」というような意味でも含まれているのでしょうか? どうもすっきりしません。英語訳をお願い致します。

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m

Marvin was worried about the weather. After having his dinner in a hurry, he decided, at almost 11:00 that night, to go down to the small dock to check for possible ice damage to his boat. As he walked downthe three-hundred-foot slope to the lake, Marvin was followed by his dog, Max. Max loved to run around with his master. Though it was very late and cold, he seemed very pleased with the unexpected trip. At the dock, Marvin saw that his fears were right. A film of ice was beginning to appear around the boat. Marvin picked up a log and tried to push the boat to break the ice. But he did not know that water from the lake had make the dock wet. As he pushed with the log, he fell down, and his body hit the dock. He badly injured his legs, and he fell into the cold fifteen-foot-deep water. The cold waters began to pull him toward the dock, but he had little strength and soon went under the water.

• よろしくお願いします

There was a line of like 30 people for the men's room and a 5 year old who clearly was about to pee his pants. Mom was insisting he come to the ladies room with her but he wasn't having it. I said "want me to walk him in?" And I took him by the shoulder and started shoving through and he says "I really have to go!" So I picked him up by the armpits and yelled "coming through" and these 30 drunken hockey fans parted like the red Sea. By the time I got to the urinal the kid already had his dick out and was immediately peeing. I had no idea what to do at this point so I just held him there until he was done and shook him up and down when he finished. He lifted his pants, I swung him over to the sink, then set him down and we walked out. shook him up and downとswung him over to the sink, then set him downの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• making up for...

making up for... "In fact, his appetite became very good, and on the third day I switched to solid food. He was making up, of course, for all the days he had eaten nothing." ここの文にある、"making up, for all the days he had eaten nothing"の意味を教えてください!

• よろしくお願いします

I dated a man who owns his own professional firm for over a year. A year ago, I quit a waitress job to study for a board licensing exam. I scraped by doing rideshare work to pay my bills, and he disliked it because it wasn’t “sexy.” (He even let it slip that I should be a stripper.) He traveled for the holidays and his firm fell apart—one employee had a job offer elsewhere and one was always away from the desk, then quit without notice. He asked me to temporarily fill in and I agreed with the condition that he hire someone else permanently. When he returned he said, “I think we should go on break until this project is over; for ethical reasons.” I reversed his business’ decline and boosted revenue so much he had to stop taking in clients. One of his tenants wanted to break their lease, so I had to find a new tenant for him. It took four months for us to find him a new employee. 1 board licensing examとは何でしょうか? 2 his firm fell apartは「倒産した」でしょうか? 3 break their leaseは「賃貸契約を解除する」でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• for certainとcertainly、他

I was sent to have my eyes tested. He took me into the darkened interior and said, "Sit down, dear." He put his arm round my shoulder. His forefinger moved up and down on my neck. I was thirteen and didn't like to be rude to him. Dorothy Simmonds, his sister, came downstairs just then; she came upon us silently and dressed in a white overall. Before she had crossed the room to switch on a dim light Mr Simmonds removed his arm from my shoulder with such a jerk that I knew for certain he had not placed it there in innocence. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 Mr Simmonds removed his arm from my shoulder with such a jerk that I knew for certain he had not placed it there in innocence.のところはsuch~that構文だと思うのですが、 ●a jerkはどのように意味をとるとよいですか? ●for certainとcertainlyは同じ意味ですか? 使い方に何か違いはあるのでしょうか? 前文は At the end of the thirties Leesden End was an L-shaped town. Our house stood near the top of the L. At the other extreme was the market. Mr Simmonds, the oculist, had his shop on the horizontal leg, and he lived there above the shop with his mother and sister. All the other shops in the row were attached to each other, but Mr Simmonds' stood apart, like a real house, with a lane on either side. となっています。 教えてください。 宜しくお願いします。