Quantum Mechanics and General Relativity: True Theories Explained

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn about quantum mechanics and general relativity, two widely believed true theories.
  • Find out how both theories have been tested to great experimental precision.
  • Discover why quantum mechanics and general relativity, though counterintuitive to the layperson, are mathematically compelling to experts.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語を訳して下さい。

量子力学と一般相対性理論に関する英文です。最後の文が分かりません。 (一部抜き出し) Two theories—quantum mechanics and general relativity—are widely believed to be true. Both have been tested to great experimental precision. Both, though counterintuitive to the layperson, are mathematically compelling to experts. 主語はどれなのでしょうか?省略されているとすれば、どう考えればいいのでしょうか? また、mathematicallyはたくさん意味がありますが、どれを使ったらいいか不明です。 compelling to も、compel to do の形をとっておらず、意味が取れません。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。主語はどれなのでしょうか?  第一の文の主語は、Two theories 第二と第三の文の主語は、Both です。 2。省略されているとすれば、どう考えればいいのでしょうか?  ですから、省略されていません。 3。また、mathematicallyはたくさん意味がありますが、どれを使ったらいいか不明です。  「数学的には」です。 4。compelling to も、compel to do の形をとっておらず、意味が取れません。  訳  どちらも(=量子力学も一般相対性理論も)一般人には理屈に合わないが、専門家には、数学的には説得力がある 5。compelling の意味は、 下記の2をご覧ください。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=compelling

関連するQ&A

• 以下の英訳をお願いしますm(__)m

The Farmer Support Centers are staffed with agronomists and sustainability experts who work with coffee farming communities to promote best practices in coffee production designed to improve both coffee quality and yields. *coffee quality and yields=コーヒーの質と生産高

• 和訳お願いします!高校英語です。

またもや脳構造の話ですが、 訳の確認をしたいのでよろしくお願いします!!! As we use what the scociologist Daniel Bell has called our " intellectual technologies" ――the tools that extend our mental rather than our physical capasities ――we inevitably begin to take on the qualities of those technologies. The mechanical clock , which came into common use in the 14th century , provides a compelling example. In Technics and Civilization, the historian and cultural critic Lewis Mumford described how the clock " disassociated time from human events and helped create the belief in an independent world of mathematically measurable sequences." The " abstract framework of divided time " because " the point of reference for both action and thought."

• 英語の和訳

この英文の和訳お願いします(>_<) ↓ ↓ Someone must decide whether or not to give an award. The process of nominating and choosing Nobel Prize winners has two parts. First,nominations of people who might deserve a Nobel Prize are made. The nominations in physics,chemistry and economics are made by the Royal Academy of Science in Stockholm. The nominations in medicine are made ay the Caroline Medical Institute,which is also in Stockholm. The Swedish Academy both makes nominations in literature and receives them from experts and other academies such as those of France and Spain. The Peace Prize nominations are made by a committee of the Norwegian government. Many nominations are made in each area. Nominations from these groups begin the process of choosing the Nobel Prize winners. The second part of the process of choosing Nobel Prize winners is to decide which of the nominated people deserves the award in each area. This decision is made by the Nobel Foundation in Stockholm. The winners of Nobel Prizes are honored for their great achievements and are rewarded both by fame and by money for their contribution to human life. A Nober Prize is one of the highest honors any scientist,politician,or writer can ever receive.

• 英語 並び替え問題  +α

日本語の意味になるように並べ替えてください。 1 明日、どのように連絡できましょうか。   How can (get/you/to/I/in/touch with) tomorrow? 2 中西先生はみんなに大変評判が良い。   Everybody (of/is/Mr. Nakanishi/very/highly/speaks). 3 寝坊するといけないから目覚ましをかけておきなさい。   (in/the alarm/you/don`t/case/set) overleep. 4 最初、犯人と思っていた男は実は刑事だった。   The man (the criminal at first/turned out/who I believed/to be/he/was) a detective. 5 われわれは二人ともパンクに気がつかなかった。   (was/both/of/neither/aware/of/us) the flat tire. あと、下の文の和訳もお願いします。 He meant that names are important,but to most parents,their baby`s name is very important ― not only what the name is,but also who picks the name and when.

• 英語、空欄補充 至急お願いします。

「次の英文が論理的な文になるように、空所に適切な文を5~10語程度で書きなさい。」 という問題なのですが、自分では自信のある解答に辿り着けませんでした。何方か教えてください。 ・I can't believe how cheaply you can buy Japanese computers in Los Angeles! If we'd bought this one in Tokyo, it ( ) ・It is widely believed that dictionaries and grammar books are the supreme authority in matters of meaning and usage, but ( ) because ( ). ・I ( ) , but he spoke as though he knew everything about it. ・I went to the new shop to buy a sweater, but ( ). ・( ) when you knocked on the door the first time, and that must be why I didn't hear you.

• 英語の論文です。お願いします。

3. Experimental results Experiments were carried out by using a round spray, air atomizing nozzle (Spraying Systems Co. Series1/4J, fluid cap ]2050 and air cap ]64) and a steel ringelectrode (i.d. 24 mm, o.d. 30 mm) mounted 10mm in front of the nozzle. The nozzle produces a liquid jet of 1mm diameter and it breaks up by aerodynamic forces within the charging region. The experimental set-up is shown in Fig. 2. Ordinary tap water was used and the liquid reservoir was isolated from ground by Teflon plates. The nozzle–target region was enclosed in a cylindrical screen electrode 1m in diameter. The charge flow in the system was identified as nozzle current (I1), electrode current (I2), target current (I3) and drift current (I4). Charge conservation requires that I1 ¼ I2 þ I3 þ I 4: The system was tested through a range of parameters: air pressure 30–50 psi, liquid flow rate 56 ml/min and voltage 1–10 kV. The results presented here are representative values. Two typical conditions are shown: (1) nozzle-to-target distance x ¼ 0:2m; where the space charge is small; (2) x ¼ 1:0m; where the space charge is significant. The results are shown in Fig. 3.

• 英文和訳なんですが

量子力学におけるparticlesとかfieldsみたいな概念は、我々の日常的な感覚からはきわめて奇妙なものだ、という文脈で、次のような文があるのですが訳せません。もし分かる方いらっしゃいましたら和訳をお願いします。(専門的な文章なのでこちらのカテゴリでお聞きします。) Thus, quantum mechanics is a wonderful example of how with the development of knowledge our idea of what counts as even a possible knowledge claim, our idea of what counts as even a possible object, and our idea of what counts as even a possible property are all subject to change.

• 英文の翻訳

英文の翻訳  次の文を訳すときに、少々困りました。 Recent experimental results on negatively charged formic acid clusters generated by the impact of 252Cf fission fragments on icy formic acid target are compared to quantum mechanical calculations.  fissionとfragmentsの前後がつながらないのですが、どう思われますか。ちなみに、fissionとfragmentsの前後が別々と考えて強引に訳してみると、次のようになりました。 (直訳です。きれいな訳ではないのは分かっています。) 「252Cfの核分裂の衝撃で生じた負に帯電したギ酸クラスターの最近の実験結果、氷ギ酸(icy formic acid)ターゲット上のフラグメントが量子力学計算と比較された。」  論文を読んでいると、ときどきこのように文の体をなしていない英文に出会いますが、ネイティブの人はどう思って読むのかと思ってしまいます。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の文法チェックしてください

Even after I came back to Japan from Australia. I still wanted to go study abroad again, so I was going to the American university after working for a yen in Japan. I had been fighting with homework everyday, I had sometimes regretted about coming to the USA, but I believed that everything is going to wonderful experience in my life in the future. so I did not lose my hope. From my experience both American life and Australia, I would like to know more about people all over the world. Everyone has different characteristics, and all of them are brilliant. so my dream is to be a businessman who works all over the world. That is why I would like to study an international Business. I am not a talented person, however, I can say one thing from bottom of my heart that I always do my best for achieving my goal. 英語の文法ミスおしえていただけないですか?

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 挨拶文かもしれませんが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Thank you once more for requesting your Soulmate readings. We go now into the third chapter of your Soul Mate. It will follow on as careful and exact as the others. But this is now the unknown territory the lesser wisdom of the stars. We look once again through the curtains of the night and to see what will be revealed from the vault of celestial darkness. The experience of this love will be both intimate and compelling beyond your will. If you open yourself to it will be all encompassing, all healing. It can melt the past scars of life. To find a Soul Mate is always rare and special kind of love, and these readings are designed to guide you towards both cosmically and on the every day material level.