Warning: New York City Residents Growing Older

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Residents of New York City are growing older, leading to increased concerns about the emotional toll on individuals and their families.
  • An elderly woman named Ms. Sanchez still maintains an active lifestyle, but there is an emotional toll.
  • Ms. Sanchez expressed her desire for a day or two to herself, free from the worry of someone falling or wandering.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

Warning New York City

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/10/nyregion/warning-new-york-city-to-prepare-as-its-residents-grow-older.html?src=me 長文の英語の記事の解釈をお願いし申し訳ありません。 上記サイトの、最終の2つの段落に当たる下記の文について お教えください。 1) 下記の"But there is an emotional toll."についての適訳をお教えください。 She still dances to salsa music and paints her nails, and her daughter takes her everywhere, including recently to a bar in Brooklyn for a friend’s birthday party. But there is an emotional toll. 2) 下記の文は下記のような解釈で良いでしょうか。 「転倒の心配をしなくても良い時は、徘徊が心配だ。1,2日休みが欲しい」とMs. Sanchez は言った。 “I need a day or two to myself,” Ms. Sanchez said, “when I don’t have to worry about somebody falling, somebody wandering.”

• binm
  • お礼率92% (174/188)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

1)  彼女(91歳の母親の方)は、まだサルサの音楽に合わせて踊り、(足の)爪を染める、娘さんは彼女をどこへでも連れて行く、この間も友だちの誕生日パーティーにブルックリンのバーに連れて行った。でも気疲れが半端ではない。 2) 下記の文は下記のような解釈で良いでしょうか。 「転倒の心配をしなくても良い時は、徘徊が心配だ。1,2日休みが欲しい」とMs. Sanchez は言った。 “I need a day or two to myself,” Ms. Sanchez said, “when I don’t have to worry about somebody falling, somebody wandering.”  はい、いいです。  「(母が)倒れるんじゃないか、(母が)どこかを彷徨いているのじゃないか、と心配しなくてもいい一日か二日(でもいいから)、私(だけの)時間がほしい」とサンチェスさんは言った。 とも。

binm
質問者

お礼

いつもお世話になっております。 回答有難うございます。

その他の回答 (2)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

> She still dances to salsa music and paints her nails, and her daughter takes her everywhere, including recently to a bar in Brooklyn for a friend’s birthday party. But there is an emotional toll.  彼女はサルサのダンスをしたりネイルを塗ったりするし、娘がどこにでも連れていってくれる。最近だとブルックリンのバーで開かれた友人の誕生会に出席した。けれども、そのための精神的な負担は大変なものだ。 > "I need a day or two to myself," Ms. Sanchez said, "when I don’t have to worry about somebody falling, somebody wandering."  「たまには息抜きの日が要るわ。誰か転びやしないか、誰か徘徊しやしないかと神経を尖らせていなくていい時がね」 とサンチェスさん。

• diasis
  • ベストアンサー率16% (11/67)
回答No.1

1.しかし、感情的な料金があります 2.1.2日休養が必要だと言いました、私が倒れても心配はしなくていいよ ぶらついてる誰かが私の様子をみてくれるだろう。 たぶん、家の人が様子をみてくれるってことかな 間違ってたらすみませんww

binm
質問者

お礼

回答有難うございました。

関連するQ&A

• Warning New York City

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/10/nyregion/warning-new-york-city-to-prepare-as-its-residents-grow-older.html?src=me 上記の記事の第2段落の下記の所の和訳について、お教え下さい。 The security measures are for Ms. Sanchez’s mother, Alba Baez. At 91, she has Alzheimer’s disease and such nimble feet that not long ago a relative helping care for her busied herself in another room for a few minutes only to find Ms. Baez on the sidewalk, barefoot and partly unclothed. At 91,以下の所、a relative helping care以下のところがよくわかりませんが、下記のような感じ?で良いでしょうか。 「Sanchezさんの91歳の母はアルツハイマー症であるが、動作は良く、Sanchezさんが忙しくしているわずかの隙に、裸足、着の身着のままで外にいることがある」

• Warningの意味を教えてください。

こんにちわ。 http://www.dnsreport.com/というところで、自分のドメイン名を入力してDNS Reportをやってもらったところ、mailサーバーのチェックに関して以下のようなWarningがだされました。よく言ってる内容がわからないのですが、どなたかご解説いただけませんでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。 WARNING: One or more of your mailservers is claiming to be a host other than what it really is (the SMTP greeting should be a 3-digit code, followed by a space or a dash, then the host name). This probably won't cause any harm, but is a technical violation of RFC821 4.3 (and RFC2821 4.3.1). Note that the hostname given in the SMTP greeting should have an A record pointing back to the same server.

• 例えなのか、実際そうなのか

以下、友人からの手紙ですが、この人は、例えとしてprostate-cancer-filled bladder to piss onを用いているのか、または、実際この人にそういったことが起きているのか、解釈に悩んでいます。たぶん、現実に起きているのだろうと思っているのですが、みなさんはどう思われますか? すみません、くだらない質問で。 (前段として、とても良い人が若くして亡くなったことの報告があり、以下が続きます。) people waste time wondering if there is a God. Actually, that's an irrelevant question. Either there is nothing, which makes sense, but if there is one, he/she/it/whatever is a complete XXXK that I would use my last prostate-cancer-filled bladder to piss on.

• be動詞+不定詞

Seeing as your stepdaughter is 18, she is mature enough to listen to you. Make clear that she is still allowed to have occasional sleepovers -- as in once or twice a month, not four or five nights a week -- but there is to be nothing sexual happening under your roof between her and her boyfriend or anyone else. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/dearannie/s-2037989 there is to beのbe動詞+不定詞の解説をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳希望

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 説明文のようです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 The financial prospects can be determined from the stars to some extent. Love can give emotional support, a hand to hold in a lonely hour, but love and understanding doesn’t pay any bills, and the practical issues of life are always lurking beneath ones future dreams. There is no denying that wealth and worldly goods, are an important feature of any marriage. Will there be comfortable circumstance ahead, or chilling poverty and bare regrets? This is an aspect to be looked at carefully in any prospective marriage chart and it is what I will come to next.

• 意味を教えてください

Q. Making a financial plan with and for mom: My mother is a freelancer whose flow of work has dropped precipitously, from steady as recently as five years ago, to practically nil in 2017. She inherited some money and that floated her for a little while, but now she’s putting things on credit cards. Help! She has already declared bankruptcy twice. She is kind of at the end of her rope, as drained emotionally as she is financially. She lives in an expensive part of the country. I have encouraged her to move to my city, which is considerably less expensive. She is considering it, but reluctant. How do we start to make an actual plan? I’m not rich but I’m steadier than she is right now, financially speaking. I don’t want to wait until things get any worse, and she gets into even more debt. Any advice is appreciated! A: There are certainly ways you can be helpful to your mother, but the responsibility for making “an actual plan” lies with her, not with you. You can’t want financial stability for her more than she does. She’s already declared bankruptcy twice, which is obviously far from ideal, but also suggests that she knows what to do when her financial outlook is especially bleak. Encourage her to see a financial adviser, to reduce costs wherever possible (including moving to a less expensive city, although not necessarily yours), to seek more stable work, and to look into social services her age may soon qualify her for. Consider now (rather than when she faces an emergency) how much money, if any, you are willing to give her to help meet her expenses, and whether your own budget will survive if she never pays you back, especially since it seems unlikely that she ever could. Everyone has different values when it comes to giving family members money, so I’m not going to tell you that you absolutely should or shouldn’t. But it’s better to have a plan in mind before things get dire. The important thing to remember is that your mother is an adult with resources that extend beyond you. an adult with resources that extend beyond youの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I work at a library in my hometown. An 80-year-old woman who uses the computer is always messing it up. She's there 10 hours a week and does a lot of damage, but no one wants to hurt her feelings by telling her she's screwing up. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/anniesmailbox/s-2143613 ここでのmessing it upとscrewing upの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

My dear neighbor "Susie" and I attend the same exercise class twice a week. She wants to alternate who drives to the class, but neither she nor her husband is a good driver. He has vision problems and had an accident, and she is a nervous driver, as well as a nervous passenger, calling out whether it is OK to proceed at an intersection. calling out whether it is OK to proceed at an intersectionの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 同じ意味の文

こんにちは。 2文をほぼ同じ意味になるように( )に適語を入れる問いで、調べながら解いていたのですが、次の6つの問いが解くことができませんでした・・。どのような文法、連語で解けばいいのか分からないのですが、ヒントでもかまいませんので分かる方いらっしゃいましたら御願い致します。 1.We can go to Paris in a day by plane. = Flying ( ) us to go to Paris in a day. 2.He is a person who works hard. = He is a hard ( ). 3.I don't know her at all. = She is a complete ( ) to ( ). 4.As he was poor, he couldn't go to the university. = His ( ) prevented him ( from? ) going to the university. 5.There is no hope that he will recover. = There is no hope of his ( ). 6.She used to get uo early when she was young. = She was an early ( ) in her ( ).

• 英語の中学生の問題です 解けません!

giving is like living  与えることは 生きることに 似ている   でいいのでしょうか She said that if you stop wanting to give there is no more meaning in life 彼女は あれを言った もし あなたが 与えるをもとめることをやめたら そこは いみw¥を 住む ああ 無理だ This is not just because of her movies,but also devotion of her devotion to children all over the world 訳と 詳しい解説をおねがいします・・・もう無理だ・・