Warning New York City - Safety Measures for an Elderly Woman with Alzheimer's

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A security measure has been put in place for Alba Baez, a 91-year-old woman with Alzheimer's disease.
  • Due to her nimble feet, a relative once found her on the sidewalk, barefoot and partly unclothed.
  • This incident highlights the challenges of caring for someone with Alzheimer's.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

Warning New York City

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/10/nyregion/warning-new-york-city-to-prepare-as-its-residents-grow-older.html?src=me 上記の記事の第2段落の下記の所の和訳について、お教え下さい。 The security measures are for Ms. Sanchez’s mother, Alba Baez. At 91, she has Alzheimer’s disease and such nimble feet that not long ago a relative helping care for her busied herself in another room for a few minutes only to find Ms. Baez on the sidewalk, barefoot and partly unclothed. At 91,以下の所、a relative helping care以下のところがよくわかりませんが、下記のような感じ?で良いでしょうか。 「Sanchezさんの91歳の母はアルツハイマー症であるが、動作は良く、Sanchezさんが忙しくしているわずかの隙に、裸足、着の身着のままで外にいることがある」

• binm
  • お礼率92% (174/188)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • lemondo
  • ベストアンサー率71% (5/7)
回答No.1

ラフでいいなら訳します。 「安全策をとったのは、サンチェスさんの91歳になる母親 アルバ バエズさんがアルツハイマー病を患い、面倒を 見に来た親戚がちょっと目を離したすきに軽々と、はだしで 服もまともに着ないで出て行ってしまったからだ」 大都市ニューヨークも徘徊老人に備えねば、という記事だ、と 思います。

binm
質問者

お礼

helping care for her busied herself のher herself はrelative と解釈すればいいわけですね。 有り難う御座いました。

関連するQ&A

• Warning New York City

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/10/nyregion/warning-new-york-city-to-prepare-as-its-residents-grow-older.html?src=me 長文の英語の記事の解釈をお願いし申し訳ありません。 上記サイトの、最終の2つの段落に当たる下記の文について お教えください。 1) 下記の"But there is an emotional toll."についての適訳をお教えください。 She still dances to salsa music and paints her nails, and her daughter takes her everywhere, including recently to a bar in Brooklyn for a friend’s birthday party. But there is an emotional toll. 2) 下記の文は下記のような解釈で良いでしょうか。 「転倒の心配をしなくても良い時は、徘徊が心配だ。1,2日休みが欲しい」とMs. Sanchez は言った。 “I need a day or two to myself,” Ms. Sanchez said, “when I don’t have to worry about somebody falling, somebody wandering.”

• He would hold the door

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/22/nyregion/a-proper-farewell-for-a-homeless-man-who-was-rich-in-friendship.html?ref=nyregion 上記URLの下記の部分(9番目の段落)についての和訳をお教えください。 --- He would hold the door for customers and ask for spare change, and came to be the mayor of the block, a friendly fixture to some, a nuisance to others. --- 原文が長文で申し訳ありませんが、よろしくお願いします。

• 下記英文について

I am a student at Peterson College, and I am writing to ask for your company's support for a charity event that I am helping to organize. The event is a costume party at the Arnfield Community Center. It is being held to raise money for Arnfield Action, which is a charity that provides wheelchairs and other equipment for disabled people. Arnfield Actionとはその前にでてきたArnfield Community Centerとどういったつながりなのでしょうか? Arnfield とはCommunity Centerの名前でしょうか?

• 英文について

問いに対する答えを.主語と動詞を含む英文で書いてください 英語が苦手ですみません・・・・ 教えてください Ms. Sato teaches English to children at home. She had a lunch party with the childen last Sunday. Five children came to her house at eleven. Ms. Sato made okonomiyaki and gave two notebooks to each child. They enjoyed the party for three hours. 問い What time did Ms. Sato and the children finish the party? すみませんが教えてください 分からなく困っています

• 教えてくださいww

英語なんですが、 It's a plan for helping poor children. という文が教科書にのってました。 なぜhelpingなのでしょうか? 先生に聞くと、isとhelpがかぶると原型どうしになるとよく分からなかったんで・・・ぇ もしその場合だと They are learning to read and write. の文が原型どうしになると思うんですが・・・ よくわからなくてすみません・・・

• よろしくお願いします

I recently moved to college in a lively student town and have for the first time found myself receiving a generous helping of male attention from a number of fairly decent fellows. a generous helping of male attentioはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、haveの後にfor the first timeが来ていますが、どこにでもfor the first timeを置けるという訳ではないですよね?何か決まりはあるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

Four years ago, my sweet and loving husband, the awesome father of our three children, was struck down by brain cancer and suffered brain trauma following emergency surgery. I’ve cared for him at home, dealing with the hassles of hospitals, insurance, family drama (his parents blame me for his health issues). He will never recover and he is declining. It is like being married to a 41-year-old Alzheimer’s patient. He does not remember me, our long marriage, or our kids. I’m trying to place him in a nursing home, but there are waiting lists. About a year ago, I met a man who was genuine and kind. As the friendship grew, he began helping with my kids, even helping my husband by playing music and visiting with him. My boyfriend knows I am committed to giving my husband the care he deserves and respects that this is a package deal. that this is a package dealはthatの後に完全な文がきていて変な感じがするのですが、どのような役割のthatでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 関係詞の先行詞は?

NHKテレビ英会話講座より We're honored to have Ms.Ann Beebe,who has been in Japan for 20 years, I understand, and is currently director of the ABC company. 来日20年になられ、現在はABC社の取締役をなさっているアン・ビービーさんをお迎えできて光栄に存じます。 (質問)コンマごとに振り分けます。 (a)We're honored to have Ms.Ann Beebe (b)who has been in Japan for 20 years (c)I understand (d)and is currently director of the ABC company. 質問1.(b)のwhoの先行詞は(a)のMs.Ann.Beebeでしょうか? 質問2・(c)の[I understand]は(d)についてでしょうか?(b)についてでしょうか? 質問3.(d)の[and is...]以下が解りにくいんですが、[is]の主語は[Ms.Ann Beebe who has been in Japan for 20 years]でしょうか? 質問4.(d)の[and]はどういう役割の接続詞でしょうか? [Ms.Ann Beebe who has been in Japan for 20 years] AND [Ms.Ann Beebe is currently director of the ABC company.]でしょうか? 質問を複雑にして申し訳ありません。[and is]を中心にお答えいただければと思います。よろしくお願いいたします。以上

• セックス・アンド・ザ・シティの台詞の和訳

Sex and the City セカンドシーズン「Evolution」で出てくる会話の一つで、どうしても理解できないスラングがあったので、ご存知の方がいらっしゃれば教えてください。 前後の会話はこんな感じです。 Charlotte: You left your anderwear at Big's. Carrie: No, but I did leave a hair brush, and a hair dryer, razors.... Mirande: Wow, good for you. Carrie: And something else. Mirande: What? Carrie: For the first time at Big's, I did a number two. Charlotte & Mirande: Oh, no!! Carrie: I think it's a good sign that I feel comfortable enough with Big to do a number two. Charlotte: It is not a good sign! It's the end of romance. この会話で出てくる「do a number two」という部分の和訳が分かりません。辞書には出てこないので、恐らくスラングだと思うのですが。 よろしくお願いします。

• この文の構造と訳お願いします。

For the man who lives in a pre-industrial world, time moves at a slow and easy pace;he does not care about each minute, for the good reason that he has not been made conscious of the existence of minutes.