• ベストアンサー

ー挿入ーの構文がとれません。

If he is healthy -- are you sick of that qualifier yet? -- he will be a dynamic leadoff man and a plus outfielder. 「もし彼が健康ならーあなたがその資格にうんざりしていないならー彼はダイナミックなリードオフマンになるだろう、そして良い外野手になるだろう。」 ーーで囲まれた部分は一体どういう意味なんでしょうか? よかったら訳していただけませんでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

もし健康ならーーこんな資格論議はもう聞き飽きたかなーー彼はダイナミックなリードオフマン、そして良い外野手になるだろう。 まず、that qualifierは、healthyであること。リードオフマンになるのに、健康も条件に入っているーーだから、健康ならーーという但し書きが入るーーこんなことを言いたくないのだけれど、書かないと後で何か言われてもいやなので書きますがーーという状況での、一種の言い訳のようなことでしょう。 読者が、また健康問題を持ち出してきたかーーと思うことを見越しての言葉だと思います。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

• oignies
  • ベストアンサー率20% (673/3354)
回答No.3

回答2であってます。 qualifierは性質をあらわす形容詞というくらいの意味で、ここでは、healthy をさしています。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • litsa1234
  • ベストアンサー率28% (230/795)
回答No.2

>If he is healthy -- are you sick of that qualifier yet? -- he will be a dynamic leadoff man and a plus outfielder. >ーーで囲まれた部分は一体どういう意味なんでしょうか? 「このhealthyという形容詞はもう耳にタコができるほど聞き飽きたかな?」 「他の選手達にも使った表現なのでもう耳タコだよね。」 くらいの意味ですね。 以上、参考になれば幸いです。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 抽象的かもしれませんが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 On the day you meet he will impress you, and in the days and hours afterwards he will haunt you. That is the only word for it. He will make an impact on the depth of your being that barely registers, except that in the time that follows you will not be able to think of any man but him.. He will seem striking, alluring in some way that you cannot fathom, and which has nothing to do with his looks, as though a chord is struck in your deeper soul, or the innermost chambers of your being. You will recognize him, not only from the description, which is in a sense quite bland, but something inside of you will be mesmerized. All day and days afterwards he will have stamped his indelible impression on your mind and you’ll keep thinking back to him, to the meeting, to the man, to the warm kindling feeling inside of you. Like a curtain of a dream it will drop across you life. It will be that mystical, that beautiful, yet real and solid too.

• 「man=人」として使用するときの冠詞

「man=人」として使用するときを調べてみたら次のような文が出てきました。 It doesn't follow that a man is great because he knows many things. It may be said that a man is known by the company he keeps. No man is so old but he can learn. Be a man ever so rich, he must not be idle. A man is worthy of respect not because he is rich but because he has wisdom. Far more important is the fact that man can speak and write. 「man=人」としてmanを使う場合に冠詞をつけたりつけなかったりして使い方が分かりません。 あとついでに教えていただきたいのですが、 最近は性差別の問題から「man=人」を使うのを避ける傾向があると聞いたことがあるのですが、 manであればそのmanを代名詞heで受けられますが、 man以外の単語を使った場合、何と言う代名詞で受けるのでしょうか。

• 英語 挿入について

(1)The man who I thought was his uncle proved to be a stranger 上の文を2つに分解したものが↓ 【1】The man proved to be a stranger 【2】I thought (that)he was his uncle ------------------------------------------------------- (1)が出来上がるまでの過程として、参考書に “【2】のI thoughtは一旦無視して、先ずhe was his uncleを who was his uncleとして先行詞につなげる。 そして後からI thoughtを補う。これが関係詞直後の挿入である” という主旨の記述がなされていたんですが、 何故この様な回りくどい事をするのか疑問に思います。 “【2】のheは【1】のthe man とダブるから whoに変えて先行詞となるthe manの直後に移動、 そして【2】の中で残されたものをそのままwhoの後ろに続ける” という至極単純なものが自分の考え方なのですが、 (1)の文は挿入という手段を用いない限り 完成しない文なのでしょうか?

• 英文の翻訳

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 意訳大歓迎です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 The future man whom you will meet as described will be a warm hearted and generous person. Proud and affectionate to a degree. He will has a masculinity about him and sex appeal, that exudes. Strong, possibly athletic, with a strong masculine character. He will be an outspoken assertive forceful man with strong feelings and may tend to dominate you. A man used to commanding respect and being in charge. Used to taking the lead.

• 英文の和訳

英文を和訳していただけるかた のみでお願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の後半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He is defensive and so can be quarrelsome, a man who has had a life full of disputes. He can be jealous, threatening, boastful and cruel. Love can be a battle ground, the wounds you, but it will also be irresistible, powerful and stirring. He is wealthier than you. He is a strong man but not always a good or righteous man. There will be times when you feel the prevents you making a starting new things in your life, but also would feel lost without him.. The beginning of the relationship or the early years of the marriage will be the most difficult for this is a relationship that grows better with time. The karmic task of the relationship is to build a love that I respects your individuality and your rights to your own life, but doesn’t lead to living separate lives.

• 英語小問題

わからなかったものを中心に書いてます。 お願いします。 ・次の各組の文がほぼ同じ意味になるように()内に適語を補いなさい 1He isn't back yet. Perhaps he missde his train. He isn't back yet. He ()()()his train. 2 It's a pity that you didn't tell me the truth. You ()()() me the truth. 3 It's a pity that laughed at his mistake. You ought () to ()() at his mistake. 4 You waited for me, but it was not necessary.  You needn't ()() for me. ・並び替えなさい。 1 You (at/be/if/laughed/will)you wear that silly hat. 2 Such a thing ought (about/be/not/spoken/to) in public. 3 Last night he (by/got/stopped/the police/while) he was driving home.

• 真実性を疑うときのbe動詞はどのように?

例えば、「彼が病気だなんてことは信じない。」には、 I don't believe that he is sick. だけでなく、下記もより強い非真実性のニュアンスを伴ってありうるでしょうか。  I don't believe that he be sick. I don't believe that he would be sick.

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致します

A good farmer is always one of the most intelligent and best educated men in our society. We have been inclined in our wild industrial development, to forget that agriculture is the base of our whole economy and that in the economic structure of the nation it is always the cornerstone. It has always been so throughout history and it will continue to be so until there are no more men on this earth. We are apt to forget that that the man who owns land and cherishes it and works it well is the source of our stability as a nation, not only in the economic but the social sense as well. できるだけ詳しく教えていただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願い致します🙏

• be believed of ?

There are two things that will be believed of any man whatsoever, and one of them is that he has taken to drink. という文章を見かけました。何をいっているのか分からないのですが、教えていただけないでしょうか。 「いかなる人にも信じられるであろう二つのことがある。 そのうち一つは、その人が飲むことにした」??? すみません。。

• No.1554991の関係代名詞節内の挿入について

今日英語カテゴリーをROMしていて、偶然No.1554991の質問に遭遇しました。 当事者の間ではもう決着がついていますが 改めて別の視点から質問させてください。 (No.1554991から引用しますことお許しください。) 誤りを正す問題です。4つの括弧の内一つが誤りです。 [1]The man (whom) I thought (was) a doctor (turned out) to (be) the researcher. 正解はwhom をwhoにかえるという事でした。 >The man turned out to be a researcher. >I thought he was a doctor. >の2文で後のheを関係代名詞に変えて一文にしたもの それには全く異論はありません。 教えていただきたいのは The man turned out to be a researcher. I thought him a doctor. と考えると、2つの文を1つにして The man whom I thought a doctor turned out to be a resercher. とは出来ないんでしょうか。 間違い探しの答えは、<wasが不要> としてもOKだと思うのですが。 尚、『ロイヤル英文法 改定新版』P494 にthink +O+(to be)の例文が出ています。   I thought him (to be) a nice man. ( )内は省略化 →I thought that he was a nice man. もっとも SVO+to be の形は受動態以外ではthat 節以外のほうが一般に普通だとは書いていますが。 皆さんのご意見お聞かせください。 解答していただく皆様へ この後ここに戻ってこれるのは2~3日後になります。もしかしたら日曜日あたりになるかもしれませんので お暇な時にご解答いただけたらと思います。