穴埋め問題で気になる解説

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 穴埋め問題の解答と解説をご紹介します。1問目は「My pencil broke during the last test. This time, I'm going to (穴埋め) and take five pencils.」の文の続きを選ぶ問題です。正解は「4. play it safe」です。次の3問も同様に解答と解説をご紹介します。
  • 2問目は「Paul, your CDs are all over the floor. Come in here and (穴埋め).」の文の続きを選ぶ問題です。正解は「1. put them away」です。
  • 3問目は「The new magazine offers revealing (穴埋め) into political and economic issues.」の文の続きを選ぶ問題です。正解は「2. insights」です。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

穴埋めと解説をお願いします。

1.My pencil broke during the last test. This time, I'm going to () and take five pencils. 1.work it out 2. turn it around 3. keep it up 4.play it safe 2. Paul, your CDs are all over the floor. Come in here and (). 1. put them away 2. put them on 3. take them up 4. take them off 3. The new magazine offers revealing () into political and economic issues. 1. visions 2. insights 3.information 4. illusions 4.The doctor told Jerry to cut () on work. Keep exercising, and stay away from caffeine during his rehabilitation period. 1.back 2. off 3. away 4. over 5.There have been three () of responsibility for the bomb blast that ripped through the cenral part of the city last Saturday. 1. appeals 2.claims 3. demands 4. calls ここのresponsibilityはどういう意味ですか? 6.Greg loves to study the lives of great historical () and dreams of becoming a great person himself. 1. members 2. personnel 3.figures 4. creatures 7. Some people argue that cigarette advertisment by handsome movie stars () the desire of young people to look cool. 1.roll up 2.break off 3.set out 4.play on たくさんありますが、回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

1.My pencil broke during the last test. This time, I'm going to (play it safe) and take five pencils. play it safe → 大事を取る 2. Paul, your CDs are all over the floor. Come in here and (take them away). →どこかに持っていくのでawayがぴったりです。take them offだと、空中に持ち上げただけのよう。 3. The new magazine offers revealing (insights) into political and economic issues. 4.The doctor told Jerry to cut (back) on work. Keep exercising, and stay away from caffeine during his rehabilitation period. cut back on → reduce 5.There have been three (claims) of responsibility for the bomb blast that ripped through the central part of the city last Saturday. →3つの犯行声明がでたことになります。 He is responsible for the bomb blast.なら、彼はその爆弾の爆発の責任がある、爆弾の爆発を招いたーーという意味になります。 そのresponsibleの名詞がresponsibilityで、爆弾の爆発の、責任という意味です。 ーーつまり、自分がやったという主張、自分たちに責任があるという主張(claim)ということになります。ですから、犯行声明を出すーー程度の意味になります。 6.Greg loves to study the lives of great historical (figures) and dreams of becoming a great person himself. →重要な人をfigureと言います。 7. Some people argue that cigarette advertisement by handsome movie stars (play on) the desire of young people to look cool. play on→つけこむ、利用する 以上でいかがでしょうか?

ciel_soleil
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。いつもお世話になっています。これからもよろしくお願いします。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の穴埋め問題

下の語句を使って、穴埋めをしなさい という問題です。よろしくお願いします。 bread / butter / fingers / loaf / meat / sandwich / slice / slices `I want to make some sandwiches` `Well, go and buy a (1) of  (2).  Cut in into (3).  Put some (4) on oneside of each (5). Then cut some (6) up, and put some of it between each two (7) of  the (8).` `Do I put the sides with (9) on them inside or outside?` `Don't be stupid! Inside, of course, or your (10) will be covered with (11) when you pick a(12)up !` 以上です。

• 穴埋めについて

穴埋めの問題です。 答えの訂正と、[]の和訳のアドバイスをお願いしますm(__)m -------------------- 1.She bought (lots of clothing) at the department store last Sunday. [彼女は前の日曜日に百貨店でたくさんの衣服を買った。] 2.I've just finished cleaning my room and found it (the very) hard work. [私はちょうど部屋の掃除と本当に大変な仕事を終えた。] 3.That sofa would take up too (many rooms) in the flat. [あのソファーは~(これ以降の和訳が解りません)] 4.He has quit (drinking) because of his poor health. [彼は食欲が無いので、飲むことをやめた。] 5.“Have you sent the manager's letter?” “No, not yet. I must have it (signed) first.” [あなたは支配人の手紙(?)を送りましたか。いえ、まだです。私は最初にそれに署名しなければならない。] 6.Don't get off the bus till it (stopping). [バスが止まるまで降りないで下さい。] 7.Bill is (sure) to turn up on time. [ビルはきっと時間通りに姿を現すだろう。] 8.The music at the party was very loud and (could be heard) from far away. [パーティーの音はとても大きく、遠くから聞くことができる。]

• 訳をお願いします

He or she might take off the glasses and put them away to indicate that a meeting is finished. Sometimes people look over their glasses and raise their eyebrows to indicate that they do not believe what someone is saying. In these and other ways, glasses can affect cmmmunication. よろしくお願いします。

• 言い換えができるでしょうか

She picked up a plastic container lid and put it up to the peanut butter machine, scraping off the peanut butter from where it comes out of the machine. この文はShe picked up a plastic container lid, put it up to the peanut butter machine, and spraped off the peanut butter from where it comes out of the machine. と言い換えができるでしょうか?何か違いが生じるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• イディオムの使い方について

次のような場合の使い分けが分かりません。 take off put on 等は take off the coat take it off put on the coat put it on のようにtake off 名詞  take 代名詞 off のような語順になると思いますが、 see off「見送る」の場合何故 see off my friend とならずに see my friend offとなるのですか。 名詞、代名詞を 中に入れたり、外に出したりというのはどのように理解するべきなのですか。

• 英文を訳してもらえませんか? <part2>

People in other areas also wanted to find ways to do something. Some of them actually gave a helping hand to the victims by ciearing the streets and serving hot meals. Millions of people have donated money and goods. Aid came from not only within Japan but from many other countries. There are lots of students who want to help people in need. You may not be able to take action right away, but there are many things that young people can do. Doing volunteer work during long vacations is one of them. Studying is another . It will help you to learn things to make this nation a safer place. 長い文章ですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 英検の穴埋めテストでわからないところがあります。

下記の4つの中から適切な語句を選んで意味も教えてください。回答よろしくお願いします。 1.There is no need to () annual festival just because the city doesn't have much money. 1 do away with 2.lool up to 3 take notice of 4 set eyes on 2. No matter what excuse Sandy makes , don't believe it. She always tries to () not doing any work. 1.run off with 2.run out on 3.get away with 4.get up on 3.Tension is rising in the () between the kidnappers and the police. 1. standstill 2.standoff 3.standby 4.stand-in 4.The highways are closed because more than twenty cars had () in the heavy fog. 1.collided 2 violated 3.disputed 4. confronted 5.The detective's reputation was greatly () by solving the Queensdale murders. 1.confined 2.enhanced 3. refined 4. enlightened 6. The sports committee decided to () plans for a new basketball court due to a luck of funds. 1grab 2. tear 3. scrap 4. stack

• 解説をよろしくお願いします

For instance, let’s take the most common form of incompatibility: the one where two people have vastly different needs in terms of how much and how often they desire sex. Some people want to get it on just about every day, or even multiple times per day; others would prefer to have sex a couple times a year, if that. if thatの解説をよろしくお願いします

• 穴埋めについて

説明不足だったので投稿し直しました。 ()の4つの選択肢の中で、私が考えた答えの語句の前に○をしました。 また、考えた答えに基づいて[]の和訳を考えました。 考えた答えと和訳の訂正とアドバイスをお願いしますm(__)m -------------------- 1.She bought (○lots of clothing/many clothings/a number of clothing/several clothing) at the department store last Sunday. [彼女は前の日曜日に百貨店でたくさんの衣服を買った。] 2.I've just finished cleaning my room and found it (a very/one very/○the very/very) hard work. [私はちょうど部屋の掃除と本当に大変な仕事を終えた。] 3.That sofa would take up too (much room/much rooms/many room/○many rooms) in the flat. [あのソファーは~(これ以降の和訳が解りません)] 4.He has quit (○drinking/to drink/of drinking/from drinking) because of his poor health. [彼は食欲が無いので、飲むことをやめた。] 5.“Have you sent the manager's letter?” “No, not yet. I must have it (be signed/his signature/sign/○signed) first.” [あなたは支配人の手紙(?)を送りましたか。いえ、まだです。私は最初にそれに署名しなければならない。] 6.Don't get off the bus till it (stopped/○stopping/stops/will stop). [バスが止まるまで降りないで下さい。] 7.Bill is (capable/necessary/○sure/used) to turn up on time. [ビルはきっと時間通りに姿を現すだろう。] 8.The music at the party was very loud and (can hear it/○could be heard/could hear/could hear it) from far away. [パーティーの音はとても大きく、遠くから聞くことができる。]

• 今日の星占い英文の翻訳をお願いします

Your people are more important than ever today -- and you need to make sure that they know it! Gather them up and take them out somewhere fun, and tell each one what they mean to you.