• ベストアンサー

英語の表現

今まで何故あなたは彼女のことが好きではないというふりをしてきたのですか? この文を英語にしたとき、 until now why have you pretended that you don't like her ? 現在完了の時、that節は時制の一致はどうなるのでしょうか?この場合はdidn'tにすべきでしょうか? またGoogleで「今まで何故それを隠してきたのですか?」"until now why have you hidden it?"といれても全然ヒットしません。不自然なのでしょうか?why did you hide it?の方が普通なのでしょうか?

• 2no-7
  • お礼率75% (82/108)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数15

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

Until now why have you pretended that you don't like her? →これは文法的にあっている、意味もわかる英文です。 私なら以下のように言いたいところです。 How come you have been pretending to dislike her until now? Why have you been acting as if you don't like her until now? この文を英語にしたとき、 現在完了の時、that節は時制の一致はどうなるのでしょうか? 現在完了は現在形の一種ですから時制がきちんとあってます。 この場合はdidn'tにすべきでしょうか? →いいえ、現在完了形にしないとダメです。didn'tでは過去のことになり、until nowと釣り合いがとれません。 またGoogleで「今まで何故それを隠してきたのですか?」"until now why have you hidden it?"といれても全然ヒットしません。不自然なのでしょうか? "Why have you been hiding it until now" で3件ヒット "Why have you hidden it until now"で9件ヒット "Until now why have you been hiding it"で1件ヒット "Until now why have you hidden it"で3件ヒットします。 why did you hide it?の方が普通なのでしょうか? →こっちの方が短く、文脈もいろいろありそうですからヒットしやすいというだけです。これで判断してはいけません。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

2no-7
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 とてもすっきりしました。

関連するQ&A

• この英語表現は正しいですか?

書く英語 基礎編のLesson 178 練習問題5の解答によれば、 あなたが彼女に会うことはそんなに(so)大事なことだったのですか Was it so important that you had to see her? となっていました。しかし、これは、 Was it so important that you see her? と書くべきではないのですか? 何だか腑に落ちません。

• 英語が合っているか見て欲しいですm(__)m

He did something?に 『なにもしてないよ。ただ今までの積み重なりで私が彼にたいして腹が立っただけ。彼も私が彼のことをもう愛してないなんて思いもしないと思う。(気づいてないと思う)』←と言いたいのですが、 No he didn't. I just felt frustrated with all the things until today. I don't think he thinks that I don't like him anymore .←英語合ってますか?(>_<)

• 英語を日本語に訳してください

英語を日本語に訳してください 中国人です。以下の文、日本語で話したいですが、自然な日本語が話したいです。 でも中国語を理解するのは難しいと思うんで、同じ意味を持ってる英語を日本語に訳しよう。 文: 「Are you with some problem? まさか you even don't know what I want yet?I have told you exactly, I let you not to spread out, that would make both her and I feel shy. But you didn't hear to me, you kept on spreading out. Do you know it is too much hurt to her? Are you still human being? Do you still have conscience!? If you still have coscience, please apologize to her. I will say it again, it is also the last time, I am speaking to you seriously, so don't spread out it any more!」 英語御上手に話す方お願いします。

• 英語が合っているか見て欲しいですm(__)m

『てか、今さらだけど どうしてあのとき私にチャットしようと思ったの?』と言いたいのですが、 (出会いはチャットで、彼の方から来ました。 そのことについて彼に聞いてみたくて。) (1)Right now, but why did you decide to chat with me at that time ? (2)By the way, it's a while ago, but what made you want to message me and have a chat? (1)と(2)、どちらがあってますか? また、変なところがあれば教えてくださいm(__)m

• 日本語に翻訳してくださいm(__)m

ニュアンスがわかりません。 翻訳してくださいm(__)m 私Hey I have to ask you something. 私Q1. Why are you keeping your ex contact? 彼Q1 I had her as a contact so I could know what’s going on in her life. 私Q2. I've been thinking a lot about how you still have your ex's contacts, and that pisses me off after all. If you think only about me as you insist, then please block her and delete her contact info. Can you promise me that you'll delete all of her contacts? (If you don't like to do that, please tell me why.) 彼Q2 yes I will do that for you :3 私Q3. Have you ever say your ex also, that you wanted to marry her? 彼Q3 no way 私Q4. Have you ever shown your area to her too? 彼Q4 no, I’ve never shown anyone my area before. That’s why it took so long for me to send. Because I told myself I would never ever take a pic like that, but I really love you so much so that’s why I did it

• 英語の質問です。

下の文の訳を教えてください。 1.You are the last person I would have expected to see in a library. 2.It is not what we eat but what we digest that makes us strong. 3.It was in Melbourne that the 1965 Olympic Games were held. 4.It was not until she arrived at the station that she realized she had forgotten her watch. 5.There's little, if any, hope of his being alive. 6.They seldom, if ever, go to their hometown in England. 7.When eating noodle in Japan, don't worry about making a noise. 8.You must listen attentively when spoken to. 9.It's quite a surprise to meet you here. 10.He didn't arrive until the discussion was over. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語を直してくださいますか。

英語を直してくださいますか。 宜しくお願いいたします。 I am in Japan now and sorry I didn't tell you about that. Thank you for all have done for me. I've really enjoyed my stay in England. I don't know that she is looking for a tenants or not. If you are available, could you call to her directly? See you again in England. 私は今日本で、それを知らせないで帰国してごめんなさい。 色々とありがとう。 イギリス滞在をとっても楽しみました。 彼女(部屋を貸してる人)がまだ人(部屋を借りてくれる人)を探してるかわからないけど もし可能なら直接電話してもらえますか。 またイギリスで会いましょう。

• 日記風に日々のことを書いて、英語の勉強をしています。いつものように添削をお願いいたします。

こんばんは、今夜も今日のことを書いてみました。書いてからいつも思うのですが、私が使う英単語は、本当に簡単なものばかり、これでいいのかな....と思ったりもします。続けなければ上達はないですよね。これからも少しづつ勉強していきたいと思います。どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Hi, my Crystal! I want to talk with you, so I came here. Do you have the time with me? I am glad to hear your “Yes!” BTW, I don’t remember clearly, but did I talk about my mini-rose? She is very cute and I love her! Now she is very weak, I worry about her. Do you know why she weak? This year it has been raining for a long time and we and her almost couldn’t get sunshine. It’s reason why she weak. We call this season “Tsuyu.” Wow, Crystal! I got a good news. Do you want to know what it is? Today it has finished Tsuyu season. We are now in really summer. Maybe my mini-rose will be well at soon, I hope so. Sorry, Cryatal! I have to prepare of our dinner. Take care, until next time. Ciao for now, my little sweet Crystal.

• [英語] ()に当てはまるものを教えて下さい><

1. A: Would you like me to repair it for you? B: () (1) No thanks, I'd rather do it myself. (2) Yes, but I don't know how.  (3) Yes, would you please show me how? (4) No, I couldn't show you how. 2. A: Well, how did you enjoy the party, Jenny? B: It was great! I really had a wonderful time. Thank you so much for living me! A: () (1) Don't mention it! (2) Not necessarily! (3) No way! (4) Don't even think about it! 3. A: I'm sorry I didn't visit you last night. B: () (1) Thank you very much. (2) I'd rather not. (3) That's all right. (4) Me, either. 4. A: Why don't we go out somewhere tonight? B: () A: OK. Let's go and see that new action movie. (1) Because we don't want to go out. (2) No, we don't want to go out.  (3) Well, I'd prefer to rent a video. (4) Yeah, that sounds good to me. 5. A: What is the best way to get to Tokyo? B: By train, if you want save time. A: () B: That depends on the traffic. (1) How much does it cost? (2) How often do I have to change?  (3) Is there an express train? (4) How long will it take by bus? 6. A: May I help you? B: No, thank you. I'm just looking. A: () We have a lot more items upstairs. B: Oh, do you? You have a large selection, don't you? (1) Take your time. (2) Take it easy. (3) Do your best. (4) Hurry up.

• 至急訳してほしいです!

I wonder if friend Einstain knew that time goes faster when you ' re with a friend. Dad, You act scary But I know you ' re really weak. Sorry I noticed. My name is Kiyoko , My older sister is Kanako, The dog is Ran, surely you can handle that much. Why was it that we fought? Why was it that we reconciled? It's a wonder. When you cry, I cry. When you smile, I smile. When you laugh, I laugh. When you dance, I laugh. Mother , don't die. Until I say it's. all right, don't die . Until I have finished repaying everything, don't die.