• 締切済み

all years がだめな理由

Tactics for TOEIC Listening and Reading Test のPractice Test 2 の問題からです。 After________ years of performing for live audience, stage director Kenneth Ogozi is glad to be working behind the scene agein. です。 空欄には、many が入ります。 allも選択肢にありますが、allが空欄に当てはまらない理由がよくわかりません。 解説には all his years なら可とあるのですが、all years ではなぜだめなのか、教えていただきたいです。 よろしくお願いします。

みんなの回答

• Nebusoku3
  • ベストアンサー率38% (1451/3789)
回答No.5

In the year 2000, he did something ...., in the year 2005, he added another peformance ..., and in the year 2010, changed a part of something.... などの後に次の文が来るのであれば 「all」 も あり かなと思います。 After all years of performing for live audience, stage director Kenneth Ogozi is glad to be working behind the scene agein.

csmt
質問者

お礼

ありな場合の例も教えていただき、ありがとうございます!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.4

After all his years of continuing は his years に形容詞 all がかかるという形で文法的に正常な形なので許されるのです。after all these years という句もよく使いますね。 "all years of" はやや文法破りで、これが使える例文を挙げると After all years of waiting / trying / training / studying など「随分長い間 xxx したのだけれど」と感慨を込める場合で、使える動詞は比較的限られてきます。continue だと「長い間続けるを続ける」みたいになって意味が分かりませんね、その1単語で反射的に意味が分かる動詞でないと使えないのです。

csmt
質問者

お礼

all years が許される場合も教えていただき、 ありがとうございました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • litsa1234
  • ベストアンサー率28% (230/795)
回答No.3

「years of performing」(演技の年月)を何で形容するかという問題ですね。 具体的な長さを示すものならどれでも「可」です。 ところが「all」の場合、「all years of performing」は具体的な長さが分りません。 これがダメな理由です。 以上、参考まで。

csmt
質問者

お礼

具体的な長さという点がポイントなのですね。 ありがとうございました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.2

all the years のように、all には the が付きものです。変化として his, her のような所有格か、these , those のような指示形容詞が付くこともあります。このような付きものの単語をまとめて「限定詞」といいます。all は他に選んだり、変化する余地がないので、限定詞を使うのです。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.1

限度が必要だからです。 MANY YEARS なら 多くの日々 ALL HIS YERS なら彼の生きた年月 ALL YEARS って「いつから始まるの?」 宇宙のはじまり? ホーキンス教授? キリスト生誕?するとアルカイダが怒ります 混乱して訳がわかりません

csmt
質問者

お礼

参考になりました。ありがとうございます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• allとeach

According to the office regulations, ( ) of the contracted employees gets promoted to full-time employee after working for six months. 選択肢 a, all b, each 答え each なぜ、空欄の後の動詞がgets複数形なのにeachなのですか? 詳しい解説お願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

For context, I’m in higher education (university) and as such that requires a HUGE amount of planning, scheming and plotting for getting to every class, performing all of the reading beforehand, making study plans for exams (even the ones that are months away), working on assignments and finding time to eat, sleep and keep hydrated in the process. ここでのhydrated はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに、 お願いできますでしょうか。 何卒よろしくお願いいたします。 Synastry is an immensely complex method of astrology. Just as a small piece of a mosaic or embroidery can take several hours to assemble, so the few pages that consist of this synastry reading have taken four hours to do. This is true of all my work. This is what you pay for, the amount of time spent working on the reading, rather than the number of pages. The synastry reading is sometimes tough not always shorter than the soul mate readings because of the time involved. Each planet aspect and sign in both charts have to be methodically weighted against the others and against all the cross aspects in the partners chart and accounted for before anything is ever written down. The end result of this methodical behind the scenes working can be just a paragraph on a page, that is quickly read. The work behind synastry, just like the work behind a master painting, it is seldom seen or appreciated.

• 同格のall の使い方

よく質問にあがっていますし、沢山の回答も見てきました。その上でよけいにこんがらかって、すっかりわからなくなりました。教えてください。 **「[主語]は皆~」のように「主語と同格でallを置く」場合、all には決まった置き場があります。それは  ・S all 一般動詞 ~. We all enjoyed the game.(私たちは皆その試合を楽しんだ)  ・S be動詞 all ~. We are all very well.(私たちは皆とても元気です)  ・S 助動詞 all 動詞 ~. We can all support you.(私たちは皆あなたを助けることができます)という位置です。be動詞、助動詞がkeyです。 ***** のような解説があったり、 *** you all are helping my country. について 参考書では,このような同格のallの位置は,be動詞がある文では,be動詞のうしろのはずなのですが,be 動詞は比較的弱く発音されるからです。 You're all helping のように短縮形になるのも、弱いからです。 それが are に強調がおかれると、短縮形にもできず、you all are helping となります。 *** *** all が代名詞の同格を表すときには代名詞の直後に置くので、They all are very kind to me.「かれらはみんな私にとても親切です。」のようになる。 *** とあったり **** You've all been working closely with me for years now,皆さんは私と蜜に連絡を取って仕事をしてきました。 ⇒このような all, each はともに主語 you と同格になっている不定代名詞です。 この場合(主語と同格)の位置は一般動詞の前,be 動詞,助動詞の後と決まっています。 助動詞の場合,助動詞+ all/each +原形となります。 **** あったり、と we, you もtheyも代名詞ですよね、allが代名詞の直後にきたり、be動詞や助動詞によって離されたり・・・・何が何だかわからなくなりました。教えてください。

• 自由英作文の練習をしています。添削お願いします。

題名:新聞は未来には消えると思うか。理由も含めて150字前後で述べよ。  I think that newspapers would not disappear in the future for two reasons.  First , newspapers seems to take root our daily life.For example , there are many people reading newspapers on trains , almost all working places has newspapers for reading. In practice , My family read news via newspapers everyday. My working place has some kinds of newspapers for reading.  Secondly , reading news via computers , such us personal computers , smart phones , tablets get eye strain. Since they have blue light which is bad for eyes , which some people may avoid reading news through them. In practice , my family would not read news via computers , because their eyes get strain easily.  Reading a newspaper is so common that people would not stop reading through it , even computers will be more spread. For these reasons I mentioned above , it seems that newspapers would not disappear in the future. 私は、二つの理由により新聞は未来に消えないと思う。 一つ目は、新聞が私達の生活に定着しているように思えるからである。例えば、多くの人々が電車の中で新聞を読み、殆ど全ての職場では、読む用に新聞がおいてある。実際、私の家族は、毎日新聞を読んでいるし、私の職場にも何種類かの新聞がおいてある。 二つ目は、パソコンやスマートフォン、タブレットといったコンピューターでニュースを読むのは目が疲れるからである。それらは、目に有害なブルーライトを持っており、そのために、何人々がそれらでニュースを見ることを避けているかもしれない。実際、私の家族は目がすぐ疲れるので、コンピューターでニュースをみようとしない。 新聞を読むことは、とても一般的になっているので、人々はそれを通してニュースを読むことを、例えコンピューターがもっと広まってもやめようとしないだろう。以上に述べた理由より、私は、新聞は未来に消えないと思う。

• You've all been...のallの位置

You've all been...のallの位置 NHKラジオ英会話講座より You've all been working closely with me for years now,皆さんは私と蜜に連絡を取って仕事をしてきましたので、 You can each take a turn and we'll go around the room clockwise. 一人一人が交替することにして、部屋を時計回りに進めていきます。 質問: (1)all/eachの位置についてお尋ねします。 「あなた方すべて」を[you've all been...]、「あなた方一人一人」を[You can each take...]になっています。これを[You all have been...][You each can take...]ではおかしいですか?haveやcanの助動詞が入った場合は、助動詞の後に置くという法則がありますか?教えて下さい。 (2)You can each take a turn...のcanの使い方がよく分りません。「~出来る」や「~可能性がある」では違和感があります。教えて下さい。 以上

• 今更ながらの 質問「時間の表し方forあるなし」

(1) I walked for an hour. (2) It takes 30 minutes to get there. (3) I have been working here for 5 years. (4) I sleep 8 hours a night. (1)などは、 断続的に歩いたイメージがforで出す必要があるので、付ける。 (2) (4)は、例文として 「要らない」と単に覚えただけです。forがなんでいらないかがいまだによくわかりません。が 覚えた例文で使ってきたので、テスト類はこなせても 自分で表現するのにつまづいています。 (3)は、やはりforのイメージに従うので わかります。 (4)などは、for 8 hoursにしても いいやん!(夜だから断続的に眠るのは、あたりまえだし・・)(2)も自分が断続的に30分 到着することに使うんだからfor付きでいいやん! と思っているので 要らない場合の用法につまづきます。 これの検索の仕方も やってはみましたが わかりませんでした。 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

The same is true of studies of long-term rote memory, even though this type of memory is probably almost never required once a person has finished school. Once the years of formal schooling are over, test-taking days are largely past. An occasional test will need to be taken, for driver’s license renewal, for example, but by and large the need for long-term rote memory is reduced to zero in day-to-day adult life. People do not get much practice, if any, with the memory skills of bygone school years, and by the time they are old they can expect to be unable to use the old skills efficiently, and may be unable to use them at all. お願いします。

• 緊急です!翻訳お願いします!

以下の文を翻訳してください!お願いします! Every year major movie festivals around the world present awards for Best Director. Some of these began decades ago, and their lists of winners for Best Director awards are quite long. However, among all the names of winners, it is hard to find the names of many female directors. The Cannes Film Festival was the first major movie festival to name a female director as Best Director of the Year. In 1961, a Russian director named Yuliya Solntseva won at Cannes for her movie Chronicle of Flaming Years. Since then, no female director won Best Director at Cannes. Other women directed movies that won the palm d’Or(Best Picture) at Cannes, but those female directors did not the Best Director award. The Best Director award at the Berlin International Film festival is called the Silver Bear award. Only one woman has succeeded in winning the Silver bear. That woman was Astrid Henning-Jensen from Denmark. Over her career, Mrs.henning- Jensen directed over 20 movies. In 1979, she won the Silver Bear for her movie Winterborn. One of the most difficult festivals for a female director to win Best Director at seems to be the Academy Awards (often called the Oscars) in the USA. In fact, since the Academy Awards began in 1929, only four women have ever been nominated for the Best Director award. The first woman to actually win this award was Kathryn Bigelow (seen on the right in the picture on page 13) for directing The Hurt Locker. She received the award in 2010. Over the years, women have directed lots of popular movies. For example, Nora Ephron directed the hit romantic-comedy Sleepless in Seattle, and Catherine Hardwicke directed the popular 2008 horror movie Twilight. Two very famous animated movies were directed by a woman _Vicky Jonson directed Shrek in 2001 and Shark Tale in 2004.

• 初めまして。英語の勉強のため外国人とメールをしていますが、訳できないと

初めまして。英語の勉強のため外国人とメールをしていますが、訳できないところがあり良かったら ご指導ください。 It's okay :] Awh, I bet she is so sweet. I can't wait for mine to grow up, but at the same time I don't want her to, haha. I want to have a career job so bad, but won't for another 4 years probably. So for now I'm working 2 part-time jobs dealing with medical/health care. I hope all is well 私が子育て中のため、返事がすぐに送れないからごめんね・・と短いメールの返事です。 I want to have a career job so bad, but won't for another 4 years probably. この文章がわかりません。so badとはなんでしょう。 キャリアが欲しい、それは4年もかからない・・位にしか訳せなく、申し訳ないですがどなたか教えてください。