• ベストアンサー

和訳お願いします

和訳お願いします [背景] ある新聞社に面接に来た女性が、Amandaという秘書にオフィスのツアーをして貰っています。そこに編集長が現れて言いました。 Amanda may be my secretary, but she is an important person to get to know around here. She'll insist that you match for all her causes, but she knows where the bodies are buried. 2つめの文が、サッパリわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• DJS
  • お礼率77% (499/647)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ddeana
  • ベストアンサー率74% (2976/4019)
回答No.2

二番目の文章の最後、 knows where the bodies are buried は、knows where all the bodies are buriedというidiomから来た言葉です。 knows where all the bodies are buried=know all the important details and secrets about somethingで、「何かについてすべての秘密やスキャンダルなどをしっている」という意味です。なので私ならば 「アマンダは私の秘書かもしれないが、ここ(この会社)について知りたいならとても重要な人でもあるんだよ。君は彼女の理想の人材と言うだろうが、(会社の)すべての秘密やスキャンダルを知っているんだからね」 みたいに訳します。つまりアマンダという人は実は人間観察が鋭くてどんな秘密も見抜いてしまうから、ご用心だよといった感じの若干のブラックジョークなのかなと考えます。

DJS
質問者

お礼

お礼遅れてすいません。ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

アマンダは私の秘書かもしれないが、この建物のことを知りたければ重要な人だよ。あなたは、彼女の主義主張とピッタリと彼女が言い張るけど、彼女はどこに死体が埋まってるかまで知ってるんだよ。 →2番目の文は比喩だと思います。新聞社なので、殺人とかもよく扱います。ですから、死体がどこに埋まっているとか、そういうことも知りたいわけですよね。そこまで知っているーーつまり、闇の部分、秘密の部分まで知り尽くしているといいたいのです。つまり、怖い存在だよ、意気投合していると怖いよーーという意味だと思います。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

DJS
質問者

お礼

お礼遅れてすいません。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の和訳!

英語の和訳をよろしくお願いいたします! With these sensors, she tests your body moisture, body warmth, and chemicals in your sweat. If she Iikes what she finds, she bites. But if you don't appeal to her, she'll turn to someone more delicious.

• 和訳です

TOEFLのために英語の勉強をしていて分からないところがあるので教えてください。 会話文のスクリプトなんですが、 M:I talked until I was blue in the face trying to explain to Susan why we should call off the proposed art exhibition, but she's so argumentative. W:You can say that again. She's the type of person who always has to get the last word in. 特に最後の She's the type of person who always has to get the last word in. が分かりません。どなたか解説の程よろしくお願いします。

• 英文のaのつけ方

なぜaをつけるのかが分かりません。 例えば、 She is a very important person to me. のveryの後になんでaをつけるのでしょうか? 教えてください。

• 英文の和訳についてです。。。

I am cat というお話の一部なのですが、、、 この部分の和訳が分かりません。 教えてください。。。 She takes me to the Pet Beauty Clinic once a week for a bath we have togaes that we use to lick ourselves and keep ourselves clean? I do not like the flea powder she puts on me. It smells awful and I think it might cause skin cancer. Eva thinks she knows what kind of fool I like,though she actyally does not know my tastes at all. She feeds me cat food and puts it in a silver dish. But all I want is some day-old fish that stinks,And alittle water. Thats all. Is that asking too much? Once time I managed to get out of the house. Did I have a good time! I ran around with some other cats in the neighboehood. We ate garbage and chased a dog. I even caught a bird. Good fun. But when I returned home,Eva went crazy. She was so angey. She took me to the Pet Beauty Clinic for a bath and shampoo, even tjough I had been there the day before. She even wants to have me buried next to her! I won't be free of her even when I am dead. What a life! 以上です。回答お願いします。

• 和訳を見ていただけますか

失恋ソングを作詞した人のコメントを読んでいるのですがところどころ わからないところがあります(非英語圏の方です) 和訳を教えていただけないでしょうか?どうぞよろしくお願いたします。 She already knows my feelings and she had the same feelings. But maybe not now. She said me she needs to travel and go to help in Haiti and since, no news. A man who said me he's his room-mate and she's in Africa. I know it's not the truth but I can't do anything, I don't know where she's. 彼女は僕の気持ちを知ってるし、彼女も僕と同じ気持ちだったと思う。 でも今は違うだろうね。 ハイチ(恐らくハイチの大地震のことだと…)でボランティアをするためにそこへ 行くと行ったけれどそれ以来連絡はないよ。 ある人が(he's とありますが間違い?彼女のルームメイト?)彼女はアフリカにいると 行ったけどほんとに彼女がどこにいるかはわからない。 If she said me it was over, I must understand but she said me nothing. I was always alone, I don't need that. People is like that, say nothing is more easy to say the truth. But I made the promise to wait after her and I can't break this promise. I'm stupid. ^^' I never need someone but she became the only mark and light in my life and now I feel totally loose and useless. 彼女が僕に「もう終りだ」と行ったなら僕は諦められただろうけど 彼女は何も言わなかった。僕はそれ(このthatが何を指しているのかわかりません。)を 望んでない? 人はこんなふうに真実を言うことをしない? けど僕は…ここからの訳がよくわかりません(>_<)

• 和訳してください。

英語に詳しい方、翻訳機を使わずに和訳してください。 細かい部分がよく理解できません。 I trying to convince her that she didn't need to ask me for everything, that I wasn't always right about everything, that she should speak up and stand up for herself and argue with me when I had the wrong idea... but she just didn't want to learn. Deep down inside, I discovered, she was the sort of woman who wanted a strong man to dominate her, whom she could lean on and rely on for anything she needed. She wanted to feel safe and taken care of. I don't think that's a bad thing on its own... but over those years I started to become a man I don't want to be: arrogant, controlling, overconfident. Like I couldn't help but enjoy all that power she was always giving me. But I don't want to be that man. And I don't want to live that relationship. I *have* to be able to grow, to learn, to always be taking life as a new lesson, but how can I do that if I'm never wrong about anything? It was too tempting, and it made me a darker person. So, though I loved her very much and it tore my heart to do it, I had to end our relationship. I was not the man she was looking for, even though she wanted me to be. And she was not the woman I have been looking for, even though I desperately loved her beauty and inner light

• これの和訳を教えてください。

In order to understand precisely the formation process of planets it is important to study extensively the two-body encounters between planetesimals taking fully into account the influence of the solar gravity. Some authors have tried to simulate numerically the growth process of N-planetesimals to the present planets, taking into account the influence of the Sun. But before executing the simulation of the N-bodies’ encountering process numerically, it is necessary to know more detailes of the fundamental features of the two-body encounters between Keplerian particles. Furthermore, according to Hayashi, the ratio of the collisional rate to the scattering rate as well as the collisional rate itself is one of the important parameters which determine essentially the time scale of the planetary growth.

• 英文和訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

Americans who are in important positions would not make a big fuss about where they sit in a car for another reason. Americans strongly believe in equality as an ideal. Someone who is of high statues is expected to minimize his own importance. The people around him are also expected not to make too much of a fuss over him. An important person who is nice to the "little guy" is respected. 和訳 重要な地位にあるアメリカ人は、もうひとつの理由から車のどこに座るかについて大きな騒ぎは起こしません。アメリカ人は理想としての平等を強力に信じているのです。高い地位にいる人は出来るだけ目立たないようにすることを期待されるのです。彼の周りの人たちもまた、彼を過度にちやほやしないものと思われています。「平凡な人」に親切である影響力のある人が尊敬されるのです。

• 歌詞の和訳をお願いします

Don't Turn Around と言う曲なのですが 和訳をお願いします。 (Spoken) I will survive without you... Don't tell me that you wanna leave... Whoa whoa whoa whoa Whoa whoa whoa whoa If you wanna leave I won't beg you to stay And if you gotta go, darling Maybe it's better that way I'm gonna be strong I'm gonna do fine Don't worry about this heart of mine (Spoken) Walk out that door See if I care Go on and go, but Don't turn around 'Cause you're gonna see my heart breaking Don't turn around I don't want you seeing me cry Just walk away It's tearing me apart that you're leaving I'm letting you go But I won't let you know... I won't let you know. Whoa whoa whoa whoa Whoa whoa whoa whoa I won't miss your arms around me Holding me tight (Holding me tight) And if you ever think about me Just know that I'll be alright (I'll be alright) I'm gonna be strong I'm gonna do fine Don't worry about this heart of mine (Spoken) I will survive I'll make it through I'll even learn to live without you Don't turn around 'Cause you're gonna see my heart breaking Don't turn around I don't want you seeing me cry Just walk away It's tearing me apart that you're leaving I'm letting you go But I won't let you know... I wish I could scream out loud That I love you, I wish I could say to you Don't go........ (Spoken) As he walks away He feels the pain getting strong People in your life They don't know what's going on Too proud to turn around He's gone Don't turn around 'Cause you're gonna see my heart breaking Don't turn around I don't want you seeing me cry Just walk away It's tearing me apart that you're leaving I'm letting you go, Baby don't turn around Whoa whoa whoa whoa Don't turn around Whoa whoa whoa whoa Just walk away Whoa whoa whoa whoa It's tearing me apart that you're leaving I'm letting you go Don't turn around Whoa whoa whoa whoa Don't turn around Whoa whoa whoa whoa Just walk away Whoa whoa whoa whoa

• 文法的におかしなところはありますか?

Hello,I interviewed Mari,about her 's dream. She want to be an Illustrator,becaose she likes to draw picture. She thinks wanto to be an Illustrator since 4 years. She long to become an Illustrator's Yuhushi. She often drew picture to person. She likes paint person betterthan person anima, but it is difficult for she to drow landscape. スペルは多々間違えてると思います