• 締切済み

英文のaのつけ方

なぜaをつけるのかが分かりません。 例えば、 She is a very important person to me. のveryの後になんでaをつけるのでしょうか? 教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数6
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• Ishiwara
  • ベストアンサー率24% (462/1914)
回答No.6

This is a pen. このペンが非常に重要なものならば、 This is a very important pen. となります。 aとveryは関係ありません。

• sanori
  • ベストアンサー率48% (5664/11798)
回答No.5

>>>回答ありがとうございます。 いえいえ。 >>> なんとなくお陰様でわかったのですが、 aとtheの違いが分かりません 教えてください。 the が使われるケースは色々ありますが、 こう考えるとよいと思います。 「‘あなたも知ってる私も知っているあの人(物)’の場合は、the が用いられる」 <例1> A man came to this town. 一人の男(ある男)がこの町にやってきた。 The man came to this town. あの男(その男、あいつ)がこの町にやってきた。 <例2> Long, long time ago, in a certain place, an old man and a old woman lived. The old man went to a hill to cut firewood. The old woman went to riverside to wash their clothes. 昔々あるところに、おじいさんとおばあさんが住んでいました。 おじいさんは(そのおじいさんは)山へ柴刈りに行きました。 おばあさんは(そのおばあさんは)川へ洗濯に行きました。 (最初の文でおじいさんとおばあさんが紹介済みなので、その後は a ではなく the になる。) では。

回答No.4

なぜaをつけるのかが分かりません。 例えば、 She is a very important person to me. のveryの後になんでaをつけるのでしょうか? 教えてください。 【回答】 very は 副詞、important は形容詞なので a がつくか、つかないかは無関係なので、ないものと思ってください。 もし a がなければ、She is person. という英文になってしまいます。 普通名詞の単数形をこのように単独で使うことはできません。(英語の大切な規則です) I have book. I want apple. のような英文も当然間違いになります。日本語ではこのように言えても、英語はだめなのです。 a をつけたり、 the をつけたり、 複数形にしたりして使わないといけません。日本語ではOKな言い方が、英語ではOKではないことがよくあります (補足) 英語では名詞を表現するときに、一人なのか二人以上なのか、あるいはものなら、ひとつなのか ふたつ以上なのかがとても大切なのです。日本語にはそういう考えはまったくありません

noname#125540
noname#125540
回答No.3

前の方々のご説明のとおりです。 person が数えられる名詞で、1つ(一人)だからa. very important person は、世の中には一人とは限らず、 他にもいるかもしれない。 「不特定」な「数えられるもの」で、「単数(1つ)」の場合は、aが付きます。 不定冠詞といいます。

参考URL:
http://www.alc.co.jp/eng/grammar/kaisetsu/grammar41.html
  • sanori
  • ベストアンサー率48% (5664/11798)
回答No.2

こんばんは。 very の後ではなく前ですね。 1人だったら、a person 2人以上だったら、persons これはわかりますよね? 単数(1人や1個)の場合にaを消す条件としては、次のものがあります。 1.a の代わりに the が使われるとき  a man → the man  an apple → the apple 2.名詞の前に所有格が付くとき  a friend   → John's friend, my friend, his friend She is a very important person to me. の場合は、上記の条件に該当しないので、aは消せません。 以上、ご参考になりましたら幸いです。

sakura177
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 なんとなくお陰様でわかったのですが、 aとtheの違いが分かりません 教えてください。

回答No.1

こんにちは。これはperson があるからです。 She is a person. これに、「とても大切な」と「私にとって」というのを入れると、 She is a [very important] person [to me].

関連するQ&A

• 英文の添削

自由な時間のすごし方について英文を書く問題です。 I often read books in my freetime. Reading books is very important and very interesting to me. Reading books give me a knowledge to be a scientist. と書きました。添削をよろしくお願いします。

• 英文が正しいか教えてください。

英文が正しいかどうか教えてください。 First, I talk about my friends. We can meet new person in school. And we can favor them. I didn’t know anybody when I went to high school at first time. I wanted to make friends. So I was speaking her who next to me sat down. Now we are friends. But we don’t always talk. Then I thought her who is very kind by external appearances. Of course, she is kind. But rather than she is very cheer up. I can’t know she is very cheer up only external appearances. I know that I talked to her a lot of things. Then I judge a person by external appearances. But, the fact, she is very cheer up. この初めの文のfirstは、firstよりもfirstlyの方がいいのでしょうか? 違いがあれば、教えてください。 あと、訂正などあれば教えてほしいです。

• 英文が正しいか教えてください。

英文が正しいか教えてください。 Second, I talk about society. Now, society judges a person by external appearances. For example, if my hair is blond, people would judge me and say “she is fool.” I watched one movie when I was 15 years old. The movie story is about blond hair girl. She’s hair is blond. But she is very smart. This is the fact. Now, but, judge a person by external appearances not only people but also society. Society is a big group. We don’t judge a person by external appearances. But I think that we have to change society. If people don’t judge a person by external appearances, we could accept people have many things. That’s why I agree with one should never judge a person by external appearances. 間違っているところなどがあれば教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• whatの使い方ですが

You are what is important to me. この文を作ろうとすると、私は最初に You are important to me or You are the important person to me. これらが思いつくのですが、微妙な違いはありますか? 宜しくお願いします。

• この英文あってますか?

This book is one of the favorite books of me. This book moved me deeply. It is because the family ties is being written very well. well, I love my family. I thought it is only one thing to be important. I regarded it as really important.  Therefore, I thought that the family was a treasure. This book was the book which reminded me of such a thing. From now on I want to keep this feeling in mind. 間違ってるところとか付け足したほうが良いところとか教えてください。お願いします

• 英文の和訳についてです。。。

My name is Tom and I am cat. I have a major problem. It is my owner,Eva. She does not understand how people should take care of their pets. She has very strange ideas about the retionship bet ween people and pets. Eva treats me like a human child. she worries about me and tells me what to do all the time. she does not want me to go every night while she watches television. Boring. The programs she watches are totally tastless. There is more. Eva brushes and combs me twice a day.

• 英訳していただけますか?

I am more of a private person who would rather meet people in person face to face. Contact is important to me. I can see a persons personality if I meet them in real life. この英文の意味がよくわからないので、教えていただけますか? 会ってコニュニケーション取ることが大切と言っているとは思うのですが。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を訳してください

この文を訳してください!! My mom is very protective of me so she doesn't like it if I talk to people, who she thinks are strangers. :) But we just have to be quiet and sneaky. heehee. Is that okay with you?

• 英文の意味を教えて頂きたいです。

簡単な文だと思いますが・・・ よろしくお願いします。 do you know english? shall we do practice english?practice is very important for me. I am waiting answer. good bye:-)) but I don't know english very well For example,are you going to correct to mistake?

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

英文の和訳をお願いします。 1.By this time next year ,we will have been doing business with each other for 20 years. 2.Unless the civilization we now know is to end,satisfactory substitutes for conventional energy sources will have been discovered and put to use in time. 3.she said to me, "it's very kind of you to invite me to the party." =she told me that it was very kind of me to invite her to the party.