• ベストアンサー

part of? or a part of?

基本的な問題ですが、分からなくなってしまいました、、、。 例えば、「私がスタイリストになった理由のひとつは、Oscar de la Renta の存在です」 のように言いたい時。 1.Oscar de la Renta is part of my reasons why I became a stylist. か、 2.Oscar de la Renta is a part of my reasons why I became a stylist. か? part of か?a part of どちらが正しいですか?もしくな、意味が全く違ってきますか? 教えてくださいませ。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

この英作は置いておき, a part of も part of も同じです。 理屈的には part は可算的なので a がいるのですが, 慣用的に part of も用いられます。 というか,ないことが多いです。 ただ,a small part of とか,the greater part of のような形では a/the が必要です。 part of は慣用的,としかいいようがありません。 "part of" で一つの形容詞みたいに感じるのでしょうか。

waialuasky
質問者

お礼

ふむふむ。そうなのですね!ありがとうございます!

waialuasky
質問者

補足

この英作自体が変ですね?my reasonsじゃなくてthe reasonsだったかもー。 アメリカのTVを見ていた時に気になった表現で、きちんと聞き取れませんでした。。。

関連するQ&A

• part of,a part of,the part ofの違いについて

part of,part of,the part ofの違いについて教えていただけますでしょうか? 定冠詞、不定冠詞の使いは方は理解しているつもりですが、以下の認識であっていますでしょうか? まず、the part ofの場合は、その部分が会話の中で明確になっておりまさにその部分であると言うことをさす場合に使用すると考えてよろしいでしょうか? a part ofはその部分が数えられるものである場合に使用し、part ofは数えられないもしくは分割の単位があいまいなものに使用するという考えでよろしいでしょうか? 以下のような感じでしょうか? this is the part of the issue. 訳「これは、その問題のその一部分(今話題に上がっている部分)です」 this is a part of the issue. 訳「これは、その問題のいくつかある中のそのうち一つです。」 this is part of the issue. 訳「これは、その問題の一部です。」

• part of,a part of,the part ofの違いについて

定冠詞、不定冠詞の使いは方は理解しているつもりですが、以下の認識であっていますでしょうか? まず、the part ofの場合は、その部分が会話の中で明確になっておりまさにその部分であると言うことをさす場合に使用すると考えてよろしいでしょうか? a part ofはその部分が数えられるものである場合に使用し、part ofは数えられないもしくは分割の単位があいまいなものに使用するという考えでよろしいでしょうか? 以下のような感じでしょうか? this is the part of the issue. 訳「これは、その問題のその一部分(今話題に上がっている部分)です」 this is a part of the issue. 訳「これは、その問題のいくつかある中のそのうち一つです。」 this is part of the issue. 訳「これは、その問題の一部です。」 また、経験からしてpartに関してはtheかaをつけてもよいときにでも冠詞なしで使われることが多いように思うのですが。

• 英文和訳で困っています。

I had many reasons why this is going to be the case for me in the rest of my life とありました。 why以下がうまく日本語にできず、困っています。 どなたか分かる方がいましたら、教えてください。

• part of の訳し方。

(昨日学校で渡された英文で分からないところがあるので質問します。) 以下のような文です。 Rice is an important staple in Iran, and it is a part of almost every meal in both the north and the south. この英文の自分の訳は、 「米はイランでは重要な必需食料品であり、それは北部と南部のほとんど両方で食事とされている」 〈この訳に大きなミスがあれば教えてください。〉 【本題】 このとき、a part of almost の訳し方が分かりません。 辞書を引くと、形容詞を伴わない場合は"a"をつけないとありました。 助けてください。お願いします。

• the use of the article 'a'

To understand the use of the article ‘a’ is especially difficult for me. I wonder why you should put ‘a’ in the phrase of “in a hurry” but not in the case of “in trouble”. Will someone tell me the difference of these two phrases?

• a bag of worms

Over the past year or so, two things have happened: 1) after years of questioning and repressing various feelings, I’ve finally come to terms with my bisexuality, and 2) I’ve realized that I might be in love with my best guy friend, “Sam” (I’m a woman). Admitting feelings for a platonic friend is always a bag of worms, but my situation has an additional worm: a bag of wormsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• make a spectacle of

I live in a Southern state, and our home is located in a community of houses that are built pretty close together. Our neighborhood is a mix of families and young professionals. My husband and I have a 15-year-old son and an 11-year-old daughter. Our newish neighbor is an attractive woman in her early 30s. I don’t know her very well, but she seems perfectly nice. My issue involves the fact that she likes to lounge naked by the small pool in her yard. I found out that you can see her from our backyard deck when I caught my giggling son and his friend pointing her out. My husband and I spoke with my son about respecting someone’s privacy, that he shouldn’t make a spectacle of it, or God forbid take photos of her. make a spectacle of itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• a bout of unemployment

I am 39, looking for the love of my life after a hard couple of years. My mother recently died of an aggressive form of cancer, and I only recently got back on my feet after a bout of unemployment. a bout ofはどのように訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 区切りの使い方 何故ofなのか?

I don't mean to say that I know, of my own knowledge, what there is particularly dead about a door-nail. 上記、, of my own knowledge, のofの使い方?と”, ,の使い方が分からないので教えてください よろしくお願いします

• B of  A

B of A の使い方がよくわかりません。 1:教会の屋根が見えます。  Can you see the roof o f the church? これを、Can you see the church 's roof? とはできないのですか? 2:私は駅で兄の友人に会った。  I met a friend of my brother's at the station. これを、I met my brother's frinds at the station.  とは出来ないのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。