What Does 'a bag of worms' Mean? Explained

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the meaning of the expression 'a bag of worms' and how it relates to a complicated situation involving feelings for a friend.
  • 'A bag of worms' is a phrase used to describe a complicated or difficult situation, often involving emotions or relationships.
  • In this context, it refers to the challenges of admitting romantic feelings for a close friend and the added complexity of the person's bisexuality.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

a bag of worms

Over the past year or so, two things have happened: 1) after years of questioning and repressing various feelings, I’ve finally come to terms with my bisexuality, and 2) I’ve realized that I might be in love with my best guy friend, “Sam” (I’m a woman). Admitting feelings for a platonic friend is always a bag of worms, but my situation has an additional worm: a bag of wormsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5367)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"a bag of worms" 「複雑で解決困難な問題」だと思います。 この比喩的表現は "a can of worms" と同義だと思います。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=can+of+worms Admitting feelings for a platonic friend is always a bag of worms, but my situation has an additional worm: プラトニックな関係を貫いている友人に対して、愛情を抱いてしまうことは、常に複雑で解決困難な問題をもたらすものです。しかし私の場合、それに輪をかけるような問題を抱えてしまっています。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• get a hold of

I live in a different city from my long-term boyfriend, whom I love dearly. This weekend, I had far too much to drink and kissed another guy at a bar. It was a complete stranger—not someone I’m friends with, or attracted to, or anything of the sort. I have no idea what came over me, and I don’t even recognize that behavior. I did a lot of self-reflection, and I’ve decided that I need to get a hold of my drinking—I’m not a big drinker during the week, but occasionally on a weekend night I’ll binge drink. get a hold of my drinkingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• walked me through

I've been friends with "Myrtle" for nearly 20 years. She used to work for me. I'm a very strong, independent woman. I've never needed many friends (I've been married to my best friend for 37 years). Myrtle has always been a drama queen. She demands a lot of attention. She is exhausting. Her husband and I have also butted heads over the years. It drains me to hang out with them for any period of time. The last time she had one of her explosions, I backed off. My therapist has walked me through my feelings and I'm now very clear that being with her is unhealthy for me. I tried to back out slowly, but then she created drama over nothing again -- exploding, and then coming back and apologizing. walked me through my feelingsとcreated drama over nothingの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• make a spectacle of

I live in a Southern state, and our home is located in a community of houses that are built pretty close together. Our neighborhood is a mix of families and young professionals. My husband and I have a 15-year-old son and an 11-year-old daughter. Our newish neighbor is an attractive woman in her early 30s. I don’t know her very well, but she seems perfectly nice. My issue involves the fact that she likes to lounge naked by the small pool in her yard. I found out that you can see her from our backyard deck when I caught my giggling son and his friend pointing her out. My husband and I spoke with my son about respecting someone’s privacy, that he shouldn’t make a spectacle of it, or God forbid take photos of her. make a spectacle of itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• investmentの訳し方

I am a young woman in a tight-knit, male-dominated, creative industry. I have a few close male friends I am deeply connected to, and I mean true friends with whom I share strong, but platonic, emotional bonds. I love the richness these relationships bring to my life. My partner does not. He's convinced men and women can never truly be friends — that attraction will eventually get the better of one or both parties, turning disastrous for all. He's always suspicious of my male friends and frustrated at my investment in them. ここでのinvestmentはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• courtesy of

9 p.m. — I eat a southwestern veggie burger with avocado, cilantro, nutritional yeast, and salsa, courtesy of my fridge, and watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire while I eat. courtesy of my fridgeとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• B of  A

B of A の使い方がよくわかりません。 1:教会の屋根が見えます。  Can you see the roof o f the church? これを、Can you see the church 's roof? とはできないのですか? 2:私は駅で兄の友人に会った。  I met a friend of my brother's at the station. これを、I met my brother's frinds at the station.  とは出来ないのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• a lotについて教えてください

a lotは頻度を表すこともできますか? 例えば「私は友達とよく映画に行く」と言いたいとき, I go to the movies with my friends a lot. は正しいですか? I often go to the movies with my friends. と同じ意味になりますか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• facets of my appearance

“Katie” has been my best friend for five years. I have enjoyed being friends with her, but she tends to be overly critical of people she’s close to. For example, she’s criticized facets of my appearance, my decision to date certain guys, and even my choice of program for a postgraduate degree. ここでのfacetsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• a bout of unemployment

I am 39, looking for the love of my life after a hard couple of years. My mother recently died of an aggressive form of cancer, and I only recently got back on my feet after a bout of unemployment. a bout ofはどのように訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳お願いします

Mike: I've agreed my wife wears a fur and , therefore , is barbaric. But what about you. I've seen your teeth tearing at a steak , a piece of lamb , and a slice of ham. How do you explain that , especially the ham? Did you know pigs are just about as smart as dolphins? Have you got no feelings for Porky Pig? Friend: I've got you there! I gave up meat a few years ago , but you didn't. Mike: Only because your doctor said that you had too much cholesterol in your blood. But you still go fishing. Friend: That's different. When I catch a big fish , I'm saving the lives of all the weak little fish the big fish would eat. I'm on the side of the little guy. Mike: What do you use for bait? Friend: Worms. Mike: The lowest living things , and you put them on a hook for sport. Shame , shame! Friend: See , you're ducking the matter of fur coats again.