感動の音楽と涙の理由

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英文を訳してください。
  • 一文ながらも感動的な展開があり、涙さえ誘います。
  • 音楽の力を通じて、人と自然が繋がる喜びを描き出しています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

この英文を訳していただきたいです。

一文なのですがとても長く、頭がこんがらがってしまいよく分かりません・・・ 英語に堪能な方よろしくお願いいたします。 the little birch treeというお話の中の文章です。 途中で出てくるBetulaというのはおそらく木か何か(生きている設定の)名前だと思われます。 Usually he played the gay old country dances or the songs of the village folk, but sometimes he would play the tunes which came into his head without his knowing whence they came, and this music would remind Betula of the wind over the heath and the summer breeze as it had played in her leaves when she had seen a tree, and though she woundered why- for had she not asked to become a woman?- when Jamie laid down his fiddle, there would be tears in his eyes.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

betula は、下記のように「カバノキ属」のことです。     http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=betula http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birch      普通彼は陽気で昔ながらの田舎のダンスとか村人の歌を弾いたが、時には、どこから来たとも知れない、彼の頭に浮かんだ曲を弾いた。     この音楽は荒れ野に吹く風や、木を見た時に夏のそよ風に揺れる木の葉をベチュラに思い起こさせ、彼女はどうしてだろう?(女になると願わなかった?)と思ったが、ジェイミがバイオリンを置いた(=弾くのをやめた)時には彼の目に涙があった。     ですからベチュラは、「白樺」と言った名前なので、木の精、みたいな含みがあるのでしょう。したがって「女」、と言うのは「人間の女」と言う意味もあると思います。

gerardway
質問者

お礼

詳しくわざわざありがとうございます! とっても助かりました(/_;)

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳を希望します

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1つの段落の後半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He liked music, dance and prophecy ands poetry and may have liked to travel a restless character He may have played a musical instrument, and did not much like work or hard labor, though he was a dutiful man. He would have worked long and hard for poor return in the past and developed no taste for it. He was the keeper of family secrets. People could confide in him knowing it would go no further. When they were small your soul mates father would have seemed to have had a cold and forbidding exterior. Stern gruff traditional, occasionally cruel and harsh;. The dominant head of the house. But as the children grew older they could see through this father act, to his wealth of kinder character and his love and affection. He had many material goods and was practical and prosperous.

• 英文の和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 内容的にまだ続いてる感じだと思います。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Yet he had a fairly happy family life and childhood. Background and family history are important to him. He may have had a strong attachment or respect for his father, who was affluent and a sense of family pride. He may have missed out on parental love in his childhood. He would have grown reserved and cautious. May have had some health weakness or weakens of constitution. His interest would have centered on the family. He wanted to shine out. Make his family proud of him, and he would have helped other family members out and taken an interest in their lives and affairs.

• 英文解釈に悩んでいます

"which shoed a sign"以下で解釈に困っています。このwhich はいったい何用法でしょうか? He had a jaundiced view of the gay issue. He had no kith or kin, and noisome odor always came drifting from his armpits beside his cadaverous chest, which showed a sign of his protracted disease. He was a complete neophyte on this matter, but he had this odious habit of judging anything before him. He had given a reprieve of one month, so he was more cheerful and unassuming in his behavior than he had been a couple of months earlier.

• 英文の翻訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1つの段落の前半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 His father was a man who was Tall, and moderately fat with large eyes and black hair and a long banana or crescent moon shaped face. A proud looking man. He had trouble with one of his knees and his leg was a bit weak or crooked. He had a hospitable and generous nature. He tried to mould the minds of his children into the right direction in life. Married late in life to a woman of superior position and his past was not so good. He could be melancholic and liked to study or read in the silence of his own chamber with a lamp, which his children were not welcome to disrupt. He was stricter and sharp with the children when they were small. but, gentler when they were older and behaved better. He could be merry, eat drink and have fun and include the children. He felt happy amongst his family and children. He was intuitive and had a spiritual side.

• 英文の意味が良く分かりません。

以下の文章の和訳を教えて頂けると助かります。 ----------------------------------------------------------- DECLARATION OF INTERESTS IN CONTRACTS OR ARRANGEMENTS Each of the directors present confirmed that he or she had considered the nature and extent of any interest he or she had in the matters being discussed at the meeting and to the extent necessary declared the nature and extent of any such interest in accordance with the Companies Act and the Company's articles of association. ------------------------------------------------------------ Each of the directors present confirmed that he or she had considered the nature and extent of any interest he or she had in the matters being discussed at the meeting のあたりが いまいち良く分かりません。

• 英文を日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします

He was fifty years old when I was born, and a "Mr.Mom" long before anyone had a name for it. I didn`t know why he was home instead of Mom, but I was young and the only one of my friends who had their dad around. I considered myself very lucky. He always had my lunch ready for me when I came home - usually a peanut butter sandwich that was shaped for the season. My favorite was at Christmas time. The sandwich would be covered lightly with green sugar and cut in the shape of a tree. As I got a little older and tried to gain my independence, I wanted to move away from those "childish" signs of his love. But he wasn't going to give up. In high school and no longer able to go home for lunch, I began taking my own bag lunch. Dad would get up a little early and make it for me. I never knew what to expect. The outside of the bag might be covered with his drawing of a mountain scene (this became his trademark) or a heart with the words "Dad and Angie" written in the center. Inside there would be a napkin with that same heart or an "I love you." Many times he would write a joke or a riddle. He always had some silly saying to make me smile and let me know that he loved me.

• この英文の和訳お願いします。

翻訳サイトではわかりづらかったので質問しました。 almoner? がこちらのプリントのミスなのか辞書でもでてきませんでした。 誤字はないと思います。 For most of his life he had worked as a commercial artist. "I did a bit of tickling" delicate lettering and design for advertising blocks. In his late sixties he experienced long spells of illness. When he was able to work he went as bottlewasher to a dairy. He was obliged to gibe up work finally because of ill-health and growing infirmity at the age of seventy-two. Since the death of his wife his social activities had contracted. He did not get up for long and rarely went out, except at week-ends for his pension and his shopping. Even his visits to an infirm brother living some miles away had fallen off. "I used to go over and see him every Tuesday night last year up to that fog we had in November. Then I just lay on my bed coughing my and coughing. Coughing all day and night, thinking my time had come. But it wasn't to be." He regretted not having children, especially a daughter, who "might have stood by me when I got old", and he had no nephews or nieces living in London. The neighbours saw little of him. Next door was "Mrs Lipstick and Powder, that's what I calls her, always going out." On the other side was "Mrs Fly-by-night. She rushes past me on the stairs now, like some of the others, without asking how I am. Not that I mind. But they used to do it and since I came out of hospital and go around just like a decrepit old man decrepit, yes - I suppose they don't like to ask how I am in case they feel they should do something. But there - life's like that, isn't it?" He had lost touch with all his friends and did not approve of old people's clubs. "They're all clicks of decrepit old people." His opinion of national assistance officials, doctors, almoners, and nurses was favourable, except that sometimes they "kept you in the dark" or "treated you like a little child". He had refused offers of a home help, mainly, it appeared, from a sense of privacy, shame of his home, misunderstanding about payment, and suspicion of the sort of woman who would come. His memories of contacts with doctors and hospitals were extremely vivid and he recalled at length some of his experiences. He talked about an almoner who was "a lovely looking party", about his new dentures, "I don't wear the top, it's more comfortable', and with pride about his one perfect faculty, his eyesight. On occasions when he could scarcely walk it never occurred to him to ask his doctor to visit him; he preferred to make painful journeys to the surgery.

• 以下の英文について教えてください。

With his usual frankness he said to Genji: "I wonder whether you have had any answer. I must confess that as an experiment I too sent a mild hint, but without any success, so I have not repeated it." "So he too has been trying his hand," thought Genji, smiling to himself. "No," he answered aloud, "my letter did not need an answer, which was perhaps the reason that I did not receive one." From this enigmatic reply Chujo deduced that Genji had been in communication of some kind with the lady and he was slightly piqued by the fact that she had shown a preference between them. Genji's deeper feelings were in no way involved, and though his vanity was a little wounded he would not have pursued the matter farther had he not known the persuasive power of Chujo's style, and feared that even now she might overcome her scruples and send him a reply. 源氏物語の『末摘花』からの抜粋です。 1人の女性、"末摘花"を巡って源氏と頭中将(源氏の義兄、恋敵)が会話をしている場面です。 以下の個所について教えてください。 【though his vanity was a little wounded he would not have pursued the matter farther had he not known the persuasive power of Chujo's style, and feared that even now she might overcome her scruples and send him a reply.】 この英文の前半の構造ですが though his vanity was a little wounded he would not have pursued the matter farther had he not known the persuasive power of Chujo's style though his vanity was a little wounded たとえ彼の虚栄心が少し傷つけられても he would not have pursued the matter farther 彼はその事を更に追求しなかっただろう となると思うのですが その後の had he not known the persuasive power of Chujo's styleの部分が倒置のようにも思え、よくわかりません。また前の部分とのつながりはどのように読んでいけばよいのでしょうか? また後半の feared that even now she might overcome her scruples and send him a reply. この部分は、he would not have feared that even now she might ~と読むのでしょうか? 【】の部分の訳はどのようになるのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• Would that he had.の意味は?

ある本を今読んでいますが、その中で分からない部分があります。 He took away his son, and that was the last XXX had heard of JJJ, even though, in the years following,he made a number of his own discreet inquiries to try to determine what had happened. Finally word came that the boy had died. Sitting across from him, XXX couldn't help thinking, Would that he had. The buzzing in XXX's ears, ......... XXXとJJJは人の名前です。 "Would that he had." は斜体フォントになっています。 質問は次の三つです。 1."Would that he had."の解釈。 2.何故、"Would"がここで大文字のWになっているのか。 3.何故、"Would that he had."が斜体フォントになっているのか。 難しいと思いますが、よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I was doing some last-minute Christmas shopping in a toy store and decided to look at Barbie dolls for my nieces. A nicely dressed little girl was excitedly looking through the Barbie dolls as well, with a roll of money clamped tightly in her little hand. When she came upon a Barbie she liked, she would turn and ask her father if she had enough money to buy it. He usually said "yes," but she would keep looking and keep going through their ritual of "do I have enough?"  As she was looking, a little boy wandered in across the aisle and started sorting through the Pokemon toys. He was dressed neatly, but in clothes that were obviously rather worn, and wearing a jacket that was probably a couple of sizes too small. He too had money in his hand, but it looked to be no more than five dollars or so at the most. He was with his father as well, and kept picking up the Pokemon video toys. Each time he picked one up and looked at his father, his father shook his head,"no".