レストラン紹介記事の訳を教えてください

このQ&Aのポイント
  • レストラン紹介記事の冒頭部分がよくわかりません。レストランを紹介しているように思うのですが、訳を教えてください。
  • タグチームのような夫婦がいくつか存在する中で、ウブントゥやO Yaのようなレストランでは、夫婦が役割分担をし、店舗運営や料理の魅力を共有しています。
  • ウブントゥでは料理の役割分担が成功しており、O Yaでは店舗の感情的な影響を共有することに成功しています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

レストラン紹介記事ですが、訳を教えてください

レストラン記事の冒頭部分がよくわかりません。選挙と比べて(なぞらえて?)レストランを紹介しているように思うのですが、訳を教えてください。 レストランはTim と Nancyという夫婦が経営する店です。 With the possible exception of a certain turbulent campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination, there may be something to these husband-and-wife tag teams. At Ubuntu the Foxes successfully divvy up the courses. At O Ya Tim and Nancy Cushman successfully divvy up the emotional impact they want their restaurant to have on you. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/19/dining/19one.html?_r=0 よろしくお願いします!

• engg
  • お礼率90% (926/1022)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

> With the possible exception of a certain turbulent campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination, there may be something to these husband-and-wife tag teams.  民主党の大統領指名キャンペーンにおいてはかなりの見解の相違があったかもしれないのだが、この夫婦のタッグには見るべきものがあるのではないだろうか。 > At Ubuntu the Foxes successfully divvy up the courses. At O Ya Tim and Nancy Cushman successfully divvy up the emotional impact they want their restaurant to have on you.  Ubuntu (ベジタリアン・レストラン) ではシェフがコースの配分をする。「オヤ」 ではクッシュマン夫妻 (ティムとナンシー) が上手く塩梅して、お客に感じて欲しいような効果を上げている。  * Ubuntu は今やメジャーともいえる存在になった Linux のディストリビューションの1つとしての名前が有名ですが、元々はアフリカの言語に起源を発する語。「人にやさしい」 みたいな感じの語ではないかと思うが、それがベジタリアン料理の代名詞にもなったみたい (さっと検索しただけなので、確かなところは分かりません)。また、the Fox は、これも推測になりますが、Jeremy Fox というシェフの名前が Ubuntu restaurant と関連して出てくるところをみると、ここでの the Foxes はベジタリアン料理のシェフのこと、あるいは 「ジェレミー・フォックス流」 みたいな意味ではないかと取りました。なお、記事にあるレストランの名前の O Ya は日本語の 「オヤッ?」 などという、あの 「オヤ」 から来ているようですね。

engg
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました! お礼が大変遅れてしまって、申し訳ありません。 補足も大変参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

The German offensive began during the night of 3 September against the fortifications of the Grand Couronné, either side of Nancy, which pushed back the 2nd Group of Reserve Divisions, comprising the 59th, 68th and 70th Reserve Divisions under General Léon Durand, to the north and the XX Corps of General Balfourier to the south, by the evening of 4 September. In the afternoon of 5 September Castelnau telegraphed to Joffre that he proposed to evacuate Nancy, to preserve the fighting power of the army. Next day Joffre replied that the Second Army was to hold the area east of Nancy if at all possible and only then retire to a line from the Forest of Haye to Saffais, Belchamp and Borville. The civilian authorities in the city had begun preparations for an evacuation but the troops on the Grand Couronné repulsed German attacks on the right flank, during 5 September. The Reserve divisions were only pushed back a short distance on the front to the east and north of Nancy. An attempt by Moltke to withdraw troops from the 6th Army, to join a new 7th Army being formed for operations on the Oise failed when Rupprecht and Dellmensingen were backed by the Emperor who was at the 6th Army headquarters. German attacks continued on 6 September and the XX Corps conducted a counter-attack which gave the defenders a short period to recuperate but the troops of the 2nd Group of Reserve Divisions, east and north of Nancy, began to give way.

• 訳の見本を見せてほしいand不明な点について教えて

はじめまして。質問ばかりで申し訳ございませんが、教えて頂けると幸いです。 一応、一通り自分で訳しております。 1)still central, however, is the psychoanalytic therapist's conviction that unconscious motives and fears are at the core of most emotional problems and that insight is essential to a cure. 「しかしながら、未だ主流を成すのは、精神分析療法家たちの確信であり、それは、無意識の動機や不安が、大半の感情的な問題と、その洞察が治療のために不可欠であるという核心である。」 at the core of most emotional problems and that insight is essential to a cure.の、 等位接続詞andですが、andが入る際は、必ず"the core of most emotional problems と、 that insight is essential to a cureをひとくくりにしなければならないのでしょうか? still central, howeverのあたりも自信がないのですが…。 2)people cant tolerate the lack of structure in traditional psychoanalysis and need more immediate relief. 「人々は、伝統的な精神分析学と、それらの症状のより迅速な除去を必要とする構造の欠陥を見過ごすことができない。」 これも同じく、andのところで手こずってます。 3)therapist may be more direct,raising pertinent topics when appropriate rather than waiting for the client to bring them up. 「セラピストは、クライエントをつれてくるために待っているよりも、むしろ適切なときに、より直接的に関連する話題を引き出すだろう。」 なんだか少し訳に違和感がありました…。 以上です。お手数かけて申し訳ございませんが、よろしくお願い致します。

• 新聞記事の和訳

下記の和訳をお教えください。 「レストランが提供する料理の値段に上乗せすることは絶対したくない」というように解釈していいのでしょうか。 “The last thing we want is to change the industry for the better, only to have the pipeline get overburdened and blow back on restaurants with higher fees or fewer pickups,” she said. なおこの英文は下記の最後の部分です。 http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/23/nyregion/bloomberg-wants-restaurants-to-compost.html?ref=nyregion 宜しくお願いします。

• いくつかの英文の訳をお願いします。

いくつかの英文の訳をお願いします。 ・お腹がいっぱいの時に更に料理が出てきた時   How could I hurt her feelings and refuse. ・母が作った料理について   My host mother was in credible cook. Every meal she prepared had several courses, and was guarantee to add at least a kilogram to my hips. ・Believed it or not I gained ten kilogram during my homestay. And all because I was just being polite. 急いでますので解る方お願いします。

• 英語訳について

日本語でいう、「つい感情的になり 本当に思っていないことをつい言ってしまった。その事で関係が悪くなってしまい、誤解させそれを後悔している。」というので英語でどう言えばよいでしょうか? I shouldnt had to tell you something like that, and now i feel very sorry and have regrets myself. probably where you feel coming from it and made you think that way. I was too emotinal at that moment. but i didnt mean it really. というのでよいでしょうか?? 感情的になり別れると言ってしまった。 I mentioned that our break up stuff cause i was too emotional. 本当はそんなことを望んでいないのに、引き留めて欲しくて、安心したくて言ってしまった。 こういう風にも言いたいのですが、~emotinalのあとどう言っていいかわかりません。。 どうぞお力をおかしください。宜しくお願いします。

• レストランでは好きなものを各自頼んでください

レストランで数十人のパーティをやる予定です。 以下のような内容は、英語でどういったら通じますでしょうか。 状況としては、マネージャーの秘書が、マネージャーの指示で社内の専務に送る文章とします・・・ ご教示いただけたら助かります。 「コース料理を頼むとパーティに2時間半かかってしまうので、 今回はレストランで着席してから皆様各自好きなものをその場で頼んでいただくようにさせていただければと思うのですが・・・」 Reception with course meals tend to take two hours and a half to finish, so in order to save time would you mind ordering whatever you like at the restaurant? order whatever you like というのが、ビジネスで目上の人に言うのがヘンな気がし、もっとスマートな言い方などないでしょうか。 どうぞ宜しくお願いいたします。

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

My husband and I went to visit our oldest son and his wife. They have three children, ages 6, 9 and 11. The youngest girl screams at the top of her lungs when she does not get her way. She also hits her mother when her mother tries to correct her. The oldest child baits the others to stir up trouble. 最後のセンテンスの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 訳を教えてください

I'm a young SAHM (stay-at-home mom) of a 5-month-old baby. My husband and I worked hard to budget, pay off debt and cut expenses prior to our baby being born. I'm the only mom in my friend group who stays home, and recently I've been getting asked to babysit (for free) quite frequently. One friend asked me well in advance to drive across town to pick their daughter up from school two days in a row and watch her until they got home. I agreed, knowing that the child care they had lined up had fallen through. the child care they had lined up had fallen throughの訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 『The Birds and the Foxes』

James Thurberの『The Birds and the Foxes』という短編からの質問です。 Once upon a time there was a bird sanctuary in which hundreds of Baltimore orioles lived together happily. The refuge consisted of a forest entirely surrounded by a highwire fence. When it was put up, a pack of foxes who lived nearby protested that it was an arbitrary and unnatural boundary. However, they did nothing about it at the time because they were interested in civilizing the geese and ducks on the neighboring farms. When all the geese and ducks had been civilized, and there was nothing left to eat, the foxes once more turned their attention to the bird sanctuary. 《質問1》 この英文の中で、civilizeという単語が出てくるのですが、どういう意味なのでしょうか?(下にピックアップしました) *because they were interested in civilizing the geese and ducks on the neighboring farms. *When all the geese and ducks had been civilized~ (続き) Their leader announced that there had once been foxes in the sanctuary but that they had been driven out. He proclaimed that Baltimore orioles belonged in Baltimore. He said, furthermore, that the orioles in the sanctuary were a continuous menace to the peace of the world. The other animals cautioned the foxes not to disturb the birds in their sanctuary. So the foxes attacked the sanctuary one night and tore down the fence that surrounded it. The orioles rushed out and were instantly killed and eaten by the foxes. The next day the leader of the foxes, a fox from whom God was receiving daily guidance, got upon the rostrum and addressed the other foxes. His message was simple and sublime. "You see before you another Lincoln. We have liberated all those birds." 《質問2》 The other animals cautioned the foxes not to disturb the birds in their sanctuary. 他の動物たちは狐に鳥の聖域で妨害しないように警告しました。(と訳しました) (their sanctuaryのtheirは鳥でしょうか?) その次にSo the foxes attacked the sanctuary one night and tore down the fence that surrounded it. という英文が繋がってくるのがわかりません。なぜ狐は鳥の聖域を攻撃したのか? 最後にMoral: Government of the orioles, by the foxes, and for the foxes, must perish from the earth.という一文があるのですが、この意味が今一つわかりません。 単純な話だと思うのですが、どうもよくわかりません。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 訳と文法です。his final State of the Union address

But with the nation divided over the war, and many Americans already looking past Mr. Bush to the 2008 presidential race, he arrived in the House chamber on Monday night a politician with much less ambitious plans. ブッシュ氏は月曜日の夜、かなり意欲に欠ける案を携えた一人の政治家として会議場へやって来た。 as a politicianなどとするところだと思うのですが単純に抜けているだけかもしれませんが特にasを抜く理由はありますでしょうか。http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/29/us/29bush.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&hp 12段落です。