What Does 'The Child Care They Had Lined Up Had Fallen Through' Mean?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The phrase 'the child care they had lined up had fallen through' means that the plans for child care that they had arranged in advance did not work out.
  • In this situation, the person who asked the question agreed to babysit because they knew that the original child care arrangement fell through.
  • This phrase indicates that the parents had made plans for someone to take care of their child, but those plans did not work out and they needed someone else to step in.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

訳を教えてください

I'm a young SAHM (stay-at-home mom) of a 5-month-old baby. My husband and I worked hard to budget, pay off debt and cut expenses prior to our baby being born. I'm the only mom in my friend group who stays home, and recently I've been getting asked to babysit (for free) quite frequently. One friend asked me well in advance to drive across town to pick their daughter up from school two days in a row and watch her until they got home. I agreed, knowing that the child care they had lined up had fallen through. the child care they had lined up had fallen throughの訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

the child care they had lined up had fallen throughの訳を教えてください。  line up は、下記の句動詞の4「確保する」、「手配する」、「集める」という意味です。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=line+up  fall through は、下記のように「(計画などが)失敗(不成立)に終わる」という意味です。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=fall+through  ですから「彼らが(お嬢さんを入れると)確保しておいた託児所が、出来ないことになり、おじゃんになった」でしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9726/12098)
回答No.1

>the child care they had lined up had fallen throughの訳を教えてください。 ⇒子供の世話(の委託)のために列をなして並んだが、失敗した(受けつけてもらえなかった)ということを知って(私が承諾した)。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 過去完了

They once took my son when he was small and drove him around and grilled him because they thought he was being abused. He had fallen and hit his face on a bleacher at the pool. My mom was there and saw the whole thing happen but pretended not to know. I worked for Child Protective Services at the time and was humiliated. But thank goodness, my son and I were interviewed, so we could prove nothing bad had happened. He had fallenとnothing bad hadのところはなぜ過去形ではなく過去完了なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 訳を教えてください。

Tom and Susan had failed in what they had set out to do. この英文の訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• 訳を教えてください

My 3-year-old daughter’s best friend at day care is a boy. They have been together since they were little babies and are inseparable. His family and some of the nursery staff have encouraged the idea that they are boyfriend and girlfriend—when we went to his birthday party, even his extended family said, “Oh you’re Sally’s mom, his little girlfriend!” I know this is fairly common in the way people talk about children, but it’s something I think is creepy and weird. I’ve let it slide because my daughter refers to George as her “best friend,” not her boyfriend, so I don’t worry it’s rubbing off. I don’t worry it’s rubbing offの訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 訳と解説をお願いします。

Mary , where were you yesterday ? I wanted to tell you about the picnic. Oh, who's picnic? My mother is going to let me have one. I hope that she will let me come. I may ask I want. I want you and all my friends to come. She looked at Tom, but he was talking to Amy Lawrence. Other in the group began asking if they could go. Soon everyone had asked. 訳をお願いします。また、Who's picnic? let me have one ,let me come について解説をしていただくとありがたいです。

• 訳を教えてください

以下の文章の最後の一文がよくわりません。ご教授ください。 However, up until the moment that those keys were turned over, I was still searching for something that had greater value to me than anything I had ever imagined as a child, and that I knew for certain was in that house at one time. https://medium.com/@bclund/the-most-valuable-fake-id-in-the-world-ddb7a9120c5 これのand that I knew for certain was in that house at one time.の部分です。よろしくお願いします。

• 訳をお願いします。

Mom, you are the bravest person I know and ultimate survivor . If I was ever to harbor any hate in my heart , it would be for all that you have suffered because of Phillip . Mom, you never gave up hope that I would one day come home and here I am , so glad to be back . You are everything I remember and more . You have embraced your grandchildren in a way I never believed possible. for all thatのところや here I amや possibleのとこがわからないのでお願いします。宜しくお願いします。

• 日本語訳お願いします。

Thought I seldom answer the telephone, I always answer a letter. I like writing to people I have never met,gradually finding out their interests in life and their personalities. I have made many new friends in this way but I have never made a friend for a telephone call. Writing letters is becoming a lost art. People make the excuse that they have no time to sit down and compose an interesting letter,just as they say they never have time to read books. Yet they find time to do all kinds of useless things:they waste half their lives in unnecessary activities.

• cherry on top

My daughter has been friends with “Eve” since kindergarten, they are now in third grade. She adores her friend and wants to see her all the time. They play great together and have play dates once or twice a week—always at my house. Eve’s mom never invites my child over, and my daughter has been in their house all of five times. It didn’t bother me at first but now it feels like a thorn in my side. Eve recently got a pet that my daughter wants to see. My daughter asked to see said pet and was “allowed” to go over one day after school for an hour. Eve’s mom has Eve’s cousins over all the time (same age) for play dates and never invites my daughter to join in. This is starting to piss me off. The cherry on top is that Eve’s mom regularly uses me as free “child care” if there are any issues in her personal life. The cherry on topは辞書には「色をそえるもの」とあったのですが、ここでは当てはまらないと思います。どのような訳になるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 訳と解説をお願いします。

訳と解説をお願いします。 "Mary , where were you yesterday ? I wanted to tell you about the picnic." "Oh, who's picnic?" "My mother is going to let me have one." "I hope that she will let me come." "I may ask anyone I want. I want you and all my friends to come." She looked at Tom, but he was talking to Amy Lawrence. Others in the group began asking if they could go. Soon everyone had asked. 訳をお願いします。また、Who's picnic? let me have one ,let me come について解説をしていただくとありがたいです。 以前に質問して、回答をもらったのですが、英文で単語が抜けていたので、また、質問させてもらいます。宜しくお願いします。

• 日本語訳を教えて下さい

日本語訳を教えて下さい When I decided to send my son to a regular Japanese elementary school, my friends and family in America asked if I was worried about stereotype that bullying is worse in Japan. I bullying, I told them it's a told them my son would be fine. And at first, he was happy and learning well. なんとなくはわかるんですがはっきりとは理解できず、どなたか教えて頂けないでしょうか。