• ベストアンサー

何故、過去形?

wind-sky-windの回答

回答No.4

この時制の感覚がわからない人はかつて同僚だった英語教師にもいました。 でも高校レベルなんですよ。 #1 の方がおっしゃるような時制の一致の一種ともいえます。 毎日のことについて, I have dinner before I take a bath. 今日,これからのことについて I'll have dinner before I take a bath. これが昨日のことになると, I had dinner before I took a bath. こういう,過去のことはすべて過去形で表わす。 I'll wait until he comes. 彼が来るまで待とう。 これが過去のことになると, I waited until he came. 彼が来るのは未来だけど,until が時を表す副詞節だから,comes という現在。 これが過去のことになると,全体的に過去にずれる。

関連するQ&A

• 仮定法?

would の使い方がよくわかりません。どう訳したらよいでしょうか? Cindy has decided to go and work in Japan after she graduates,but her father wishes she would stay closer to home.

• 英語の文法の問題

(1)I highly recommended she take walks regularly to stay fit. (2)I highly recommended her taking walks regularly to stay fit. (3)I highly recommended her to taking walks regularly to stay fit. この三つの文章の中で間違った文はありますか? なぜ間違っているのか理由も教えてくれると助かります よろしくお願いします

• 分詞構文と助動詞

分詞構文を作るとき、助動詞はどうすればいいんでしょうか? 例えば、以下の分の分詞構文はどうなるんでしょうか? ex.Bcause I would see her the next day,I decided to go to bed early. 回答をお願いします。

• 高校英語

並べ替え問題 (1)彼女は彼をとても愛していたので、結婚することに決めました。 Such (for/her/she decided/that/love/him/was)to marry him. 答 was her love for him that she decided 私はSuch S is that~という構造もあるので her love for was that she decided と回答してしまいました

• 意味を教えてください

My fiancee bought a house last year, with a sizable down payment provided by her mother. A few weeks ago, my future mother-in-law expressed the sentiment that we should wait to put my name on the deed of the house in order "to see how the marriage works out." I understand that she wants to protect her investment, but we have decided to combine all of our finances in an effort to show unity, as well as making house-related issues easier for me to handle. I feel like she thinks I'm a gold digger. To make matters worse, my fiancee has trouble establishing boundaries with her mother and did not inform her mother of our plans to combine finances until the other day. put my name on the deed of the houseとestablishing boundaries with her mother の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• until lunch time 含むか含まないか

I will stay with her until lunch time, then drop her off around 12:30 or1:00pm この場合 ランチタイムは入るか入らないか? 私的にはこの人は、この彼女とランチをしてから別れるという印象を受けましたが、どうなんでしょうか? Until は ランチタイムを含むのでしょうか?含まないのでしょうか?

• 英文の添削をお願いします。

日本語にあわせて英文を作ったのですが、 添削をお願いしたいです。 1.26歳になったばかりのとき、ぼくはその仕事をすることを決めた When i am 26, i decided to take the job. 2.簡単に説明してください please explain with concise. 3.腰をくねらせて猫のポーズをした ------------------ had + 動詞の原型 had + 動詞の過去形 had + 動詞の過去分詞 この3つはどういった違いがあるか、説明してもらえないでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• antil afterについて

お世話になっております。 以下についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 She prefers, however, to postpone finding permanent housing until after she has become familliar with her new surroundings. (1)このuntilは前置詞でしょうか? (2)もし前置詞でしたら、前置詞+接続詞という順番は文法的にOKでしょうか? どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。

• どんな内容か教えてください。お願いします!

He was used to her being silent. But this silence went on and on and on. She was just staring into the garden. After a time,she said,in her precise conversational tone, "The only thing I want,the only thing I want at all in this world,is to see that boy." She stared at the garden and he stared with her,until the grass began to dance with empty light,and the edges of the shrubbery wavered. For a brief moment he shared the strain of not seeing the boy.Then she gave a little sigh,sat down,neatly as always,and passed out at his feet. After this she became,for her,voluble. He didn't move her after she fainted,but sat patiently by her,until she stirred and sat up;then he fetched her some water,and would have gone away,but she talked.

• この場合、過去形ですか、現在形ですか?

(   )内にあとの【   】の中から適当な動詞を選び、必要に応じて形を変えていれなさい。 Mom (   )very hard all last week. She still(   ) really tired this morning. I'm going to (   ) her with the housework this afternoon. 【help, look, work】 2つ目の(  )なんですが、過去形か、現在形かが 分からず困っています。 英語にお詳しい方、お知恵を拝借出来れば幸いです。 よろしくお願い致します。